The Work & The Special Guest

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All the photos were already taken and it was time for Hyeonmu’s work in making the cover and adding each of the photos for each chapter. He carefully chose the best photos and dragged it into the layout. Yejin and Sooyoung had a call with the book editor and chose a date to have a fan-signing. They decided to do it after the competition.

After that, Yejin checked the deadline of the competition again. She sighed. She remembered she had to contact Soohyuk again and told him to come at the competition day. The presence of the model was essential, but she asked Sooyoung to do it and Sooyoung just did what she told to.

Hyeonmu finished at 5pm and he went to print the book with Yejin accompanied him, made sure the printing process was going well. “Hope this is going well,” Hyeonmu said in the car while wearing his seatbelt. Hyeonmu drove. Yejin just nodded at him. “I don’t know what’s happen between you and him, but we owe him a lot,” he said and Yejin just stayed silent.

Arrived at the print shop, Hyeonmu transferred the document and the staff said it would be done by next week for 100 books. Since they were the loyal customers, the print shop did their request as fast as possible. Yejin would pay for it on next week, as always. She wanted to see the output first so she could pay them.

They got back to the office and Sooyoung was already gone, she left them notes that she went home early. “I need to go home too,” Hyeonmu said reading her notes and Yejin did the same. They packed their things and at the same time left the office.

“Have a nice rest, Hyeonmu-ya,” Sooyoung said and Hyeonmu raised his right hand to her, signing goodbye. She got into her car and Hyeonmu already signed out. He drove fast and she drove back to her home.

It was tiring for her this day. Bickering with Soohyuk was tiring her, plus that pose they took earlier it was tiring. Really tiring for her. She put her bag harsh on her bed and she laid down herself on her bag. Then a notification came to her phone. She grunted. She was too lazy to look at her phone. Yejin sighed. She decided to take a shower and browsed the internet to relief her stress.

She did what she wanted and she didn’t touch her phone at all. Yejin didn’t care right then if it was important or not, she just wanted to have a rest and took care of her problems tomorrow.

She her laptop. Browsed the internet and she didn’t even touch her work either. It was fun browsing on the internet, sometimes she read the celebrity article and watch music videos or movies. Then a chat popped on her screen. She was surprised. Did she forget to log out? And when she checked, yeah she did. She sighed and she already clicked on the chat as well.

Who is it? She saw the sender and it was his name again. She grunted and put her head on the desk. Better I close the chat, and she did what she wanted to even though she read it. He just said, “What are you doing?” but she didn’t answer.

Soohyuk was in his office and chatted her from his phone. She read it but she didn’t give any answer and he just sighed. Yeongkwang, who took a cup of coffee, looked at him sighing and went to him. “How’s working with Yejin?” he stood beside him and asked. Soohyuk put his phone into the pocket.

He looked to Yeongkwang, “It was fun. Today the whole shooting is done,” he told him and Yeongkwang just nodded.

“Really?” Yeongkwang confirmed again and Soohyuk smiled, nodded. “I never thought you would say that,” he said and sipped his coffee.

“Why?” Soohyuk asked back to him.

“Because she avoids… you know… people in our industry for Sooyoung to not making any ruckus,” he simply explained.

“Well, gladly Sooyoung doesn’t do that kind of thing,” Soohyuk answered. “She is normal,” he continued and Yeongkwang nodded, understood. Then, Soohyuk began to think the reason why Yejin was so mean to him. Did she hate him? If yes, that was unbelievable too. Just a simple matter but she talked harshly to him so much. Weird. “Does she hate people like us?” he asked again and Yeongkwang confused.

Outside of his expectation, Yeongkwang just chuckled. “If she hates people like us, then she hates me too,” he answered lightly and what he said was logical. That made Soohyuk more curious about her.

Days were going peacefully and normal as well. Yejin hadn’t replied Soohyuk chat from last week yet and this week she anticipated to see the book, fresh from the oven.

Soohyuk was a bit sulky that Yejin didn’t reply his chat for days. He was waiting it but she behaved like that toward him. Maybe I should give her a threat, he thought of the latest threat given to her and smirked. His joking skills were up again.

Yejin was typing her new book, her inspiration was flowing like a river right now and it couldn’t be held. Once she got an idea for the new plot, she directly typed it down so the idea wouldn’t run away. Sooyoung saw Yejin was in a good mood, it was rare to see it. Meanwhile Hyeonmu was out, doing another photography job.

Then, Sooyoung got a message from Soohyuk told her that Yejin hadn’t replied his message yet. He even added to Sooyoung that it was important. Sooyoung began to feel nervous. She didn’t know how to tell it to her. Yejin eonnie probably hates it, she thought. And Yejin might think that Sooyoung bothered her.

What should I reply to him? She wondered. Sooyoung decided to randomly replied, “Oh she’s busy for making the next book,” but she didn’t lie.

Soohyuk read the chat from Sooyoung and looked at her reply, he sighed. He didn’t know how to disturb her. Well, okay then, maybe I should just threat her. Soohyuk opened the chat with Yejin and began typing, “Thank you for not replying my chat, miss.” He sent a mad sticker also.

Yejin was in the middle of her work and his chat popped up again. She sighed. “What do you want?” she said lowly and opened his chat. She read it and just smirked. She closed it again.

Soohyuk saw with his own eyes that the “read” notifications just popped up beside his bar. She doesn’t reply it again?! He was surprised. “Okay, then, if that’s what you want,” he said and smirked. Bad things popped in his mind. “I better sue you if you’re going like this,” he typed it and sent it.

Yejin was furious when she read the last chat from him. She stopped what she was doing and grunted. “What do you want?!” she typed back in caps lock and he chuckled happily reading it. The others in his office just saw him like that and shook their heads while laughing at him.

“I just want your reply,” he replied back.

Yejin sighed. “Then, don’t disturb me while I’m working,” she typed. “I already replied you by the way. Don’t disturb me today,” she sent it and Soohyuk sighed because his threat didn’t work.

“Eonnie,” she showed her head after knocked Yejin’s office. “I’m gonna go out for a while. You want something… maybe?” she asked and Yejin suddenly nodded.

“Black-pepper burger,” she said. “And fries, as usual,” she ordered it happily and Sooyoung smiled because Yejin was in a good mood. She might type all day in front of the computer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter