Thirteen: Conflict

Unforeseen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T H E  C O N F L I C T

 

Saeron walked back to the counter and then took the seat next to Kyungsoo who quickly turned to her as soon as she settled herself. "Are you okay?" He asked with an obvious worried face. Saeron doesn't respond to the boy as her mind is still not functioning properly making the latter sigh. "You know you can share your problems to me…" he trails worriedly, staring at the girl. Biting her lips, Saeron looked up and smile bitterly at him. If only I could. "I'll tell you when I'm ready…" she replied balling her hands as she looked down, laughing at herself on how she looks pathetic at the moment. She found it funny how her lap looks more interesting than other things around her. Kyungsoo just sigh as he reaches out to rub her back, trying to at least sooth her. That's the only thing he could do at the moment. He wanted her to open her problems to him as he badly wants to help her. She is a friend to him. He treats her as his little sister and seeing her so down somewhat frustrates him. But then again he remembered, sometimes words cannot comfort a person that sometimes it is better hugging them to at least let them know that they have someone to lean onto. And this time, he chose the latter. Kyungsoo takes the girl's hand motioning her to come close to him. "I'll always be here, Saeron. Always." He smiled before pulling her for a hug. Saeron closed her eyes as she tried to recall those conversations and interactions she shared with Baekhyun, trying to find out when and where she exactly fell for the boy. She couldn't tell. She doesn't know why she fell for him after knowing his orientation. They were supposed to be friends so why now? Of all people, why Baekhyun? She tightened her grip on Kyungsoo as she tries to calm herself by listening to his calm and steady heartbeat.

 

Saeron felt her hands being covered by someone else's so she opened her eyes and looked up to know who was the person that bravely hold her. Meeting his eyes, Saeron quickly looked away as she swayed her hands to remove Sehun's hands on her. She wants to be alone. She's on a bad mood and she doesn't want to fire her anger to Sehun. He is a good guy. Smiling bitterly, Sehun took the seat next to her that once used by Kyungsoo before leaving her alone to give her space for her to be able to think. He could tell that she desperately needs it. "Why are you crying?" Crying? Saeron touched her cheeks, checking if she ever shed a tear. She let out a pathetic laugh. Why am I so pathetic? "Why? Are you crying because of him?" Sehun backfire and noticed how Saeron froze for a second before shaking her head. I hit it good but why is she covering him up? Sehun wanted to punch random person in front of him to screams out his frustration. He caused her tears and seeing her cry now for another guy hurts him. It drove him crazy. He wanted to beat him up, so hard. "If I keep seeing you cry I swear I will steal you from him." He muttered making sure that she was able to catch his words because he was heck serious, dead serious. He will really steal her no matter what. Him causing her cry is enough sight for him. He doesn't want to see her tears anymore. If she's going to cry, it must be because of happiness. Sehun heaved a sigh. "S-Sehun…" Sehun turned to her and then took her hand, gripping it tight. If she will let him, he will never let it go. He doesn't want to let her hand go, even Saeron herself, he won't let her go. He just needs another shot, another chance to show her how truly he loves her. "Your invitation a while ago…" she whispered still eyes on the ground. "…Can we still grab something to eat?"

 

"Enough, Saeron! You're drunk!" Sehun whined stealing the bottle from her hand. Saeron whined and pull off another aegyo for Sehun to let her but it won't work this time. He let her drink because he saw that she needs it but enough is enough. "Is this the 'something to eat’ that you are talking about? I let you drink because you're down but you're being too much! I'll bring you home, get up!" Sehun scolded getting up, taking her hand and about to drag her up but Saeron forcefully freed herself. You don't understand, Sehun. "Don't be such a kid, Sehun-ah!" she whined obviously not in the right state of mind. Sehun sighed, staring at the wasted girl. He felt bad, regret filling him up in his decision of letting her drink. He should have known. Saeron is a one stubborn lady. "Just one more bo--" Sehun eyes widened in shock as Saeron's head fell on the table with a loud thud. "That will surely leave a bump…" he trailed as he carefully lifts her up. Sehun decided to give her a piggyback ride as Saeron refused to walk. "I should have brought my car…" He regrets knowing that the walk to the bus stop will be tiring as Saeron fell unconscious that gives him a hard time. He was frustrated on how he would balance her as she keeps on moving on his back. "Gosh, Saery, stay still…" he whimpered adjusting her position on his back. Sehun held her tight afraid of the possibility of Saeron falling from his back. Sehun walks slowly trying his best to keep her in place. To his luck, a cab stops in front of them.

 

Sehun carefully placed Saeron's head to his shoulder, giving her comfortable position to sleep. Saeron unknowingly snuggles close to him as she whispers incoherent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter