Letters Part 2

Fluffy Bits & Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jaejoong was not in a good mood, and every soldier at the base knew. Heck, everyone in the country that saw the news about his soulmate would know he would not be in a good mood too. It had been a lousy month for him, worry and anger eating at him everyday. Although the charges are dropped, Yoochun’s reputation is damaged and Jaejoong is dying to hear the full story from the guy. He had been trying to get it out of Yoochun, but on the few times he managed to catch the younger on the phone, his soulmate was either too tired, or busy with something else. 

 

“Damn it, when I see that forehead of his, I swear…!”

 

The singer was distracted with his thoughts, and didn’t realize his name has been called, until a few letters appeared in his line of vision and a fellow soldier handed him the letters with a soft smile. Jaejoong quickly thanked the soldier before finishing the bowl of soup, and cleaned up.

 

Yunho’s letters always helped calm him, just as it did this time too, but he was still irritated. Taking two big deep breaths, Jaejoong stuck two books beneath a blank white paper and stretched his arms atop of the bed to write a reply.

 

Dear Yunnie,

 

Thank you, I think I calmed down ever so slightly, at least better than last week, but I rather not talk about it even though my mind keeps wandering there. 

 

I had spoke to Junsu, who had visited Yoochun, and he sort of explained the full story to me, but I want to hear it from the person himself. I guess I should just wait, as you said, a little patience and a whole lot of faith is what I need now.

 

At times like this, I really really miss your hugs and your kisses. I miss you. I think me not being able to see you has been adding to my irritations. 

 

When can we next meet…? This is even worse than when we were outside with all those reporters and haters, or when we were hours apart in different side of the world. At least then I could call you, could facetime you, could sneak to your house or to wherever you are. I’m sorry I’m breaking down writing this letter… 

 

Yunnie… You will probably call me after reading this letter and ask why I didn’t call you after writing this, but I can’t… Not now. If I heard your voice right now I am really going to break. So when you do call me, don’t mention this, please. I don’t want even our phone calls to be this depressing… Heck I don’t even know why I am writing all these down for you and maybe I should scrap this letter but…

 

Yunnie, Yunho, Yunho-yah, I really miss you. 

 

Yours,

Jaejoong

 

Ending the letter with much difficulty, the singer dropped his head into his pillow and sobbed. After a few minutes, he picked his head up and stood up for a tissue, carelessly wiping his face and clearing his nose. He looked at the written letter and hesitated for a second on actually scrapping it, but it was his most inner longing for Yunho. So before he could change his mind, Jaejoong quickly sealed it into a letter, wrote the address, and put it into the mail box before heading to shower and retire for the night. 

 

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

 

Waving goodbye to Junsu, Jaejoong watched as the sports car sped off. With a sigh on his lips, he entered the hall of his apartment and greeted the security. It’s been almost half a year since he last returned to this apartment of his, the last time was with Yunho during their holiday, and they had stayed inside almost all of the three days they had with each other. As the elevator rose, Jaejoong was saddened by the reminder that Yunho wasn’t with him this time. The two could not match their holidays this time and the leader had his days off last week. 

 

The singer clicked his tongue loudly, “Just a few days difference, why can’t the army just deal with that, damn it!” 

 

Grudgingly he pressed the password to his apartment and was greeted by emptiness. Of course, his pets were at his sisters for the duration of his duty, and the said sisters would not be here for him until tomorrow.

 

Kicking his boots off, Jaejoong was oddly not in the mood to care as he stripped on his way into the apartment. At the entrance of the living room, he casually flicked on the light only to gasp in surprise at what he saw.

 

On the far end of his living room, next to the corridor to the bedrooms, the original empty space was currently occupied by a white grand piano.

 

Slowly stepping forward, Jaejoong recalled that his old piano had gone out of tune and he had it donated to the orphanage near by. It was still functioning and all, but to him, a professional musician, it was no longer good enough. That was before he went into duty.

 

Stopping in front of the new piano, the singer gasped in awe at its beauty. The pedals sparkling silver, the piano bench thickly cushioned, the music rack was of an elegant pattern, while the lid was in the shape of an angel’s wing, and the lid prop decorated with silver drawings. The snow white piano shone brightly in his living room, beautifully radiating its elegance. Jaejoong took his time admiring the instrument, slowly circling and touching. He traced his fingers along the small silver signature on the side of the piano: To Jaejoong, My Love, Muse, and Melody.

 

Something filled up his chest, overwhelming him with love and happiness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter