The Show

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From that time, they didn’t meet again and she had this urgency to want to see him, how he looked recently. Maybe he looked different because of the upcoming drama or maybe he stayed the same. Since there was no news about that and she couldn’t search for it recently, she was curious. She wanted to stop her curiosity but…

The last time she saw him, he stayed the same with that hairstyle of him. He didn’t keep his bang down, he liked to style it up. What was different, he kept looking at her and that made her nervous but it didn’t make her looking away from him, it made her keep looking at him.

And it had been two months and hours later she and her team would be attending the fashion week at Dongdaemun. Yejin decided to drive her own car so Sooyoung and Hyeonmu could go there with Hyeonmu’s car.

Yejin drove slowly because she didn’t want to arrive on time and she wanted to sit far away so Yeongkwang and his friends couldn’t notice her, including Soohyuk.

When she was in the middle of her way, Sooyoung called. “Where are you, eonnie?” she asked. The sound came from her was a crowdness. It meant that she already arrived with Hyeonmu.

“Still on my way, stuck in the traffic,” she answered lightly.

“Get here quickly eonnie, you wouldn’t want to miss the whole event,” she said. “We might find a new model for the next competition,” she said and Yejin was surprised Sooyoung could say that. She thought Sooyoung was just stuck with Soohyuk.

Yejin arrived 15 minutes after the event was started. Glad that she didn’t meet Sooyoung and Hyeonmu, even though Sooyoung already chatted her so much in the messenger she didn’t read it. Inside of the plaza was so crowded. Not just they held a cat-walk, for people who didn’t want to see it there was a photo exhibition outside of the outfit and the details. Just like a style expo. Yejin took time a while to see the photos. Many of the outfits were unique and one piece of clothing interested her.

She walked around holding a brochure people gave to her and then went to the ticket booth to buy it. She understood why the fashion week became public because of the affordable ticket for student. Because she was not a student anymore, she bought an adult ticket and went inside. The show had already started and models were cat-walking, presenting the outfit they wore.

Yejin chose a far away seats between a young man and woman. She sat there and watched the whole show. It was the time for the male models and she regretted herself coming in at this time. Whatevs, she decided to watch the whole show since no one could notice her sitting there.

The stage was white with interesting neon lights kept changing its color on the background. The sign of the show was designed modernly. It was written with Seoul Fashion Week Fall and she saw famous designers and celebrities sitting in the front row.

She saw already Yeongkwang and Woobin walked on the stage coolly and handsomely. Minutes later she saw Sung Joon walked down the stage but Jonghyun and Soohyuk weren’t seen yet.

Sooyoung and Hyeonmu were searching for Yejin but for minutes later they didn’t do it because Sooyoung focused right away on the models and Hyeonmu started taking pictures beside her. Yejin could even see all the media gathered around the stage.

Ten minutes later, Soohyuk and Jonghyun were showing up on the stage. Then Yejin fixed her eyes on one person. Surely, he is a model. Yejin was impressed by his performance on stage. She admitted how handsome and cool he was, showing his usual look on stage that made him cooler.

Soohyuk stopped in the stage for a second, showing the audiences the outfit and then turned to walk back to the backstage. As he turned back, at his left he noticed there was Yejin, definitely her but he should walk along, he shouldn’t stop. He hoped it was her.

Yejin didn’t know that Soohyuk saw her, well she hoped he saw her but even though he saw her, she didn’t notice it. She just saw him turning back and she paid attention even to his back. He was cool, she admitted it.

The show was over one hour later and the MCs told about a game that the prize, the audience would have one piece of clothing from what the models wore. That seemed interesting, even Yejin wanted to join into the game but her phone was vibrating and she sighed because it was bothering her but at the same time she couldn’t reject it. It was from Yeongkwang.

“Why oppa?” she asked right away.

The crowd was not as wild as they were in the concert. It was much more quiet and organized so she could hear him well. “Yejin-a, where are you?” he asked back.

“I’m on my seat, why?”

“Come to the backstage since we’re done with our shows,” he said. Yejin was surprised to receive this invitation. “You just need to go to the toilet and you’ll see a door for staff only. Tell me if you’re already there,” he explained quickly. “Bye!” and hung up the phone quickly before Yejin could give her excuse.

She sighed. If she didn’t show up, Yeongkwang would ask her all day long and that was more bothering her.

Sooyoung and Hyeonmu were already in front of the door, waiting for Yejin to show up and she came 10 minutes later. Sooyoung folded her arms, “What taking you so long, eonnie?” she asked.

“Too many crowd,” she found her excuse. The reality was the crowd was no kidding at all, but she intentionally showing up late to them and right after that Hyeonmu told Yeongkwang that they were already there. Minutes later Yeongkwang showed up and gave them the backstage passes.

“Come in,” he said and the three of them followed him. Yeongkwang took them into tour first so they knew where the drinks were, where the toilets and else. Then he gave them free-time. Hyeonmu toured himself to take pictures right away and Sooyoung just followed him since she didn’t know anyone in here.

Yejin jut walked alone, looked at the wardrobe while waiting for Yeongkwang took care of his things. The wardrobe were unique and she didn’t regret it to see one by one. The one who got the backstage pass was not her either, there were a few of people who got the same and she didn’t know who they were.

Suddenly a bunch of people came out and it was in crowd. Yejin stopped walking because it was too crowded and it made her couldn’t move. How could the show cast so many models? It meant that the fashion week would be held for days. She bumped some while looking here and there, unknowingly.

“Are you Yejin-ssi?” a man’s voice was heard in front of her. She looked to it and found Jonghyun stood in front of her despite the crowd who was going here and there.

Yejin nodded and bowed herself to him and he did the same. “Jonghyun-ssi, right?” she asked carefully and he smiled kindly.

“With who…?” he asked. Yejin was kind of confused what this question meant. Did it mean who she went with or who gave her a backstage pass?

“Yeongkwang oppa gave me a backstage pass,” she explained and Jonghyun slowly nodded. Yejin took a conclusion that he was about to ask this.

Then they went silent and Jonghyun’s eyes looked here and there like finding a person. “Oh, here he is!” he said and Yejin just looked at him. “Yejin-ssi,” he said and Yejin smiled. “I gotta go, nice to meet you!” he said and bowed his head slightly to her. She smiled friendly and bowed her head back to him.

Soohyuk was coming out from the fitting room and followed the path to the large area near the entrance of the backstage pass, where Yejin was, but he didn’t know about it. As soon as he came out, it was too crowded he couldn’t see anyone. Celebrities were there, but he could talk to them later. Yeongkwang wasn’t seen, so was Jonghyun and the others. As he looked for them, people started moving and he coincidentally found Yejin was standing there, looked like she was searching for someone. Soohyuk didn’t move for a second but then went to her, bravely.

Yejin was looking for the others as well and right then she saw Soohyuk who was walking toward her. She suddenly became nervous again, panic, afraid that he would come to her and she avoided him, pretended like she didn’t see him by turning her head to the back to expect if he searched for the other person.

“Hi,” he was already in front of her and she was surprised to hear his voice, it made her flinch and he could saw that. He greeted her carefully.

She carefully looked to him. “Hi,” she greeted and adverted her eyes to somewhere else. He kept looking at her and she knew it that made her felt more burden or uncomfortable. They went into an awkward silence and she kept tapping her right foot.

“Oh,” he said as the another crowd came out and there was no space fit for the people. Why do they have this small area for a lot of people? Soohyuk complained and he could say that to his manager and the manager would relay it to the committee.

Those people made Soohyuk came closer unintentionally to Yejin and she felt a body bump as she looked to him, their body was like hugging each other the difference was that Soohyuk didn’t wrap his arms on her. When she looked at him, he was looking toward the crowd. Then he felt her head in his chest. He was surprised and looked to her who was adverting her gaze somewhere else.

“Sorry,” he said lowly and Yejin just nodded. “Sorry if this is extremely uncomfortable to you,” Soohyuk said, afraid that Yejin already hated this situation. Despite that, Yejin was like stabbed listening to that extremely uncomfortable words.

“It’s okay,” she tried to answer lightly and the crowd didn’t seem calmer. They kept being close like that. Soohyuk looked at her and she kept looking somewhere else. She must be uncomfortable, he thought and looked around to find any solution. If it kept like this, he better took her hand and brought her somewhere else outside the crowd.

“Follow me,” he said and Yejin was confused but he was already excusing here and there and she just could force her body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter