The Competition Day

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yejin and her team went to the competition place the day before and checked everything. Like Hyeonmu explained yesterday, it was all settled and Yejin was satisfied with that. Later, she met the other competitors. Some was new, some was an old-face. She went to her author friend, Sangwook, shook hands with him and talked.

Hyeonmu and Sooyoung talked to the others as well and they found out a team brought their model before the competition. They were surprised that there was one very open-minded competitor. They rarely saw something like that, but it didn’t drag them down.

Sangwook went to another place with his team and she went to Sooyoung and Hyeonmu who enjoyed the music for the performance tomorrow. “Okay guys,” Yejin said and they looked at her. “Let’s go,” she said.

They went to a barbeque restaurant. Even though this wasn’t a proper mood to eat barbeque, they hadn’t won yet but already acted like celebrating it, they wanted to eat beef. Sooyoung was good at grilling so she did it and Hyeonmu made a wrap for Sooyoung who grilled too much.

Yejin saw that scene in front of her and she slightly coughed. Sooyoung and Hyeonmu looked at her confused and they looked at each other, asking. “Why, Yejin-a?” Hyeonmu asked while Sooyoung was munching her wrap.

“You guys… I feel something different between you two,” Yejin honestly said and smirked, gave them all that teasing smile.

“So what?” Hyeonmu coolly answered her and Yejin chanted ‘oh’ while kept looking at them like that. “It’s starting to become real anyway,” Hyeonmu said it coolly and Sooyoung widened her eyes at him. Hyeonmu looked back to Sooyoung, “What?” Sooyoung slowly shook her head and Yejin just chuckled at them.

“How about you, then, eonnie? Being that lovey-dovey with Soohyuk yesterday,” Sooyoung fought back and Yejin choked. She patted and heart to digest the food well and quickly drank her water. Sooyoung and Hyeonmu looked at each other then looked at Yejin, laughed. “I didn’t think that you will be that surprise, eonnie,” Sooyoung commented and laughed.

Yejin glared at them after she properly digested her food. “What non-sense are you guys talking about?” she shoot words. “There’s nothing between me and him,” she fought back coolly and ate a piece of sliced beef.

Then, Sooyong took her phone out and clicked the gallery. She showed the photo she took yesterday to Hyeonmu where Soohyuk’s pose was giving Yejin food and Yejin slightly turned her head to him to eat it. “Oh, Sooyoung-a,” Hyeonmu was impressed. “You did great!” he said and gave that teasing look to Yejin.

Yejin was nervous, afraid that Sooyoung had something she didn’t know and it was about her and Soohyuk. She quickly and impolitely took Sooyoung’s phone and saw the picture. Sooyoung gasped, didn’t accept Yejin’s action to her. Yejin’s eyes popped out and widened her eyes at Sooyoung. “What is this?” she asked frantically while showing the picture to Sooyoung. The younger took her phone immediately and put in on her pocket quickly.

“Just a photo of you and him,” Sooyoung casually answered and Yejin sighed, she didn’t believed what had happened. She put her chopsticks down and folded her arms while looking to both of them like that. Speechless.

Hyeonmu casually ate his food and Sooyoung did the same. They didn’t pay attention to Yejin’s complaint, let her complain all she might. This day, they decided to not listen to it.

“You better delete it soon or I fire you,” Yejin warned Sooyoung sharply but Sooyoung wasn’t afraid of that because she already sent the picture to Soohyuk.

The day had come and Soohyuk came early as Yejin had told him to. He arrived with protection so the people couldn’t find out who he was and he succeed in getting his way to the waiting room. He took his sunglasses off and was surprised that he found out many competitors with many models he knew were participating.

He was even surprised to find his colleague and they greeted each other and talked to each other for minutes before he went to Yejin. “Good luck!” his colleague said and he smiled, giving him a cheer too.

The author was creative. He could see from the model concept that one team went for a fantasy genre which he thought it must be cost a lot of money too. At times curious what other stories were but he focused to Yejin’s this day. It was like her big day.

Soohyuk found Yejin in the most corner spot. She already changed herself into the dress and it was really looked beautiful at her made him stunned for a second, then realized himself. He greeted Hyeonmu friendly and Sooyoung, then went to Yejin.

“Look prepared,” he commented and Yejin looked to him.

“Yeah,” she said lightly. Then, she inspected the look he had this day. Just like she had told him to, that outfit he wore, really looked good on him. “Thanks for coming here prepared,” she said and he just smiled.

Then, Yejin briefed her team about the whole event. Hyeonmu added words in last and they all got ready for the competition. The MC would ask the competitors to come out from stage and presented their works. Yejin said that Soohyuk just needed to do pose, well, she wanted the pose to be accordingly with her book and Soohyuk understood that. “I can do that,” he said. “Just recall from the book.”

The briefing was finished and minutes later the event would be started. Sooyoung was already outside in her designated place of the book display, with Hyeonmu. Yejin was in the waiting room with Soohyuk, sat down and waited.

“Oh yeah,” Yejin remembered something and took something out from her bag. “Soohyuk-a,” she called him and he looked at her. “Here,” she said and offered him her book with him in the cover.

He looked impressed. “Wow, thanks,” he said. It was not wrapped like the other 100 books he had seen. “Can I see inside?” he said and she rolled her eyes, meaning that he didn’t need to ask for her permission.

“It’s your book,” she said and he immediately opened the books and saw what was inside. “Look at every picture on the chapter,” she told him and he did it. Wow, he impressed, nodded his head. There was a solo picture of him, her, and their couple photos. Well, this could be a memory for him.

“Thanks,” he said and they went silent again, waiting for their turn. Yejin played with her phone and Soohyuk looked at her. He wanted to talk something with her. Anything. “Yejin-a,” he called her and she looked at him.

“What?” she asked back, curious.

He just smiled and that made Yejin more curious. “Are you nervous?” he started to randomly asked. She slowly responded him by shaking her head. “Really?”

Her expression told her that she was unsure of it herself. “Well… I don’t know. I got nervous when my turn is closer,” she explained. “How about you?” she asked back to break the ice.

“Well, for a second,” he answered shortly.

“Oh, so you’re naturally a confident person?”

“You can say it like that,” he said and teasingly smiled and she just chuckled. He was surprised. “Oh, Yejin-a,” he said because he was charmed. Yejin looked at him, curious. “You should laugh more with me,” he said that out of nowhere but it made Yejin nervous again.

“Ha,” she responded and forced a chuckle. He smiled and chuckled back at her, meanwhile she didn’t know how to react. “I saw you know a lot of people here,” she randomly brought another topic.

He smirked. “Yeah, my colleagues,” he answered shortly. Yejin looked curious.

“Colleagues? All of them?” she asked, didn’t believe it, the fact that the other writer used models too.

“Yeah, mostly,” he said and she clicked her tongue. “Well, even if I don’t know some, I know they are models as well.”

“How do you know?” she asked. “From their walking?” she randomly guessed.

“That’s not mostly, but from their style, height and vibe, it’s just obvious for me,” he explained. “Maybe because I spend a lot of years in modeling so I know them better,” he told her and she nodded, understood.

She looked at the clock on the table and there was still a lot of time left for them. She sighed, tired of waiting but she couldn’t go outside. Soohyuk saw her and guessed she must be bored. “I’m tired,” she sighed and complained.

Soohyuk just smiled seeing her bored expression. Yejin then glared at him and he acted like why she blamed him.

She suddenly chuckled. “Nothing, just bored,” she answered randomly and Soohyuk was surprised and widened his eyes, but at the same time he laughed. He just knew that she could be so random.

“What is that?” he laughed and she laughed a little. “I’m afraid if you’re getting more random, you know,” Soohyuk commented and she glared at him.

“Like you’re not random yourself,” she fought him back.

He was flustered, didn’t accept the fact that she just said that. “When? I’m not that random,” he said back. She, then, took a minute to think. “Look, you can’t even answer it,” he stated the fact and she just pouted . Then, a moment on his house came to her mind. She was surprised and shook her head which Soohyuk found it weird

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter