Polaroid

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yejin and team became busy as the competition was approaching. Well, not that busy though but they still had to call the event organizer to be able to display their books. Meanwhile Sooyoung felt there was still an emptiness in just presenting the book. She wanted more but she still had got no idea. She rolled her chair round and round made everybody confused at her.

“Why? What happened, Sooyoung-a?” Hyeonmu reached her desk and asked her. She still did her thing.

“Thinking of the competition,” she answered.

“Huh?” Hyeonmu confused.

“I think there’s still an emptiness in just presenting the book,” she said her opinion.

“Well, that’s what it should be, right? Anyway Soohyuk will come with us too so… what still we need more?” Hyeonmu said and Sooyoung did understand this that every model in the cover should be present but… the fact that they needed just that seemed empty for her.

Yejin heard them and went to Sooyoung’s desk. Because Sooyoung became concern, she thought the idea too. As she thought it, she agreed with Sooyoung it would be just so empty with just presenting the book.

“Last year we did the same, right? And the result was always the same,” Hyeonmu said his opinion to the girls. “Remember when we just explained the book simple but we reached first place?” he asked, tried to remember her.

“Yeah, that was like years ago,” Sooyoung said and rolled her eyes. “Remember oppa the next year, our competitors were… I feel like, they presented the best!” Sooyoung stated the fact obviously and Yejin nodded. “Look, even Yejin eonnie agreed with me,” then the three started to think.

“Anyway, I will sign the 100 book,” Yejin said her idea.

“But I hope you not only sign it, eonnie-ya,” Sooyoung said and Yejin nodded, hummed, thinking.

“Ah!” Hyeonmu got an idea and all eyes were on him. “Well,” his eyes started to roll here and there. He even doubted that his idea would be accepted by Yejin. But the girls were anticipating him to talk. “Well, I think Soohyuk-ssi should sign the 100 books too and you give the fans Polaroid photo of him,” he said. Sooyoung took a peek at Yejin’s expression. Her face didn’t tell them she would be angry.

“Why him?” she asked carefully, she didn’t want to start any fight with them this time. Hyeonmu and Sooyoung just exchanged gazes, Hyeonmu signed Sooyoung to explain.

“Look, eonnie,” Sooyoung began to bravely explain the reason. She stood up and looked at Yejin’s eyes. “Soohyuk oppa, well, you know he’s famous,” she started and Yejin slowly nodded. “I mean, yeah, he’s famous and with his looks many fans will like it and even vote your books!” she said.

“So, we use his popularity indirectly?” Yejin asked.

“Directly, you mean,” Hyeonmu corrected her words. Directly, she thought. Yeah…

She thought. Yeah, well, it was not that bad, but… using someone’s popularity she didn’t feel fair enough. “Think of other competitors too, they must have a secret weapon,” Sooyoung said. “Just remember our competitors from year to year, the one who put you on the second and the third place,” she said more and Yejin began to think seriously.

“But… to ask him to help him like this,” Yejin said her concern. “He must be thinking that we are using them,” she said and they stayed silent, somehow felt guilty too.

“Hm, well,” Sooyoung talked. “We never know if we don’t try,” she said with doubt, slightly moved her shoulders up and down.

“So, what should we do?” Hyeonmu asked and looked at Yejin. She sighed. It was hard to be in her position, choosing between things. Sooyoung looked at her too. The choice was on her hand, to choose it or not to choose it.

“Should we ask him then?” Sooyoung asked and they looked at her. Yejin couldn’t answer.

“Yeah, I think we should,” Hyeonmu answered Sooyoung’s question and she sat in front of her computer again and began to call him. Yejin was frozen, she didn’t know what to say or what to do. She was speechless, but instead of mad she was nervous. Didn’t know why.

“Hello, Soohyuk oppa,” Sooyoung really called him and he really did answer!

Soohyuk was in his office after meeting and got his free time, coincidentally Sooyoung called. “Yeah, hello,” he replied.

“Do you have time after this?” Sooyoung carefully asked. Soohyuk was confused of why she called him and asked things like that. “Because we have to talk about the competition,” she explained more.

“Oh, I see,” he replied. “Yeah, I have a lot of time. I’ll be there in minutes,” Soohyuk said and went outside of the office already. The other saw him just waving goodbye at them.

“Thanks oppa,” Sooyoung thanked him and he hung up the phone. Well, he thought it must be something important for Sooyoung to call him like this. “Soohyuk oppa is on his way now,” Sooyoung looked to both of them and explained. Hyeonmu nodded and Yejin still froze. She decided to went to her working room.

Sooyoung signed Hyeonmu about Yejin, asking what was wrong with her by whispering to him. Hyeonmu raised his shoulders, he didn’t know it too. And what amazed them that Yejin just stayed quiet and didn’t give any crazy reaction.

Soohyuk arrived in 45 minutes later. He rang the bell instead of knocking it like always, since he thought that Yejin also knew about his arrival. Hyeonmu opened the door for him, greeted him and led him to her working room. Sooyoung already sat with Yejin on the sofa in her room, then Hyeonmu and Soohyuk automatically sat in the sofa in front of them.

“Okay, what happened?” Soohyuk asked, straightly to the business. Both Hyeonmu and Yejin looked at each other and prepared themselves to talk. “I think Yejin could explain it for me,” Soohyuk said kindly and they stopped moving. The gazes were toward Yejin right then and she just widened her eyes while looking at Soohyuk while he gave her that smirk again.

She took a deep breath and sighed. “Well, can you do me a favor, Soohyuk-a?” Yejin slowly asked and Soohyuk kept listening. He anticipated it. “The thing is, we need to add some flavor into the book so we can be sure that we are in the top three,” she explained things carefully.

“What do you want me to do?” he asked.

“Just signing 100 books with me,” she answered while observing his expression. “Today, if you could,” she said. “We need to be fast,” he nodded, understood. “So… how?” she asked him slowly.

“Signing the books are fine with me,” he answered and smiled. “Any other thing?” he asked again because he thought she still had things to say but confuse on how to convey it.

Sooyoung looked at Soohyuk carefully. “Hm, well, the thing is,” Sooyoung started to talk, took a look at Yejin and back at him. “We need your one Polaroid selfie also for the 100 books,” she said.

“You just need to take one picture and I take care the multiplication,” Hyeonmu added. Yejin looked at Soohyuk carefully and he looked to all of them.

“So, I’ll help you guys through my photos and signs?” he asked and they carefully nodded, except Yejin. He looked at Yejin seriously, “What is the benefit for me?”

Yejin was surprised when he aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter