The Stare

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a month since Yejin didn’t see Soohyuk. Yeongkwang sometimes told her about him because he merely didn’t know what happened between them. Until now, Yeongkwang still didn’t know exactly what happened and he didn’t find anything strange because Soohyuk kept his poker-face when Yeongkwang was telling about her to him and Yejin didn’t give her response like usual when talking about Soohyuk.

Sooyoung also noticed that Yeongkwang didn’t know about the problem because she eavesdropped when he was talking about Soohyuk and she always led him to talk another topic. Recently Yeongkwang came to see Yejin because he had no busy schedules and he hadn’t see Sooyoung and Hyeonmu in a long time.

“There’ll be a next fashion week in Dongdaemun Plaza,” Yeongkwang said. Sooyoung and him were in Yejin’s office. As usual, Yejin was typing another chapter and Sooyoung talked with him. “Make sure you guys come,” Yeongkwang continued. “It’ll be opened for public.”

“Open for public?” Sooyoung exclaimed to the statement before. She widened her eyes. “Really?” she asked once again and Yeongkwang nodded. “Wow!” just by reaction, she was already excited. Yeongkwang was used to see Sooyoung like this. It was not a rare thing. He could just chuckle about it. “I think a lot of people will come, seeing their favorite models.”

“I’ll give you guys a backstage pass,” Yeongkwang said and Sooyoung’s jaw was dropped. Yeongkwang chuckled seeing her like that. “Really.”

Yejin slightly looked at him and shook her head, then back to her activity once agian. She didn’t want to go to the backstage. It was better if he didn’t give them any, or just gave it to Sooyoung since she could browse handsome models there.

Then Sooyoung remembered about Yejin’s problem and went silent right away. Yeongkwang was confused why her mood was suddenly changed. She realized that Yeongkwang was looking at her and smiled right away. “I think it will be great!” she randomly commented, loud. Yejin clicked her tongue listening to Sooyoung’s word. Sorry, eonnie.

“But why did you put that face earlier?” Yeongkwang randomly asked. He chuckled, “It’s not like you.”

“Afraid that Hyeonmu oppa will be jealous,” she whispered to Yeongkwang and he understood that the relationship between them was changing. He chuckled and patted her head.

“Anyway, I’ll give the pass no matter what,” Yeongkwang promised. “So, make sure you’ll come,” he said toward Sooyoung. Then he looked at Yejin, “You too. My friends are curious about you,” he warned Yejin and Yejin looked at him surprisingly.

“What do you mean?” Yejin grew panicking inside. She was afraid that his circle already knew about her too well because of one person that was definitely not Yeongkwang.

“Jonghyun, Woobin, and Sung Joon want to meet you,” Yeongkwang answered lightly and Sooyoung carefully looked at Yejin and tried to observe her expression.

Yejin raised her eyebrows, felt unbelievable about what she just listened. She wanted to mad at him but she couldn’t because there was no logical reason to do that. “Why?”

“Why?” Yeongkwang repeated what she said. “People want to meet you, is that wrong?” he began to nag at her again. “They just want to meet,” he said as a reason while actually they wanted to meet Yejin personally to see what personalities she had so that Soohyuk fell to her.

Yejin went silent and continued on working. Her heart became nervous and that made her lose her focus. She stopped typing and Sooyoung saw Yejin was still surprised about what she listened earlier. If Yeongkwang oppa knows, Sooyong thought, she bet it wouldn’t go like this.

“When will it be held?” Sooyoung asked. Yejin then focused to both of them who were talking in front of her and sitting on the couch.

“One sure thing is next month, since there’ll be new collection of Fall season,” he explained. “And the date… I will inform you guys later,” he said. Yejin sighed silently without them noticing. Days became harder listening people talked about Soohyuk and that made her thinking about him more and more. She couldn’t stop it.

When she went eating in the fast food restaurant, some bunch of girls students were talking about him, then she reminded about the kiss, she grew nervous and couldn’t calm her own heart, then she left the place with a nervous heart. This was not healthy and she didn’t know why she behaved like this. If she didn’t like him, she could just make the thoughts go away. I don’t like him, no, I don’t love him either.

But since of what happened the other night, she couldn’t just forget about him. That thought liked to come once in a while in her mind. The more she tried, the more that thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter