Letters

Fluffy Bits & Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Letters

 

“Kim Jaejoong!” 

 

Doe eyes snapped up at the call and saluted before he stepped forward for his mail. He looked through the senders as he walked to his room, which he shared with another three soldiers. Jaejoong’s heart flittered at the sight of a familiar hand writing, eyes widening and lips curling. Feeling slightly confused but nevertheless happy, he walked faster towards his room, and impatiently undid his boots, kicking them off before plopping onto his bed. Tossing all his other letters aside for the moment, he quickly and carefully opened the simple white envelope, fingers willingly unfolding the pieces of paper. He smiled at the heading of the letter, humming gleefully as he started reading the letter to himself.

 

Dear Jaejoongie,

 

We talk on the phone almost every other day but I am going into active duty and so calls, if possible, would be even less frequent.

So, I am going to write letters! ^^

It is going to take longer to arrive once I enroll but I already told Ji-hye to be the middle person and send the letters I send her that are addressed to you. You could send letters to her for me too. 

Now before you complain, it is necessary because of our... complications. 

I would love to kiss the pout off your lips right now but I can’t so… muah! <3

In turn, I would write loads for every letter, and I’m going to send them as frequent as possible, okay?

 

I am sending this letter from Gwangju as I am at home preparing for my duty, and I surely hope it arrives on time for you to call me after you receive it! 

By the way, Changmin also wanted to say hi and he hope that you’re not dying from lack of alcohol and sugar. No he is not right beside me right now in Gwangju, and yes I am going to send him letters too, directly but please don't be upset because I won’t write as much to him, promise!

Hmmmmm… I’m running out of things to write for this first letter because I told you everything on calls.

 

So what’s left is to say… I miss you very very very much baby. 

 

I am happy you are following a better lifestyle in the army, but don’t train too hard and eat more please. Call me after you get this letter!

 

I love you very much, Jaejoongie!

 

Always Yours,

Yunho

 

Jaejoong read the last three words over and over again, giggling happily. He pressed a kiss to the words and his lover’s name, before quickly yanking his shoes on. He glanced at his watch, letter in hand, and hurried to the common room where the phones are. Everyone else is probably still in the dinner hall so there shouldn’t be many people at this time!

 

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

 

He bit onto his bottom lip, doe eyes staring at the soldier that is handing out the daily mails as he wolfed down the food in front of him. After two days of disappointment, it should come soon! No, it has to come! Please! 

 

Jaejoong was mentally praying, so when his name was called, he took large strides to attain his letters before twirling around and out of the dinner hall. His fingers worked to go through the senders and almost jumped in happiness when he saw his lover’s handwriting. Forcing the squeal back down his throat, Jaejoong opened the door to his shared room and got into his letter reading position, kicking his shoes away and throwing himself onto his bed, all the while opening the letter and taking the precious content out.

 

Dear Jaejoongie,

 

I am happy to hear that you are getting along with your band, and I hope you did not skip dinner waiting for my letters again :(

I am just starting to know my bandmates here as well, and I should tell you that one of my bandmate here is your fan, and he said his younger brother is too.

Joongie, I disapprove you attracting young males.

 

The days in duty are actually quite fun, and although there are trainings and all, it is still somewhat of a rest for me, a good time to regulate my lifestyle and relieve mental strains, and I hope it is for you too :)

You were right when you said I would enjoy being a soldier. I don’t think you would be surprised if I tell you I am excelling in my shooting and martial arts training ^^
I can’t say the same for the less exciting chores though… like the grass picking you absolutely find boring. 

 

I miss you very much and I cannot wait to see you at the festival!
You would find that my skin color has tanned quite a bit, and my tummy has disappeared ^^

Hmmm… is that a good news for you or a bad one? I know how you loved the tummy that you built with your food.

 

Well, it is time to switch the light off so I’m afraid I will end my letter here.

 

Love you baby, take care, and see you soon! Muah <3

 

Always Yours,

Yunho

 

Holding the letter close and burying his nose into the papers, as if he could sniff his lover’s smell off the paper. Jaejoong pressed a kiss to Yunho’s name before pulling out pieces of blank paper to write a reply for his love. It has become a habit of his, to reply as quickly as he can so that Yunho could get his letter quicker and would reply earlier too. As expected, calls were difficult between two active duty soldiers, and during the initial 8 weeks of Yunho’s intensive training, even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter