Fifteen: Confession

Unforeseen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T H E  C O N F E S S I O N

 

Saeron is quietly sitting on the couch as she eats while watching the television. She keeps herself busy even though she has nothing to do. Baekhyun hasn't been home for three days and she pretended that she didn't mind it at all. She truly doesn't mind at all… or maybe just a little. She told herself that she wasn't in the right position to complain or even scream at him for not being home but some part of her wanted to. She wants to ask him. She hates how she had been replaced by the girl she doesn't even met yet. She felt sad. And she hates that. She's not supposed to feel that way. She's not supposed to feel insecure. How dare she to be affected in the first place? She is just a friend. Just a friend. Glancing to her phone, she sighs. He doesn't even message her. He told her he will be back. But it has been three days and she feels no presence of him at all. She hates how he treated her. But then again, who is she to complain? She is just Lee Saeron, for crying out loud, she is just a friend. She's not supposed to care.

 

"Hyun…" she whispered eyeing the boy who just steps inside her house. Her eyes water as she stares at him longingly. Is it possible to miss someone like this? Is this even normal? Oh how she miss him. She misses him so bad. Saeron sniffs and then averted her eyes back to the boy. Baekhyun smiles at her and somehow her worries fade away. With just a smile, her anger faded. With just a simple smile, he made her calm. A tear came out of her eyes, unknowingly, and she quickly looked away for him not to notice her eyes. He's not supposed to see her like this. "Ah… Saeron…" Baekhyun trails as he glances behind him. Saeron followed his gaze and stared at the door. Baekhyun signals something, or someone, behind him and then the door suddenly was pushed open, revealing an angelic looking girl. The girl has her long brown hair down. Saeron saw how the girl bites her lower lip. Somehow, she doesn't want to ask him who the girl is. Saeron wanted to run to her room and lock herself. He should have not come at all. If he's bringing a girl, he should have not come home. Saeron swallowed her emotion and then gaze went back to Baekhyun, waiting for explanation. Who might she be?

"She is Yuki…" Baekhyun introduces as if he read her mind.  "… the friend I have been talking about. I have been helping her out for the past few days after her parents died…" he continued holding the girl's hand, maybe comforting her, but of course that is not what's on Saeron's mind. Saeron felt her chest clenched as she stares at their intertwined hands and suddenly she felt out of breath. Why so suddenly it feels so hard to breathe? Saeron pressed her lips firmly, preventing herself from forming a sad smile. She has to stop herself. "I… I am… Sae… ron. It's nice…" Saeron paused thinking what she is going to say. She doesn't want to lie. She doesn't feel near happy at all. It is not nice meeting her, or at least not for her. "… It is nice meeting you…" she continued flashing a force smile. She hates lying. But the look in his eyes tells her to treat the girl nice. But how about her? Does he had any idea how hard this is for Saeron? Saeron was filled with thoughts. Why does he keeps on doing this to her? "Come in…" Saeron invited them inside even thought she doesn't want to. Baekhyun turned to Yuki with a grin before smiling. Saeron felt like breaking down. Just how cruel life can be? His smile right now is definitely different from the smile he flashes when he's with her and she envies her. She wanted to be her even just for a second. She feels like there are tons of things she doesn't know about him. Technically, she doesn't know him but being with him made her feel like she knew him for long now. "Do you want something to drink? I'll grab---" "I'll be doing that, Saeron. Just accompany her for me." Baekhyun flashed a smile and Saeron nodded knowing that he wouldn't take no for an answer. That smile, is different from the smile earlier.

 

Saeron took the seat beside Yuki and then stares ahead of her. What would she do? She doesn’t know if she wants to talk to her. After all, she's the reason why she felt neglected. Saeron felt like that Yuki girl stole Baekhyun from her. Who is she anyway? According from his introduction she is also a friend. Are they close friend already? Saeron was about to speak when Yuki prevented her by speaking first. "So, you must be the girl he is worrying leaving…" Yuki started making Saeron turned to her with a confused look. What does she mean? "I don't know what you are tal--" "I need him, Saeron-ssi. I can't… I don't know what I will do in my life without him by my side. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter