Tag!

The Princess And The Pea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3. Tag!

 

She stared at the documents before her and smiled to herself thinking how he makes everything perfect already, no flaws for her to settle. Sometimes she feels so useless around Changmin but she can’t blame him because she allowed herself to be babied all those years that she decided to be with him. She still feels guilty leaving her dad before just to make sure that her oppa will not feel alienated again. But now she is determined to make everything right—her little mission for coming back home.

 

She finished what was left and settled on the thought that it was the perfect time to parade herself in her dad’s company. Joohyun stood pondering in front of the open closet she had set up inside her office. She was perfectly dressed for business but she felt like dressing like a girly-girl for her appa; besides that was who she is— daddy’s girl. She smiled pulling out a blue dress with little patches of yellow flowers.

 

Joohyun counted exactly five years since she left and it was her dad who visited her from time to time. He did not argue because he knew the real reason when she barged in to his bedroom one night and told him that she decided to continue her studies in the US. Someone needed her and she is the only one he knew who was left to him since his mother died that same year. She just had to be with her Changmin Oppa.

 

For five years they build their worlds around each other—he started handling the art gallery businesses his mom left while Joohyun kept up with her own education. Just a year before they came back to Seoul, she convinced him to open a gallery and promised him that she will help him out. He could not resist her persistence so he could do nothing but agree.

 

She drove off to her dad’s office planning her surprise visit and buying him breakfast since she was sure that he did not take any before leaving the house. The familiar air welcomed her except for some physical changes that were new to her eyes. She was rather not ‘properly dressed’ as she met men and woman in their business attire while she was wearing her very casual mini-dress.

 

She walked carefully yet confidently fully aware of the attention she has been getting and giving a subtle smile to anyone curious enough to meet her eyes. Joohyun had always been aware of her effect to people— she glows and she knows that. Her strong features somehow give off a feel that she’s intimidating but when she smiles, her softness shows. Most of the time, she could easily capture a man’s attention and she wasn’t really shy about that, even confident by the attention she got. But just like what her oppa always says, she’s all but tease— just give them a small gesture of interest then blow them off when they get too close to comfort.

 

~~~

 

Employees bowed to him as he walked inside the building but he was more puzzled with the buzzing murmurs and eyes that were zeroing to one direction. For a while, he thought they were talking about and looking at him but realized otherwise. Yonghwa decided that it won’t hurt if he would take a look for himself just to satisfy his curiosity.  When he turned however, he made an abrupt stop when he found himself bumping into a woman. He bowed and said his apologies without looking at her and when he finally did, he seemed not prepared for the smile that was directed to him.

 

“Next time learn to slow down a bit…”

 

If Yonghwa was not mistaken, the woman just winked at him. He was pasted on the ground stupefied for a minute then decided to move on. The woman in front of him glided— yes, she glided across the hallway and he shook the thoughts that she looked familiar. She didn’t really look like someone working in the company and he could only wonder what a woman like her doing in a corporate environment like theirs. By her looks, she was better off in a shopping mall or anywhere else but here.

 

 

Luckily to distract his thoughts off her, Yonghwa met one of their lawyers along the way and they get into some business small-talk. After the conversation, he found himself in the empty lobby and made a run for the closing elevator door. Since he was called by the CEO, he needed to be in his office a few minutes before the appointment. Thanking heavens, he reached out and managed to reach the elevator door before it closed— but he came face-to-face with the very woman.

 

Without words, he graciously bowed again, turned his back on her and muttered when he could feel his chest pounding nonstop—maybe because of the run that he just did. He reached out to push the button for his floor when his fingers collided with hers.

 

“I’m sorry,” the woman spoke as she withdrew her hand, “I think we’re going on the same floor…”

 

“Y… ye…” Yonghwa only managed to mumble. What was this all speechless thing happening to him? He convinced himself that he is not claustrophobic but his sweat beaded on his forehead. He took a deep breath when they reached their destination and he made way for her.

 

“Morning…”

 

He heard her whisper again as she walked out sending wild shivers down his spine. He didn't say anything to that greeting since he was too confused to the sudden mindlessness he was into. Whoever she is, she surely took him off guard.

 

“Yeah right, good morning to me,” Yonghwa mumbled to himself.

 

~~~

 

Their teacher left them to finish their paintings by the school garden, she absentmindedly brushed the colors on the cloth in front of her then muttered when she realized the mess that she ended up making.

 

“Look at my flower,” Sarang sang beside her, “What color do you think I should put for the rest of the petals?”

 

“Petals should have the same color since they are on the same flower, you dummy!” Euna scolded her friend; sometimes she can’t understand her simplemindedness.

 

“But this is my flower!” She snapped, “Besides it looks better than your lines there… I can’t even understand what you’re making, you dummy!”

 

Since Euna realized that her future mommy is really working at that art gallery, she might as well study about paintings so that they will have something to talk about when they finally meet. She spent one night using her appa’s computer to watch videos of paintings on Youtube and her halmeoni helped her type. She was even plotting a good excuse for her daddy to let her go to an arts academy. Although it would be hard for her but she decided to give up dance academy, anyway she’s good at it already. “Hmmm… do you know anything about abstract painting?” She smiled proudly.

 

“Whatever, Jung Euna…” Sarang rolled her eyes.

 

Euna just shrugged and ignored her friend’s stupid flower. But she loves Sarang even though they always fight like that— fighting over their own beliefs, and she knows her friend loves her too. Sarang is her bestest-best-friend in the whole universe.

 

Then, she thought of her future mommy again; she was really worried. How can she let them meet knowing that her appa is very suspicious of her already? She knows that she can’t just tell him that she wants to go to the art gallery. Euna thought and thought until she realized that maybe she can tell him that she really needs to go back to the Art Gallery because they need to for school! She smiled, at last she made up a new plan.

 

She silently savored the thought that her dad would finally be happy.

 

~~~

 

Joohyun congratulated herself for causing that handsome fellow to hyperventilate. The moment she saw him, she thought how serious he looked and she just loved the thought that she made that poor guy’s day a little bit better. Shoving the thoughts of that person off her head, she allowed her appa’s secretary to her in his office and he was beaming widely when she saw him behind his desk.

 

“Should I be nervous seeing you here?”

 

“Aish, Appa! Don’t give me that…” she gave him a glare then walked over to him, “I’m here to buy you breakfast…”

 

“Oh no… I really should be nervous…” Chairman Seo chuckled as she dropped a kiss on his cheek. He sighed and whispered when Joohyun sat on the edge of his large table then stood, “What have I done to deserve a princess?”

 

“Hmmm…. you married my mom?” She winked then tugged on his arm, “Come on, appa… hurry before I change my mind…”

 

He laughed when she grumbled some more, “Fine, but wait for a moment, I need to talk to one of the directors.”

 

Joohyun slid off the table and and started making her way towards the adjacent door, “Okay, I’ll go freshen up first.”

 

When the door to the restroom locked close, he pressed the intercom, “Miss Han, tell Director Jung I need to talk to him now.”

 

Yonghwa entered the room and noticed the gentle smile the old man was wearing. He looked happy today and it was probably good since he knew he was called because of an account he was personally handling. The Chairman has been a very constant reminder of his achievements in the company since he started right after graduating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter