Twelve: Heartbreak

Unforeseen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T H E  H E A R T B R E A K

 

"What do you think?" Yuki asked Baekhyun as she turned to him. Baekhyun looked up to scan the dress she tries on. "It looks good on you." He muttered smiling. Baekhyun stood up to check the shop's dresses and tops. Checking each of it, a knitted sweater caught his attention. Suddenly, he thought of Saeron. That sweater would look really good on her. He thought. He decided to buy the sweater for her. He just hope that Saeron will like it. Sure, Saeron doesn't want him to buy things for her but maybe she will let this slide.

 

Yuki laughs as she made him wears the cat ears they both found at the shop's entrance. Baekhyun jokingly rolled his eyes and acts mad at her only to make her laugh even more. She pinched both of his cheek muttering "cute." Baekhyun then made a face not liking how she address him cute. "Ops, sorry. I mean beautiful." She joked making him roll his eyes this time. She never learns. "Give me a break." He muttered walking to the other side of the shop and there again he found beanies. "Give me two of this. Thank you!" He told the sales lady with a smile. He caught the lady blushes as he smiles and somehow it boost his confidence. I don't mind being straight for these girls. He thought laughing to himself. "What d'you get?" Yuki suddenly appears behind him. "Beanie" he said casually turning his head to the other side of the shop. "Have you gone there?"

 

***

 

"I really had fun, Hyun! Thank you so much for being here with me. I really thought it was really an end for me. I am so thankful having you by my side." Yuki said staring at the moon. Baekhyun took her hand and give it a squeezed. "I told you, all you need is a break. Don't force yourself too much. You're just a human, you know!? I will always be here for you." He said cheering her up. Yuki let out a bitter smile and then leaned on him. "You're the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Thank you, Hyun…" she whispered making the boy smile. "For you, I'll always comply." He joked. Yuki laughs making him feel enchanted. Looking at her, he felt light. This can't be.

 

"Mom, Dad… I brought Baekhyun along with me. You remember him? He's the guy I've been talking about…" she whispered as her tears fall down her eyes. Baekhyun just stood up behind her watching the girl. He felt sorry for her. She's still too young to be alone. "I went to Korea to settle your last request. I've closed the deal…" she sniffed. "You're proud of me, right?" She asked balling her hand against the grave. Baekhyun watched one of the most heartbreaking scenes he had ever seen with a straight face trying to stay unaffected as he will be the one whom Yuki will rely on. He has to be strong, just for her.

 

***

 

"Thank you for accompanying me. That really means a lot to me." Yuki said as soon as Baekhyun let down her baggage on the couch. "Don't mention it" said Baekhyun smiling genuinely. Yuki sighed sitting on the couch. "I don't know what to do anymore. I am all alone now…" she started as her tears start to flow once again. "Don't say that. You have me, you will never be alone." He reasoned taking her hand so he can sooth her. "Ahm… Hyun?" Baekhyun looked up to meet the girl's gaze. "Hm?" Yuki let out a breathe before turning completely to him. "Will you… ahm… move in with me? You know… I am not used to being alone. It hasn't been forty days since my parents died and… and I… I'm scared of being alone. I hate the feeling of being lonely… I am… scared to be alone." She whispered, eyes begging the boy to say yes. Baekhyun stayed silent thinking his next step. He doesn't want to leave Saeron yet. He felt like she still needs companion but he couldn't let Yuki be alone. He understands what Yuki's words meant because he, too, is scared to feel lonely, to be alone. "About moving in… I'll think about that but for the mean time, I won't mind sleeping here. Just… just give me time to think." He said giving her hand a squeeze to assure her. Yuki looked down, closing her eyes to calm herself. Looking up to him, she let out a small smile. "Okay. Thank you…" she said hugging him.

 

***

 

"Where are you going?" Baekhyun asked eyeing Saeron as he watches her walks downstairs. Turning to the owner of the voice, she met the eyes she misses so bad. "Oh my-- Hyuuun~!" She shouted, running to meet him. Laughing, Baekhyun opened his arms to welcome her with a hug. Saeron jumped on him for a hug. She inhales his scent convincing herself that Baekhyun has finally arrived. "You didn’t tell me you're coming back!" She whined, pouting. "Sorry…" he muttered. "Anyway, where are you going? It's already 7pm." Saeron smiles widely pulling away from him. "I have a part-time. I'm singing in a bar with a friend of mine." She replied. "Bar? Are you serious?" He asked earning nods from her. "Don’t worry. I don't drink while working and besides it's just a 3-hour jam every night." Saeron looked behind her and then asked him to sit. The two walks to the couch and settled. "You sing?" He asked bewildered. Saeron smirked eyeing him. "I'm good at it. I've been a member of music club since middle school, just so you know." She boasted smirking. "You shouldn't be working this late." He told her poking her forehead. "Duh!? I'm a grown up and besides Kyungsoo always drop me home after the gig." He was about to asks her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter