The After Effect

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yejin was zoning out and Sooyoung found it strange for her to do that a lot these days. Yejin was not the type who liked to zone out and see things blankly. If she was being like that for a long moment, then something bad or concerning her must be happened. Sooyoung wondered if she was like that because of that one male model.

The writer had no idea to write and even didn’t move from her seat. Didn’t her bottom feel any pain at all? Sooyoung shook her head seeing Yejin like that. Hyeonmu kept asking her what happened with Yejin but Sooyoung didn’t even know about it and somehow Hyeonmu was so talk-active and it bothered her.

“Can’t you stop asking?” Sooyoung said that annoyingly, hit her desk with the palm of her hand. Hyeonmu sat in front of her calmly while checking his camera out. “I don’t know, so stop asking!” she said and got back to her activity, browsing the internet.

“I’m just asking. It’s understandable for people to ask if they don’t understand,” Hyeonmu answered lightly and Sooyoung sighed, bothered enough.

“What’s with you oppa? You’re so annoying this time!” she complained and stood up, decided to go outside and got away from him. But he stood up and halted her. She glared at him. “Don’t bother me!” she said. Hyeonmu then smiled innocently and Sooyoung clicked her tongue, went back to her seat.

She looked at Yejin again from the window. She was certain that her voice was loud enough but Yejin didn’t hear it at all? Even though the door was opened. It was strange. Really strange.

Days later, Yejin got a call from her editor. Sooyoung was in Yejin’s office, organizing documents and cleaned the coffee table because Yejin didn’t clean it these days. Sooyoung found this strange also because Yejin was the type of person who liked to keep all things clean.

“What’s with the scenario?!” Sooyoung was surprised as she heard the editor was angry at Yejin by phone. Even his voice was just by phone, it was heard so well. It was either he was yelling or the phone system was like that. Sooyoung carefully saw Yejin.

As she saw yesterday, Yejin’s expression was blank. “What’s with you?! What is this chapter?! There should be happiness but you put a sadness on this chapter?! Are you crazy or what?!” Yejin heard all things her editor said and just blankly stared at nothing. Sooyoung widened her eyes hearing that ‘crazy’ word. What’s this? Sooyoung asked. She rarely heard the editor yelled like this. Something must be wrong.

“Anyway, I want you to rewrite this. C’mon, the deadline is near,” the editor said in a calmer words and Yejin slowly put her phone away. Sooyoung went to her carefully.

“What’s up, eonnie?” she asked. “I heard the tone was… whoa,” she carefully commented but she saw no reaction or expression from Yejin’s face. Hm, Sooyoung thought.

“Yeah, I did bad on the latest chapter,” she answered lightly but her eyes still stared blankly. “I should do my best,” she said and looked to her computer but she couldn’t focus.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter