Twenty-eight: Development

Unforeseen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D E V E L O P M E N T

 

"Mom, Dad, this is Saeron, my girlfriend." Baekhyun introduces Saeron to his parents as he leads her to the dining area. Baekhyun decided to have her meets his parents after Saeron got jealous towards the girl he met at the park. Saeron got so pissed that she refuses to talk to him the entire ride to her house. Baekhyun seems alarmed at the situation and just invites her to come with him as they drop Hyun woo to his parents house and also to introduce her to his parents, hoping that doing that will somewhat assured her, but of course he doesn't told her that he will introduces her to them.

Saeron nervously bows her head. Baekhyun doesn't tell her that his parents are home, she could have wears a nice dress. He told her that his parents still aren't at home and they will just drop Hyun woo and let the maids watch him until his parents arrive. She didn't prepare herself for such meeting and she is nervous as heck. Mr. Byun looks at her intently, scanning her from her head to toe. Mrs. Byun, who seems a little bit shock, only stares at Baekhyun as if she's digging through his soul. "So… from what family did you come from?" Saeron bits her lip as Baekhyun's father asks her that. She doesn't know. She was an orphan girl; she doesn't know where she came from. "I am--" "She's an orphan, father." Baekhyun answered for her, feeling her nervousness. His father looked at him in disbelief as he clenched the chopsticks he is holding. She bets that if his father is using wood chopsticks, he could have it broken now because of how hard he clenches it. She already sees it coming. She should have known, no parents want their children to marry a girl who doesn't even know who her parents are. Saeron smiles bitterly before letting go of Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun flinched, turning to her with a confused look. "Well, you two should sit first. Have you eaten yet, Saeron-ah?" Saeron answers her that she indeed had eaten already, excusing herself, rushing to the front door.

Baekhyun turned to his father before following Saeron. "Saeron-ah!" Baekhyun shouted as he runs to catch up with her. Holding her hand, he turned her around. "Baby~" he utters searching for her eyes. "I'm sorry…" he said before pulling her to a hug. "I know you're still not ready to meet them… I just thought that maybe I could assure you that you're the only one to me… by… well, by having you meet them. I'm sorry. I act recklessly without thinking about how you will feel…" Baekhyun said as he kisses her temple. Saeron blinked her tears away, wrapping her hands around him. "I'm sorry…" Saeron sobs. "Sorry for not being good enough…" Baekhyun shakes his head, whispering she's wrong. "Don't say that… you're more than enough, Saeron. You're more than enough…" he trails.

The two pulled away from each other when they heard clearing throat. Saeron looked down as Baekhyun looked straight ahead of him and to his father who is already standing tall. "I want to extend my apology for what happened earlier. I am surprised that he really did bring a girl and introduces her as his girlfriend. If you really are his girlfriend, I am guessing you knew what he… was before." His father started, looking at them. Saeron raises her head and then look at the man that is standing with authority. "We, His mom and I, thought that he is just fooling around, like what he had used to do before, when he told us he's dating a girl. We even thought he had his brother as his accomplice." Baekhyun rolls his eyes, remembering how his father told him to stop his acts and just do whatever he wants as they still accept him no matter what. "I sincerely apologize for what happened earlier. I did not act like that just because you're… an orphan. I hope you understand!" His father said before smiling and then walks back to the dining area.

"Let's join them…" Baekhyun insisted, trying to drag her to the dining area but Saeron refuses him telling him that she already said that she already eaten and she doesn't want to take her words back just because his dad told her he was sorry. She knew that she's lying when she said that but she still couldn't bring herself in front of them. Today isn't the right time for them to eat together even though she will be glad to join them as soon as possible. It's just that, what happened earlier still makes her feel awkward. In the end, the two excuse themselves to his parents telling them that he will be touring her around the city and will come back after an hour.

 

***

 

"Is she staying over?" Baekhyun's mother asks Baekhyun as they sat to the couch across from his father who is reading newspaper. The two look at each other, her house is quite far from the Byun's, so he just decided to convince her later to stay over, before answering. "She is." Saeron immediately averted her eyes to Baekhyun, eyes-asking him why the heck he said that. She doesn't have any intention of staying over and besides they haven't talk about this. He decided it on his own. Saeron's eyes immediately flew to his father, examining his reaction. Mr. Byun turned to the next page before putting the news paper down. They met eyes and she is heck nervous. "Is that so? Should we prepare another room for you or you'll stay in Baekhyun's room?" His father asked, immediately, her cheeks turned red. "I'll take another room--" "She's staying with me." Saeron turned to Baekhyun sending her angry death glare. She mouthed "what the heck!?" making his mother laughs at them. "What should we do, Honey? Our Baeky surely wants to sleep with her!" His mother asked her husband as she chuckles, watching how her son got an adorable girl. Saeron immediately shakes her head as she waves her hand in front of her face, denying his mother's words. "No, that's not it. Baekhyun will drop me home and--" "No, you're sleeping here. What in "you are staying over" that you don't understand?" Baekhyun asked smirking, enjoying how Saeron looks so flustered besides him. He knows that he might be torturing her by doing this but her flustered face is the most adorable thing he had ever seen. They way her cheeks redden, the way she purses her lips and the way she stutters are just too much for him. He wants to see her like this, at least even once in a while. "YA! BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Saeron shouted and then immediately covers , bowing for forgiveness to his parents. She hissed while glaring at Baekhyun who seems amused to see her being like this. She wants to wipes his smirk off and just beats him up until he could no longer talk. "You guys talk this out. Just ask Baekhyun where the vacant rooms are." His father said before excusing himself. His mother quickly joins her husband as she stands up and bids goodbye to them.

"What the do you think are you doing!?" She hissed cupping her face with her hands, trying to calm herself down. "Let's sleep. I won't tell you where the rooms are anyway." He said standing up, reaching out his hand so that Saeron hold it but then Saeron refuses to get up and just looked away from him. "You have embarrassed me enough." She stated. "I can just sleep here in the couch." Saeron added, caressing the soft fabric. "As if I will let you. Come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter