Haven

Fluffy Bits & Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haven

 

The beat inside him seemed to slow, heavy and tired with insecurity. Everything around him ticked at his nerves, the elevator taking too long, the air-conditioning being so loud, even the soft sound of arrival irritated him. Its just one of those days when the shields of wood he built around him collapses, burnt by his emotions, worn out by the storm constantly surrounding him. 

 

He tells himself to not mind the comments, not mind the scandals or the rumors, but the efforts only cause him more wounds, when he builds his ground of sand, a facade that he doesn’t care. Images of earlier flashes in his mind involuntarily and he winces, biting on his lip. The letters of confession, the words of affectionate nature that crumbled his resolve. 

 

The phone in his pocket vibrated, probably another message of worry from his soulmate. His mind is a wreckage of his beautiful castle, and he just really hopes that person is in his home right now, the home he is so desperately returning to, just a few more steps away. He needed his warmth, his smell, his protection and words of comfort. He knows he would feel embarrassed and reflect on it afterwards, but every time, he couldn’t help but to dive into that warm ocean of calm water. 

 

With helpless agony, Jaejoong pushed open the front door. His heart hung on thousand feet high as he pulled of his shoes, and it settled with a comforting thump when he heard the melody of a piano playing from within his house. His excited poodle welcomed him home, but he paid no attention to it, dragging his feet to his study room, where he was greeted by a familiar silhouette. 

 

Beautiful fingers danced upon the black and white keys, stature composed and strong as the man he loved stood and played a gentle song. Jaejoong fought back the sob before he plunged forward and latched onto his lover’s broad back, arms tightly wrapping around thick waist.

 

“Hey baby, welcome home.” Yunho greeted, fingers continued to play on the electric instrument. Jaejoong nodded, forehead nudging against the leader’s shoulder. The music stopped and a hand came up to ruffle his hair, he hears his lover ask, “What’s wrong Jaejoongie? Did something happen?”

 

He shook his head despite knowing Yunho could see through the lie immediately. Hands tugged on his and the body in his arms rotated to face him. Doe eyes lowered to hide the forming tears but his chin was gently nudged upwards and he blinked at Yunho’s handsome face. His lover didn’t say anything as he pulled Jaejoong to the love seat by the wall and sat down before coaxing him onto his laps. 

 

Jaejoong sat down facing Yunho, straddling the younger one, he put his face into the curve of his lover’s neck. Once he felt the hand running up and down his back, his dam broke and tears began to run freely from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter