The Getaway

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeonmu’s car was following behind. Soohyuk didn’t tell her yet where they were going. “One thing sure, we will be eating,” he said and Yejin didn’t ask for more. She hoped it was something delicious.

Because the event was ended in 8pm approximately, they went outside to search for food rather eat in the shopping mall. Got away from crowd and found a tranquility, that what was Soohyuk was all about. The audiences attending the mall could be  disturbance.

“So, I’ll have my reward, right?” he asked.

“Hm?” she responded. “Yeah, you’ll get it,” she said lazily. “Don’t be afraid of it,” she added. “If you’re worried, then come and ask for it every day.”

“Really? Can I do really do that?” he started to . “I will if you want me to come every day,” he said and smirked, Yejin glared at him again. “Maybe I should do that.”

“I should report you to the security, then,” she threatened him with her tone even though she still leaned lazily against the seat.

“Then I should report you for not using my popularity,” he threatened her back. “I can say all the bad things you do,” she sighed and rolled her eyes. He starts it again, she sighed once again and Soohyuk chuckled.

Because she didn’t want to hear him more, she the radio and listened to the songs. Knew that she turned the audio on, he changed it into CD mode. He suddenly wanted her to listen to his songs.

To his surprise, Yejin followed the rhythm along with moving her head slightly and tapping her fingers. Soohyuk saw her reaction a bit and smirked. “You like this song?” he asked.

“As long as it’s easy to listen,” she told. “Any kind as long as I like the beat.”

“What do you like? Mostly?”

Yejin thought. She never thought of music’s genres so far. She hummed as she thought. “Hip hop?” she was unsure of her own answer. “Big Bang is dope,” she said.

“Yeah,” he admitted it. “The songs are exciting.”

“Sometimes I like band like Hyukoh and else,” she explained it unclearly. “And something else,” she said. He chuckled listening to her answer.

They arrived at the barbeque restaurant for minutes later after he listened to her story how she pursued this career. It was because he asked and he found new sides of her again. She was, like Yeongkwang said, calmer than he knew (because of the way she treated him). She listened what Yeongkwang was like when they were little.

“Okay, we’re arrived,” he said and she stopped talking. “You can save your stories for later,” he said and smirked. She just smiled and they got off from the car together but they couldn’t find Hyeonmu’s car. Yejin looked around and she couldn’t find it. “What?” he asked after he saw her like that.

“Hyeonmu hasn’t arrived yet,” she said and still looked for them. Soohyuk coolly checked to his left and right and he couldn’t find him also.

Yejin became impatient and decided to call him. Soohyuk saw her calling Hyeonmu and she still waited for his answer. “Hyeonmu-ya!” listening to it, he guessed Hyeonmu already picked it up. “Where are you?” she asked him in her impatient tone. “What?!” she was surprised, looked at how her widened her eyes. Then she grunted, walked here and there. Soohyuk just paid attention to him. She sighed, resented. “Okay, then,” she said and angrily hung up the phone.

“What happened?” Soohyuk asked.

“They went to another place,” she said and grunted. “Ah, I should’ve joined with them earlier!” grunted in a low voice, didn’t want to be a center of attention. She regretted accepting Sooyoung’s offer. Listening to this, Soohyuk was slightly disappointed.

“C’mon,” he was preventing himself to become impatient and held her hand quickly, made her walk inside with him. Yejin was confused and sulky, but his held was stronger so she couldn’t escape.

The restaurant was not as crowded and Yejin could see familiar faces, but she didn’t know exactly their names one by one. Soohyuk coolly came inside and took a seat for both of them. Yejin looked to her surrounding, did a quick scan and looked confused to him. “I think you know these people,” she said where her voice just could be heard by both of them.

Soohyuk smiled, folded his arms and put it on the table. His smile was full of meaning and Yejin guessed that he knew exactly who they were. He smirked, “I’ll tell you later,” he said and Yejin didn’t force him to tell anyway. For her, to know them or not was not her problem.

The waiter came to them and Soohyuk ordered right away. Yejin saw them talked to each other and she knew that Soohyuk was like a regular here. He even asked the waiter to bring him the usual. She was curious but she managed to keep her wants-to-know expression.

“Is the food delicious?” she randomly asked, as well as to find another information.

“Delicious,” he said it confidently. “You won’t regret it,” he said more. “I come here many times and I like it here,” he explained and she just nodded.

Their food came and of course, it served barbeque. The usual that Soohyuk asked was rice wine. “So, that’s your usual?” she asked while slightly pointing to the rice wine. Soohyuk smiled and nodded. “You like it more than soju?”

“Yeah, you can say it like that,” he said. She understood more what his preferences were like.

“What about songs? Genres?” she asked. “Since you asked me about that earlier,” Soohyuk chuckled listening her reason.

“Anything, just like your answer,” he answered shortly and Yejin frowned her eyebrows at him. “Really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter