Catch!

The Princess And The Pea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 11. Catch!

 

Sooyoung was arranging the papers on Joohyun’s table when the latter walked in with an obvious frown. She chuckled, “Is it really you or my eyes are playing tricks on me?”

 

“It’s me, unnie,” she took her place behind her desk and heaved a deep sigh, “From now on, get used to my presence here all day…”

 

“Don’t tell me you quit your job…” Taeyeon suddenly popped in from her own office and lounged on the sofa as Sooyoung sat beside her.

 

“Something like that…”

 

The two exchanged a knowing look when the younger girl just shrugged and seemed to shuffle the folders in front of her. Sooyoung winked at the woman beside her, “Taeyeon-ssi, I thought you said Joohyun-ssi is enjoying herself over there?”

 

“Hey, you two! Have you been talking about me behind my back?” Joohyun frowned as the two acted so nonchalant about her question. She sighed shaking her head then decided to start signing some documents.

 

“So, is it because of your dad? Or because of the bald boss?”

 

“Is it really a bald boss?” Sooyoung was enjoying the expression of her younger boss and Taeyeon was as amused so she grinned, “Because I’ve heard from a close friend also working in your company that all they have are young execs…”

 

“Really now, Sooyoung?” Taeyeon glanced back at her and laughed, “So someone must be lying…”

 

“Hey, I never told you he’s bad looking,” she pouted realizing that the two were teasing her, “It was Oppa’s idea.”

 

“Well then, tell us how he looks like,” Sooyoung probed as she walked behind her and tapped her shoulders. She feels lucky having these kinds of bosses who treat her like family and that she hardly feels like being just a subordinate.

 

“Aigoo, Sooyoung,” Joohyun looked up to her other unnie, “As far as I can remember, you are too busy for the upcoming exhibit of Im Yoona. By the way, did that girl drop by already? I have been trying to call her.”

 

“Hmmm… someone is diverting the issue,” Taeyeon whistled and Sooyoung chuckled but continued when Joohyun glared at her, “She’s kinda busy wrapping up for her finals in the University but she promised to meet us before her big day.”

 

“Good then,” Joohyun lounged back to her seat, “I want everything to be perfect. It’s our first exhibit after the opening.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, dearie, we’ll see to it that everything goes well,” Taeyeon stood, “Besides, it’s Im Yoona and she’s an upcoming big name here…”

 

“Yeah, anyway,” she turned to Sooyoung, “Can you give me the portfolio? I want check it again and how about the invites?”

 

“Woah, slow down! You checked it like for six times already!” The woman replied with a frown, “And the invites are all prepared so no need to worry about them.”

 

“Just do it,” Taeyeon calmly butted in, “She needs that kind of distraction right now.”

 

“Aish, you two!” She called out as the others walked out of the room laughing, “Stop teasing me, it’s not funny!”

 

~~~

 

She sat by her window and sang softly her song. Euna looked up at the starless sky and made a silent prayer for her performance to go well because she really wants to make her appa happy and she is excited because her umma is going to be there too! The wind was starting to hurt her skin but she didn’t mind and continued singing until she heard her door opening.

 

“Good evening, appa,” she gave him her sweetest smile since it seemed like he will talk to her already.

 

“Close the window,” Yonghwa sat beside her, “You’ll catch cold.”

 

Euna did as told and took the glass of milk from her father. After finishing up its content, she pulled her covers and laid herself down but she sat up again, “Appa, please don’t be angry anymore. I’m sorry now, okay?”

 

Yonghwa couldn’t stop himself from smiling, “I’m not angry anymore…”

 

“Really?” She smiled widely, pushing the covers away and lounging on her daddy. Euna loves her daddy’s smell like it was something comforting and it make her want him to stay more often with her than work for long hours.

 

“But promise me you will ask permission first before going somewhere,” Yonghwa freed himself from her embrace and looked into her eyes. Those pair reminded him of Ha In.

 

“Algesseumnida,” Euna nodded then sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter