Twenty-seven: Jealousy

Unforeseen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

J E A L O U S Y

 

Saeron yawns as she stretches her arms. Hopping off her bed, she proceeds to the bathroom. She stared at her reflection for a second or two before taking her toothbrush and then brushes her teeth. After washing her face, Saeron walks down to the kitchen to make her own breakfast.

"Hm?" She hums as she plates the eggs, bacon and her fried rice. "Can you come with me? Hyun woo wants to see you too." Saeron sighs, holding her phone this time as she speaks. "I don't think so, Hyun. I still have work to do." She could already imagine him pouting as she tell him that. "But today is Sunday!" Saeron sat as she continues talking to Baekhyun as she eats. "I know, but you know my job…" she trails. Baekhyun looked down to the little boy sitting beside him while Hyun woo stares at him with pleading eyes. He mouthed him that Saeron is busy and couldn't come with them. Hyun woo pouted his lips cutely making it hard for Baekhyun to refuse him. He sighs before speaking. "Can we just visit you, at least? He's pouting and I don't know how to refuse him." Baekhyun said before looking back to Hyun woo. Saeron chuckles understanding him. Hyun woo once used his charm and cute pouty lips to her and she ended up agreeing to his little silly request. She also thought that maybe their puppy eyes and cute pouty lips actually run in the blood as Baekhyun looks exactly like Hyun woo when he is doing that. Hyun woo resembles his uncle too much to the point that if she doesn't know Hyun woo is Baekhyun's nephew, she might have thought he is his little brother. "It's okay as long as you both won't disturb me from working." She answered. Baekhyun averted his eyes to the little boy, showing him thumb up. Saeron can hear Hyun woo cheering in the background, making her chuckles. "He really wants to go to an amusement park." Baekhyun stated, watching his nephew running towards his father room. "Why won't you take him there instead?" She asked before downing a glass of water. "I want to, but he wants you to come along." Saeron went awed hearing him. "He is such a sweetheart~" She sing-song making the boy rolls his eyes. "And I am not?" Saeron chuckles, "I didn't say that. Anyway, I'll go eat first. You're disturbing me!" She jokes. Baekhyun clears his throat before humming. "I'll see you later then…" he unwillingly said, not wanting to end the call yet. Saeron only hums in response. "I love you…" he whispers and even though she barely hears him saying those words, her heart still flutters. She smiles before telling him the same three words, making the boy smile in contentment before hanging up.

 

"Hi, Hyun woo!" Saeron welcome Hyun woo with a cheerful smile before crouching down to hug him. Hyun woo wraps his arms around her, kissing her cheek. "Hi, noona! It's been a while!" Saeron ruffles his hair before pulling away, letting the boy run inside her house. Saeron stands up, looking to her boy this time. He smiles at her and then hands her the bouquet of flower he had bought along the way. Saeron takes it and then gives him a peck on the lips. "You've been very busy lately…" she mutters as she pulls away. Baekhyun only shrugs, taking her hand. She leads him to the living room, seeing Hyun woo already waiting for them. "How's work?" He asked as they sat beside the little boy. "Better since you're no longer intruding…" she answered as she types her laptop's password. Baekhyun nudges her using his foot making the girl laugh. "No, I'm serious! The office is quiet again, thanks to you!" She added while she laughs. Baekhyun only rolls his eyes before they both heard his phone ringing. "Excuse me…" he muttered, standing up as he walks towards the kitchen. Saeron stares at him for seconds before averting her eyes to Hyun woo. "What do you want to do, little Hyun?" Just like a typical kid, he answers, "I want to play!" Saeron smiles at the cheerful kid, ruffling his hair. "I'll try to finish half of my pending work then we'll go outside. There's a nearby park here, we could go there. But only if you want to…" Hyun woo shows her two thumbs up before hopping off the couch. "Can I play as I wait then?" Saeron nods and then Hyun woo took the joystick in top of the xbox. Saeron then tears her eyes off him as he starts playing, averting her eyes to her laptop, continuing her paperwork.

A moment later, she felt him sitting back beside her. She turned to him and asks. "Who was that?" Baekhyun then lean his head on the headrest as he closes his eyes. "Mr. Hwang, he just asked me about the new product proposal." Saeron nods not wanting to ask further more. Baekhyun then, who felt like she wasn't going to ask anything, leans his head on her shoulder. "I miss you…" he whispers. Saeron hums. The two of them rarely see each other after Baekhyun closed the partnership with the Kim's. He's been very busy reviewing the new products content and everything that needed to be considered before launching. If they couldn't see each other, they will just text or call the other one. It has been like that for two weeks now and they didn't complain. They fully understand each other. Baekhyun then placed his head on her lap, startling her a little. "Hyun…" she whines, trying to concentrate. Baekhyun smiles at her before closing his eyes. "I'll take a nap…" Saeron then pinches his cheek. Her hand then rest on his forehead, examining his face, before she completely brushes his hair using her hand, in a slow manner making the boy relaxes on her touch. Saeron continues brushing his hair and then stops as she felt like he's already asleep.

 

Saeron tries to wake up Baekhyun by tapping his cheeks but he isn't responding. Hyun woo stares at his uncle, who still didn't budge, before kicking his foot. Saeron muffled her laughs as she watches the little boy wake up his uncle. "Hyung~!" Baekhyun then stirs up after Hyun woo screams. Baekhyun shakes his head before sitting up. Saeron was about to stand up but she felt like her legs go numb. "Hmm?" Baekhyun hums not understanding why Hyun woo wakes him up. "Noona said we could go to the park! We will play there~" Hyun woo sounded so energetic making Baekhyun smiles at him. He then pats the boy's head before turning his attention to Saeron who is only staring at her lap. "Are you okay?" Saeron averted her eyes to him and nods. "Yes, it's just that my leg go numb for a while since you sleep on them." Baekhyun then shots her sorry look but Saeron shrugs it off. It's not a big deal after all. When Saeron can feel her legs again, she then signals them that they can go.

 

Baekhyun is already playing with Hyun woo and then other kids in the park as Saer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter