Lost

The Princess And The Pea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 56. Lost

 

He stood by the yard in the darkness of the night hoping she would appear out of nowhere and laugh for that little trick she was playing on him. Euna get scared of darkness at times, especially when her monsters chase her in her mind. He hoped she get so scared and rushed back home.

 

“Ha Inah, keep her safe. Walk with our daughter please,” Yonghwa whispered in the silence of the night as he rubbed his palms together.

 

His mother was inside praying that their little girl would be found soon. He went out and walked back to the park despite the fact that it was all empty and no Euna around. Yonghwa stood by a tree looking at the flickering light from their house until an unfamiliar car stopped in front of the gate. He moved a step or two thinking someone had found his little girl only to see Changmin walking out from the driver’s side and opening the door for Joohyun.

 

The almost darkness concealed him into the night as he watched her ringing the bell and talking to his mother. The two exchanged a long embrace and he noticed that Joohyun was crying on his mother’s arm. He just hoped she wouldn’t mention about Euna’s reason for running away because it would surely devastate her.

 

He didn’t like more drama than he was already feeling, he should keep it to himself and learn not to lean to anyone again. Joohyun was there for his daughter and not for him even if it made him insecure. Yonghwa ducked by the tree when he saw her looking at his direction but heaved a sigh of relief when Joohyun looked away again.

 

Could she feel that he was out there?

 

Minutes later, both got into the car again and disappeared on the streets. He could have walked to them and ask her to stay with him because he needs her now more than ever. He could have told her that he was there and at least ask for explanation of what he saw. But he left things as they were. All his energy must be solely devoted in finding Euna—nothing else mattered.

 

But it did.

 

Yonghwa walked back in the house completely ignoring his mother’s questions and recounting Joohyun and Changmin’s visit moments ago. Yonghwa didn’t need to hear what he saw. His mind was so full of his missing daughter.

 

~~~

 

Joohyun could no longer fight the tears that she held back when she met Yonghwa’s mother that the moment they neared the house, her tears just fell uncontrollably. Changmin just let her be since he knew that nothing could make her feel better. And she was thankful for that.

 

Yonghwa’s absence had it made it even worse for her since she knew he needed her now more than ever— and she needed him just as much. Her oppa gave her the tightest hug after wiping the remaining tears on her face and pushed her in the house.

 

“Maybe you should come up and say hello to father,” Joohyun sniffed trying a small smile.

 

Changmin looked up at the bright lights from inside and ruffled her hair, “I’d rather not. You take a rest, hopefully we hear something good tomorrow.”

 

She nodded and walked in without waiting for him to leave. It was quiet when she walked along the hall to her room. The thought of Euna was consuming her mind but the sudden rustles that somewhat came from her childhood bedroom caught her attention that she decided to check what it was. Joohyun was not someone who got easily scared of the unknown and she normally just want to ‘investigate’ as her twisted way for assurance. Slowly, she turned the knob and pushed it open and a sudden shriek almost made her jump.

 

“OMO!”

 

It was her nanny who appeared from the dimly lit room. “Nana, what are you doing here?” She almost laughed at how big the older woman’s eyes had grown as she clutched her shawl on her chest.

 

“Oh child! Are you trying to kill me?” She clicked her tongue when Joohyun just laughed.

 

“Oh, Nana, I’m so sorry,” she cleared , “What are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

 

“I have been sleeping here since the heater in my room stopped working. Your father made me use it since I refused one of the guest rooms,” she explained as she closed the door carefully leading Joohyun further away from the room. Placing an arm around the younger girl’s shoulder, she asked softly, “What made my little one come home especially at this time?”

 

Joohyun took another big sigh, “Euna ran away…”

 

“What?” She stopped walking and turned to her, “But she is just six, that girl. Did they find her already?”

 

“Not yet.” Tears were welling up again so her Nana touched those corners as if stopping their trail.

 

“Oh dear, she has to be safe…” her nanny looked up then gave her the warmest smile, “Joohyun, why don’t you ask help from your dad. He knows many people that could help find Euna.”

 

“Oh yes!” A surge of hope rushed over her and she gave her nanny a hug and kissed both her cheeks, “You’re really the best, Nana!”

 

“Don’t worry Joohyun, that little thing is safe because her angel won’t let her be in harm’s way…”

 

She mouthed a thank-you and rushed to her father’s study. His glasses were perched by his nose when he looked up just as Joohyun pushed the door wider and got inside. “Seo Joohyun…”

 

“Appa…” she rushed to him and cried in his arms as she told him what happened.

 

“Joohyuna, let me make some calls,” he said as he extracted himself from her.

 

Joohyun sniffed as she listened to her father talk to someone who she presumed to be someone from the police force. After the call, he ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter