Stages of Love

The Princess And The Pea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 33. Stages of Love

 

Yonghwa drove to their house the next morning and was ushered on the receiving area. He frowned the moment she appeared in the room with her bright smile and her terribly short dress. Although he couldn’t help but admire the little number she was on, he just had to say something, “You’re going to work in that?”

 

She raised a brow as he continued to inspect her. If this kind of scrutiny would happen now that they’re in a relationship, then they would be in on a lot of silly arguments because she would definitely not put up with it. Joohyun sighed because, somehow, she liked the idea. Gathering her hair behind her, she did a quick up do and asked her sole audience innocently, “What’s wrong? I stay most of the time inside my office in the gallery so this is okay…”

 

“How about this afternoon? In our office…”

 

“Who said I’m going to the office later?” She eyed him with mischief especially since the frown seemed to get stuck there most especially after what she said.

 

“What are you talking about?” Yonghwa stood and walked over to where she was standing.

 

She put her hands on his shoulders and grinned, “You’re little girl called me this morning and asked me if I could pick her up after school,” she winked. “Apparently, she has something very very important to tell me.”

 

Yonghwa finally laughed, “So she really took me seriously last night?”

 

After Yonghwa recounted last night’s conversation with Euna, she felt a little guilty since she couldn’t bear to think the emotional rollercoaster her baby was probably having. She sighed, “Hmmm… maybe she’s worried that you’re dating someone else…”

 

“What if I date somebody else?” A flash of teasing grin curved on his lips especially when Joohyun was already narrowing her gaze at him, “What would you do?”

 

Joohyun slipped her hands off his shoulder, “Well… I don’t care… date whoever you like…”

 

She walked away and took her bag that was resting on the chair while he chuckled in amusement. Seeing that jealousy first-hand was a refreshing scene. Yonghwa checked if the coast was clear before slipping his arms around her waist then rested his chin on her shoulder, “Someone’s jealous…”

 

“Me? Jealous?” She pushed his hands away and took a few steps back before she spun giving him a sarcastic sneer, “Do you really think so highly of yourself that way? There are a lot of men out there—“

 

“Aish! Let’s not talk about those other men!” He groaned recalling the phone call he got the night before and the meeting that was set.

 

She almost laughed seeing that sudden outburst; it really felt nice turning the tables on him. As much as she wanted to savor this moment of him looking like a green-eyed monster, she still preferred the cheeky Director Jung she created. With that thought in mind, she closed the gap between them then dropped her hands on his shoulders once more, “You know what? Lately, I’m loving this you…”

 

“I know that,” he nodded with that cocky smirk.

 

Joohyun tried not to laugh but she couldn’t as she pushed him slightly while declaring, “You’re really too full of yourself, aren’t you?”

 

Yonghwa tugged her back none so gently that her chest hit his hard ones. The sensation they both felt made the large expanse of the room seem smaller. He knew where they were and the possibility of someone walking in on them while they were this close was huge so he took a step back but not without giving her a playful smirk, “You made me who I am, I guess… so my thanks to you…”

 

“I am your keeper now for I have tamed you like the little prince did to the fox,” she whispered softly. No matter how cheesy that definitely sounded, she’d probably claim that over and over again. And if Yonghwa would not take advantage of this moment, she would. Leaning closer as she tiptoed, Joohyun kissed him softly which he eagerly met with the same amount of passion.

 

When their kiss ended, he traced the seams of her lips and smiled, “Why do I feel like I’m the fox…?”

 

“Because you are…” she grinned taking his hand then kissed him again.

 

The chairman was about to make his way to the veranda for his breakfast when a sight caught his attention at the opposite wing of his estate. A smile formed on his thinning lips watching his daughter and his young executive share a morning kiss. It was sweet scene that his wife would have had a gush of delight if she was here beside him.

 

Now, their daughter found someone to take care of her.

 

For other parents it would probably not that endearing sight since it was their little girl, but for him, he wanted Joohyun to find the love of her life this early so that they will have longer days with the rest of their lives together. He didn’t have that with his own love, at least his children would.

 

Chairman Seo walked away with a contented smile. He didn’t even have to start his plans.

 

~~~

 

Euna was looking back and forth at the coo-coo clock on the wall. Time seemed to drag so slowly especially when there’s something really important for her to do. Five more minutes, she glanced outside her window and looked at the waiting parents outside. Her heart thumped when she saw her mommy talking to someone’s mom outside! Wow! She really looked like she belonged there. But her smile faded when she remembered why her mommy was there.

 

Now she was practicing what she was going to tell her, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter