Score Card

The Princess And The Pea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 5. Score Card

 

Yonghwa fidgeted on his seat. When Euna is doing some mischief, she’s usually very quiet and the analogy led him to believe that the woman he suddenly loathe has something up her sleeves. Quietly, he leaned closer so he could see the display on her tablet. Since their Japanese client was still discussing something, Yonghwa should probably think that she was taking notes but something in his brain was not agreeing to that idea. He groaned when he realized how right he was— there was nothing but a jumbled combination of letters and punctuations on her screen. Nudging her gently, he gave her a side-eye and mouthed carefully, “What the hell are you doing?”

 

The woman only gave him a baffled look like the one Euna would pull when she would act innocent. He coughed and nodded when their oblivious client asked for his confirmation.

 

Much to his surprise, Joohyun placed her tablet back in her bag and smiled graciously. “Excuse me, gentlemen. I need to go to the powder room.”

 

As simple as that, Yonghwa watched her walk away like they were just in a social call instead of a business transaction. Thankfully, Mr. Takayumo didn’t seem to mind her leave but Yonghwa could not decide whether he liked the idea of not having her there even for one minute or be fuming mad for taking this meeting like a big joke.

 

Almost twenty minutes have passed. It was as if he was giving the older man his full attention but Yonghwa was constantly checking his phone and the hallway where she disappeared into. ‘What is she doing in there?’ he thought to himself. A couple of minutes more and the meeting was finished, he bowed his apologies to their guest and cursed Joohyun for apparently fleeing.

 

He took his phone and realized that he doesn’t have her number. Somehow he is worried something bad might have happened to her so he contacted his secretary to give him a call if Joohyun happened to go back to the office.

 

~~~

 

Joohyun never felt so bored in her entire life while she tried hard to keep herself awake. She went to the restroom and wet her face or else she would really fall asleep face down on the table. ‘I have your Café Americano. Grab it while it’s still hot,’ she smiled reading his message, just right to keep her awake especially this time.

 

 

She just had to love him a little bit more, if that was even possible.

 

Joohyun arrived at the gallery with a big smile and Changmin couldn’t help but laugh, “Hey kiddo, you’re here! I was just kidding about the coffee though. Aren’t you supposed to be on a meeting?”

 

“Seriously, Oppa…” she muttered dryly then grinned, “But I’m glad to be far, far away from that awful excuse for a boss.”

 

Changmin laughed again, “Your charms do not work for your boss?”

 

“Yeah right… he doesn’t know what charm means, you know.”

 

“Hmmm… let me guess,” Changmin drummed his forefinger on his chin as if in contemplation, “He is wearing these huge and thick spectacles, half-bald, bloating stomach and near retirement age.”

 

Joohyun could not help herself but burst into a mad laugh as the clear mental image flashed in her brain, “Exactly!”

 

“Seems like you’re having fun in here,” Taeyeon suddenly appeared by the doorway then pointed at her, “Hey, you should be in the office!”

 

Joohyun waved off her unnie and settled comfortably on the sofa—even stretching her legs. Taeyeon is also their business partner and Manager of the Art Gallery, not to mention their resident artist extraordinaire. She and Changmin went all the way back years ago. She sighed checking her nails, “Yes, unnie, I’m supposed to be there but I’m dying of boredom and my boss is such a big fat loser…”

 

“Seriously, Joohyun, I think you should go back,” Changmin rose and gestured for Taeyeon to take his seat, which the older woman dismissively took.

 

“Or why don’t you just call his office? Your boss might be worried,” her unnie added.

 

“Worried? I doubt it. I bet he’s basking with happiness for all I know and cared.”

 

“Hmmm, he seemed to be the typical intimidating boss…” Taeyeon contemplated.

 

“With a bulging stomach,” Changmin added almost thoughtfully.

 

Joohyun sighed. He was not all that but making fun of him somewhat made her feel a little less of a sour loser after their bouts that she obviously lost, “Let’s not talk about him, shall we?”

 

“Okay, let’s talk about why your dad punished you,” Changmin leaned on the wall and crossed his arms on his chest waiting for their youngest to reply.

 

Taeyeon nodded, “Yes, Joo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter