Epilogue

The Princess And The Pea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EPILOGUE

 

Seasons of Love

 

The girl was sitting alone on one of the benches overlooking the open field. She was staring blankly at her phone. He couldn’t be mistaken, it was her and she was sitting there— where she would always wait for him.

 

He suddenly felt like seven again as he clutched the lollipop on his palm.

 

“Still waiting for your ride home?” He stretched his arm out and opened his palm.

 

She stared intently at the lollipop before finally looking up at the man in front of her. He was smiling at her with the same innocence as before—it was more than fifteen years, wasn’t it?

 

But she felt six again.

 

“Oppa…” Euna finally said as she took the lollipop.

 

“I’m glad you still remember me…” Daehan took his place beside her as they both stared at the open soccer field. A little boy looked at their direction and she waved at him. He smiled and noticed that she was just holding on to her treat so he took it again and unwrapped it. Handing it back to her, he noticed that she didn’t take her eyes off him. Euna must have been convincing herself that it was really him.

 

Daehan smiled when she noticed that she was actually gaping. Euna looked different somehow. He remembered his girl to be sassy and outgoing. But this one— she is a lady. Then again, it was Euna, his Euna. Her long hair, her big bright smiling eyes. He coughed pushing those thoughts off his mind then asked, “Your brother?”

 

“Yeah,” she smiled staring at the lollipop for a second then took a small taste. It was too sweet for her now, but, “You’re here for vacation?”

 

“No, here for good,” he could tell that Euna smiled. Suddenly her phone rang.

 

“Umma, yes. I’m still waiting for Yongji. Haneul has org meeting this morning and Yongjoo,” she sighed remembering their rascal of a brother, “You know that kid. He’s with his friends again. I got the tickets already. Yep… we will see you both on Monday. Yes, mom. I love you too, and appa…” she closed her phone and smiled at him, “My mom.”

 

“Is she the one?” Daehan could not help but notice how beautiful she really has grown.

 

“Yes, I managed to get them together,” she smirked proudly.

 

He looked at the little boy with that familiar gentle features in the middle of the field, “So you got your brother?”

 

Euna laughed softly, “I’ve got two of them. Plus a sister.”

 

“Wow, your parents did spoil you rotten,” he smiled when she laughed out loud. “I’m happy for you. She’s really a great woman, as far as I can remember. Does she still smile that way?” If he could have his way, he would have asked her to smile again. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter