Rain

The Princess And The Pea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 24. Rain

 

“Oh great! It’s going to rain harder...” he looked up and the sky told him that he was right. In fact, it would be a downpour. Turning to her, he suggested, “Let’s make a run for it and go back to the hotel before this gets strong.”

 

“Go back?” Joohyun only eyed him curiously, “Are you kidding me?”

 

Yonghwa raised his brow at that sudden glimmer mischief in her smile, “What do you mean? It’s raining!” He started sprinting but stopped then ly to find her idly walking.

 

“It’s raining and I love it!” Joohyun raised her arms and beamed, “Why should I hide away from it?”

 

“You’re crazy…” he grinned crossing his arms on his chest. The drops of water were indeed getting bigger but they both stood there looking at each other. Finally, his eyes almost widened when she walked closer to him.

 

“Crazy? Yes, I am…” Joohyun stopped just a step before their faces could touch. The smile never left her face. Offering her hand, she spoke almost in a whisper, “Come here…”

 

“Oh, hell!” Yonghwa muttered taking her hand then laughed softly when she gave her a playful wink. He watched her, every movement that she made. The way she stepped into the rain, small steps until it turned into little jogs as the water poured all around them. Her hair flowed with the wind, the hem of her dress followed behind, the water was slowly shaping her body as she moved like in a slow motion to get even more drenched. His gaze fell into their hands— entwined. Despite the cool wind and rain, her hand was warm and soft against his. He squeezed her hard enough to make her stop and look at him.

 

It was a beautiful smile that he saw when he lift his gaze to her face. Yonghwa has never seen a woman as beautiful as she was, especially now. Especially this time— wet and gorgeous and not an inch of care to give. To his surprise, she let go of his hand and only then he realized that they stopped in a little nook of the park where green grass were trimmed to the right length and little flowers bloom wherever he look.

 

The rain was heavier then. They fell nonstop, soaking him; soaking them, but they didn’t mind at all. She was right— it was something to love. Joohyun spread her arms and lifted her chin to welcome the rain as they drop on her beautiful face. A small smile curved on her lips. He was seeing Euna; yet she was a woman who was loving what a six year old probably does.

 

She is a woman. And there was no denying that effect on him.

 

Suddenly, she started skipping over a puddle and kicked some water at him. Yonghwa glared lightheartedly then smirked, “You ask for it, lady!”

 

With that, he moved for a counterattack, kicking waters all around them and getting them wetter than ever. He never thought it would feel this good—this long forgotten feeling of the simple happiness under the rain. ‘So this must be the feeling that’s why Euna throw tantrums just to play outside on a rainy day…’ His laughter joined hers as they rekindled their childhood.

 

Joohyun laughed softly, silently congratulating herself as she watched his surreal smile. He was shedding that stiff skin on her, ‘I love taming you,’ she found herself saying. Shaking her head, she stopped every movement but managed to keep that smile on her lips. Yonghwa was visibly surprised to see her stop and he mirrored her— just standing there smiling.

 

 

Her heart skipped when he started walking towards her and halted just one step away. She narrowed her eyes on him and spoke softly, “Yonghwa-ssi, is it really you?”

 

“What are you up to now?” He has always been taken aback by those loaded words she would shoot his way, not to mention that now familiar twinkle of delight in her eyes.

 

She’s one hell of a charmer.

 

“I never thought you would look so damn good on a wet business suit…” her stare softened as she brushed some wet strands off her face.

 

His heart pounded with the burning sensation that was starting to build. He blamed it on the sugar rush that was probably poisoning their system but Joohyun looked so amazingly different—she is a woman. Not that he didn’t notice before. In fact, he notices every painful second that his eyes roam all over her body. He found himself walking closer to her with the same snicker, “Joohyun-ssi, I never thought you would look so damn gorgeous soaking wet.” Forgetting everything else, Yonghwa cupped her cheek with one hand and slowly brushed his thumb on her damn lips.

 

 

Gently, he arched his head closer to hers.

 

She didn’t move— couldn’t move at all. The chilly feel of his palm on her skin brought shivers through her spine. A gasp escaped her that her lips parted open when his other hand rested at the small of her back and he pulled her closer.

 

His smell was intoxicating.

 

It was a rush that his lips met hers—unplanned. Slowly, carefully, he leaned closer— just touching for a moment, waiting for her to move away which he prayed she wouldn’t. And she didn’t. A smile curved on his lips as he pulled her closer. One taste, one touch— until one became more. He tasted the sweetness she beholds and played with her lips on that instance of bliss until their tongues touch and it was impossible to stop.

 

The world seemed to turn upside down.

 

She willingly let him take the lead reveling on the way he with this kiss. She was mindless; no longer able to think reasonably on whatever they were sharing. All she was reduced to was body and soul— and most probably heart. Her mind was no longer functioning except for indulging on the every sensation she was feeling. It was not a short kiss, she was sure of that and she wanted to make it last. With that realization, her hands travelled up his torso until they entangled by his nape pulling him closer in the process.

 

 

She wanted more and she didn’t care to think that she shouldn’t.

 

She felt it. Something gripping her heart that she can hardly grasp what it was. They were drenched— she, for that matter, was soaking wet even underneath her clothes and the coldness was piercing on her skin but she hardly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter