Working Together

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday. Day before weekend, but Soohyuk had to work. The price he had to pay for getting in this entertainment industry. He knew that, but he would do his best on that.

He went to the studio with his crew, from his manager, stylist, and coordinator. As he arrived, he greeted the staffs politely and proceed to the changing room. While he had his job with him, he also didn’t forget her soon-to-be-published book. Soohyuk brought the papers with him and while the make-up artist did her work for him, he spent his time to read.

As he read, the chemistry between the main roles began stronger than in the chapters before. He fell into reading it and some in a second, the make-up artist took a peek on what he was reading. “You like romance novel?” she asked.

“No, it’s for job,” he answered kindly. “But as I read it, I fall into the story,” he said and chuckled. The make-up artist just smiled.

Even after his make-up done, he went to the set and took a sit around the staffs as they were busy taking care of the sets and props. Soohyuk killed his time by reading again.

“Okay, shooting start!” the director said it loud and his manager realized him by tapping his shoulders. Soohyuk gave the papers to his manager and went to the set, started taking pictures.

The photo shoot plus the interview was done after 4 hours, like usual. He changed his clothes again and greeted the staff goodbye. “Thank you,” he said politely and went to his car again. After this, he wouldn’t go anywhere but he had to stop by at the office.

When on the road, he made sure to read. He took the papers out from his bag and read it. As the chemistry between the main roles were out, he began to think of an idea to make it real.

Days were starting to get busy for her as she went back and forth to the publishing company. Her editor edited her words again when she thought that the book would not need any editing, but that was impossible.

The editing finished at Tuesday and they would printed it right away and Hyeonmu already sent the design to the editor, the company just needed to pay him. Along with making the second cover, Hyeonmu also responsible for the main cover where Soohyuk was in the front face.

On Wednesday, they had a meeting first, even though Hyeonmu and friends already prepared if they decided to take a photo again this day. Soohyuk told the team to have a meeting first with him. Here they are, in circle. Yejin folded her arms, signed Soohyuk to talk what he wanted to talk.

He cleared his throat and started, “I have my idea about the second photo shoot.” The others looked at him, “The idea is a bit crazy for you, Yejin-a.” He spoke honestly. His idea was crazy. He didn’t even think Yejin would agree with him at the first time.

“What’s that?” she asked lightly. Soohyuk cleared his throat again and everybody paid attention to him.

“Okay, so… I’ve read your story already,” he said and Yejin widened her eyes. Sooyoung and Hyeonmu did surprise too by how fast he read a book. It was not usual for a busy people to read, but they thought that he could be a reliable person to them. “Really,” he confirmed once again and the team still couldn’t believe it. “Anyway, my photo shoot today is related to one of the story from the story.”

“Which one?” she asked quickly.

Soohyuk smirked, “The one that they had a kiss.” He saw her with no response. Soohyuk then saw the part of the story to Sooyoung and Hyeonmu by himself. The others started to nod, understood what picture he meant. “Rather than a direct kiss stated in this, I’d like to have a scene where I plant a kiss on a woman’s neck,” he further explained. Yejin was confused. “Because in the next chapter you told how the woman was drunk by his love and so did him.”

“Passionate, huh?” Sooyoung asked by reflect.

“You can say it like that,” Soohyuk said. He looked at her again, tried to get her confirmation. “So… how?” he said.

She nodded. Thought it would be a good idea. She then thought that she could put that picture in the middle of the chapter. “But just that one photo you suggest?” she said. “If we just put one photo on the book, it will be useless taking more of it,” she said her reasons and the others nodded too, it was logical.

Hyeonmu then thought, “Then we can take couple pictures other than that pose he mentioned.” Hyeonmu’s idea was not bad and the others agreed with it, even Soohyuk. “So, per chapter it has one picture,” he said.

“All of the pictures on the chapters is a couple picture?” Sooyoung then asked. Yeah, Yejin was curious on this too. Hyeonmu than shook his head.

“We can use solo picture of Soohyuk we took last week and some solo shots of the woman,” Hyeonmu explained.

Then, Yejin asked, “But… how can we get the woman to be in our project?”  it was a crucial one. The others thought and sighed, but then Yejin looked at Sooyoung and she caught Yejin’s eyes.

She strongly refused, “No,” she shook her head and waved her hands.

Soohyuk saw the scene of everyone pointing to Sooyoung. His real intention started to come out. “How about Yejin?” he said it loud and the others went silent. Yejin was surprised, at the same time she widened her eyes on him and giving him a look you must be kidding me. Suddenly, their eyes pointed to her.

“No!” she strongly, more strongly refused. “Not a chance, no way! I won’t take pictures with you and I don’t want to,” she said it harsh. “We have Sooyoung, why don’t we put her in the picture! It’s no way that author could be a model in the cover. No way,” she said her opinion.

Soohyuk looked seriously at her and Sooyoung caught his action. She knew he really wanted to take picture with Yejin. So, Sooyoung signed her eyes to Hyeonmu and gave him a signal where Hyeonmu understood, he nodded his head. Sooyoung was surprised. Usually at times like this, Hyeonmu sided with the more logic one.

“You don’t have to show your eyes. Just keep it shut,” he said to Yejin and Yejin widened her eyes at him. “Anyway, with you as being the model, Sooyoung could help you with the make-up. She has more experience in make-up artist experience than you do,” Hyeonmu said his opinion and he was right but Yejin strongly shook her head.

“No way! No way!” she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter