Protection

Fluffy Bits & Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a while since he came to this building, tsk tsk, still as extravagant as ever. He tipped his cap back and displayed his signature face to the security guard on the other side of the glass wall, ushering the man to open the double door. He nodded at the guard casually and walked into the lobby, humming to a tune inside his head. Stopping in front of the elevators, huge eyes looked up and he relaxed his posture in the security of the luxurious apartment. Why is this lobby so bright? Tapping a rhythm with his finger inside his navy blue pants pocket, he waited as an elevator descended and the metal door to pull open. He remembers that the lift requires a password for it to function, but same as his past visits, the guard recognized his symbolic face and as soon as he stepped into the fancy cubicle, he found that the floor of his destination has already been set. He would tell his friend to give the guard a bigger tip during new years, if he remembered that is. The metal doors closed and he took off his cap, admiring his reflection on the closed metal doors as he fixed his hair. Deeming himself handsome enough, he blew a kiss at the reflection for good measure. 

 

The elevator slowly eased to a halt, and the metal doors opened. He stepped out into corridor and glanced at the door on the left end and then moved to the right, surely finding the apparent door to his destination. It was not everyone that would put a meter tall pink elephant next to the entry way. Before he pressed the bell, the door opened and a familiar smiling face shone at him. “Hyung!”

 

“Changmin-ah! Yah, open that door quickly, I’m thirsty.” Obeying his demand, the maknae opened the door for him to step into the huge apartment of his friend. He was kicking off his shoes when he noticed the younger eying him. 

 

“What?” 

 

Changmin shook his head and marveled at his shirt, “Nothing just… woah hyung… where can you even get that shirt?”

 

He smirked and adjusted the collar of his pink flower and cat patterned shirt. He patted on the younger’s shoulder and stepped past him, “Pretty right? Give it up Changmin, not everyone can wear this like me.”

 

“…true…” He hears the younger mumble behind him while they made their way together into the living room where the others were. Notably, he was the last to arrive, the star he is.

 

As soon as he saw the others, the occupants of the living room greeted him cheerfully. “Heechul-hyung!”

 

He let Yunho pull him into a bear hug and grunted at the pats on his back as if they hurt, “Yah Yunho! Give hyung something to drink first. It’s so hot outside I think I’m dying.”

 

“Here you go.” As soon as his close friend of over a decade lets him go, a glass of water is held up for him. 

 

“Thank you, Jaejoong-ah.” Heechul gulped down the water and plopped down onto the sofa. This sofa is comfy! He quickly looked around the living room filled with black and white, obviously a mixture of his two close friends. Noted to himself to get himself a pair of those comfy looking pink sweat pants on Jaejoong, he asked, “Yah, where is Shindong, didn’t he say he was coming?”

 

“He said his schedule got delayed and will arrive a bit later.” Eunhyuk replied while the thin man played with Jaejoong’s pet poodle Hiro. JiJi is sleeping in his furry mat with Jaejoong’s new kitten, now what’s his name again?

 

“Oh~” Donghae plopped down beside him and Heechul exclaimed in disinterest, distracted by the  bowl of ice cream in the younger’s hand. Without asking, the universal star fed himself a spoonful, and moaned in approval. 

 

Yoochun chuckled and said, “Don’t eat so much of the ice cream or Yunho-hyung will cry.”

 

The raven haired man sat down on the soft red carpet with a can of beer and sipped leisurely. 

 

“Careful to not spill on the carpet! It’s okay, I ordered a lot more for spare in the freezer.” Jaejoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter