Once and For All

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days after that, she asked her editor for a rest and he didn’t easily allowed her at the first time but Sooyoung managed to do that so Yejin could rest. She didn’t know what happened exactly with Yejin since she requested for a ‘day-off’, but Sooyoung wanted to help her.

Yeongkwang oppa kept asking her, chatted her how it went with Soohyuk but she didn’t answer. She didn’t even read his chat. She just let it go. Glad that Yeongkwang didn’t come to her house directly because of his schedule.

Hyeonmu used the office nowadays and sometimes Sooyoung came just to take care of fan letters, but Yejin didn’t come at all. As they thought of it, it was already a week for Yejin didn’t come to the office. Sooyoung wanted to think positive that maybe Yejin did her work in the house. That could be possible as well.

In those days, Yejin secluded herself within the outside because she just wanted to be calm for days. After a week, she decided to show up in the office and did her job as usual. She didn’t want to search about Soohyuk for a while. If she succeeded in not searching him for a long time, she thought maybe that would be great to calm her heart.

Sooyoung thought that Yejin avoided him was too much. At certain time, she thought that Yejin had to face him. It had been three months since the kissing and it was too childish for Yejin to be like this, avoiding herself and somewhat it was not Yejin who easily went for a challenge.

At the day Yejin showed up to the office, Sooyoung was not there and Hyeonmu got the door for her. He was surprised but hugged her friendlily, patted her back. “You’re doing good?” he asked and she smiled, nodded. He smiled, glad that his friend and colleague at the same time felt better.

“And I should work,” Yejin said and she went straight to her working space. In those seven days, she didn’t even touch her script. She didn’t want to touch it, but in those days she found her inspiration to make a poet. She suddenly fell into the charms of poetry, a literary that some could understand about it.

For a week Yejin and Soohyuk didn’t meet each other and Yeongkwang didn’t tell anything about him to her. One more thing that she didn’t search about Soohyuk anymore on the web, she decided to forget him for a little while and she did it because her new upcoming novel was taking her mind completely. But Sooyoung kept thinking that something was not right since they didn’t solve it right.

Yejin was taking a bit rest by browsing the internet. She was searching for the headlines and got many important news. She enjoyed herself clicking here and there and reading the articles. She was so confident that she would not see Soohyuk related news.

But then, as she read a business article, the picture was adverted her eyes and she was surprised, suddenly became nervous as she found his picture on the left side with the title under it. Yejin decided to focus on the one she read but she couldn’t because her nervousness was taking her and she was more curious on his news. This is bad. She hastened in reading it, the result she didn’t get any good news either.

Yejin gave up. She scrolled her mouse up and stopped when she saw his picture again. Should I open it or not? She was thinking. Yejin took a long time in thinking it, but then she decided to open it. Just this one time, she made a determination that she would not search his related articles after this. She clicked the title and his news was opened.

She felt nervous, even she was just reading it. As she saw his picture, she was nervous too. That made her remember what happened on the Dongdaemun Plaza where she couldn’t give him the right answer, when she avoided him too much. When she thought of it, she thought herself was a coward. Tsk, she wished to be braver in just explaining all things to him.

The article was about his upcoming drama and he got casted. Good for him, she thought, at the same time congratulated him inside even he and the others didn’t know about it. Then without her consciousness, she clicked more of his articles then began searching for his pictures.

As she searched for him too much, she realized that she shouldn’t do this. I feel like being a stalker, she sighed. Looking at his smiling photos to the press and the photos on some magazines made her missed him. No! she realized and shook her head strong, in the mean of getting the thought of him away. But she sighed and put her head down against the desk. She couldn’t forget him and she felt pathetic. She missed him.

“Eonnie!” Sooyoung called and went into her room without giving a notice. Yejin was surprised and straightened her position, closed the browser right away. Sooyoung saw all of that and looked strangely at her. “What are you doing?” she asked instinctively.

“Nothing!” Yejin answered quickly. “What’s up?” she asked Sooyoung back and Sooyoung looked at her normally.

“You said you want to meet the editor,” Sooyoung reminded her. “He’s calling me,” she said and Yejin remembered. How could she forget about that? Maybe she was too immersed with searching for him. She stood up and quickly packed her things to her bag. “Don’t forget your phone.”

“Oh yeah,” Yejin remembered and put her phone into her bag. Sooyoung just shook her head seeing her hastened like this. Sooyoung stood up by the door and watched Yejin prepared everything and even walked out of the room. “Take care, eonnie!” she said and Yejin just raised her right hand without looking at Sooyoung. She went outside.

Then Sooyoung took a look on Yejin’s computer. Something is strange, she thought and her curiosity to see what she was searching was growing bigger. She was really, really curious! The fact that Yejin hid something from her. Because Yejin didn’t usually like this, but this time she was strange.

Sooyoung courageously walked to her computer since Yejin was already outside anyway and she sat down in front of it. Let’s see. Sooyoung began her inspection and looked at the browser right away since Yejin had done that before she went.

As she saw what Yejin had seen, Sooyoung was surprised and her jaw was dropped since she found Soohyuk pictures and another tab was about him too. Why did she search for him? Sooyoung wondered and her inspection went deeper and longer. This is not kidding, she thought as she shook her head seeing how many things Yejin had opened just to search about Soohyuk.

Then Sooyoung looked at the history. As she guessed, Yejin didn’t search for him once, but many times. So, this is what she’s hiding, Sooyoung kind of guess the whole puzzle. She doesn’t hate him, she is just confused. Why don’t you just accept your feelings, eonnie?

Sooyoung and Hyeonmu went outside at night. The time was approximately 11pm but still the night life was lively. They decided to eat in the night market, there was a barbeque restaurant still opening there. Sooyoung linked arms with Hyeonmu and they walked casually to the restaurant.

They went inside and the restaurant was packed. Glad that it had two seats left. Hyeonmu led the way to the seat and minutes later they were seated, right away ordered what they wanted to eat. “Finally we have time to do this,” Hyeonmu said and Sooyoung just smiled. “How was it going with the editor this day?” he asked.

She raised her shoulders. “I don’t know. Yejin eonnie didn’t tell me anything about it. When she got back, she typed another chapter right away,” she said and Hyeonmu just nodded. Their food came longer so the waiter gave them drinks first. “Thank you,” Sooyoung said to the middle-age woman.

“How is she going with Soohyuk?” Hyeonmu asked and Sooyoung raised her shoulders again.

“I think they don’t solve it yet,” she thought and Hyeonmu nodded, understood. “What do you think oppa?” she asked him back as she looked at him and sipped her drink at the same time.

Hyeonmu looked at her. “I think so too,” he said. “It’s obvious that she’s avoiding him,” he said and Sooyoung agreed with this one hundred percent. “How long will she hide from it? She can’t hide forever,” he commented.

“Yeah,” she said and their food came. “Let’s eat,” she said and they dug in while talking too.

They were done an hour later after she wanted to go home. Hyeonmu just followed what she wanted and Hyeonmu paid their bills. They was about to go outside until a man called her name. “Sooyoung-a,” he said. Both Sooyoung and Hyeonmu looked at him right away and they found Soohyuk was in front of them. Sooyoung slightly bowed her head to him and Hyeonmu friendly greeted him. “Hi! I haven’t seen you guys on the plaza last week,” he said.

“Yeah, we didn’t see you either, Soohyuk-a,” Hyeonmu said. “We were in the hall but you weren’t there.”

“Oh,” he remembered that stuffy place. “That was too crowded and small. I was in the waiting room with Yeongkwang hyung and others,” he explained and looked at both of them. “You guys already ate?” he asked, Sooyoung nodded.

“Yeah, we finally ate the barbeque here,” Hyeonmu said. “It was hard to find time to eat these,” he said and Soohyuk chuckled. Hyeonmu then put his arm around her shoulder. “Okay, then, I’ll think we’ll see you later,” he said and coolly handshake with Soohyuk.

“Okay,” he said and they parted ways but then Soohyuk remembered a thing. “Sooyoung-a!” Soohyuk called for Sooyoung again and Sooyoung exchanged glances with Hyeonmu, why Soohyuk called her. Hyeonmu and Sooyoung both turned back to see him.

“I think it’s important,” Hyeonmu whispered to her and she thought the same as Soohyuk went to them.

“I need to talk for Sooyoung a second, is that okay?” Soohyuk asked for Hyeonmu’s permission and Hyeonmu coolly permitted it right away. Then Sooyoung went to talk with Soohyuk and Hyeonmu waited her outside.

“What is it, oppa?” she asked. She observed his expression, he kind of not sure to ask this but since Sooyoung was the person who knew about Yejin.

After he thought for a minute, he finally asked it. “I’m about to ask you about Yejin.”

Right, Sooyoung guessed right away before he said it. She knew about it. “Okay, shoot it,” she said.

“Does she hate me?” he asked and Sooyoung was kind of flustered a bit to receive this kind of question.

“No, she’s not,” she answered right away and that answer seemed surprising him since Sooyoung saw Soohyuk didn’t believe what she had said. “Believe me, oppa, she doesn’t hate you at all,” she said.

“Then, why d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter