Chapter 7

Hybrid Café

As Kris ordered for both of them Tao leaned back and enjoyed the view secretly. Kris looked absolutely stunning. He had his honey coloured hair styled back and wore a few piercings that had to be from Chrome Hearts in his ears. On his right ear a little cross dangled down and some silver studs were arranged along the curve of his ear. On his left ear a single, tiny wing graced his earlobe and to Tao it looked like the wing of a bat or a dragon. The chocolate coloured coat hung over the chair and Tao's eyes scanned over Kris' broad shoulders and beautiful back, hidden under a navy blue pullover and a white shirt he was wearing underneath it. The pullover had a v-neck and Kris had opened the shirt's buttons to show the smooth, slightly bronzed skin underneath. He wore a pair of washed out, blue jeans and a pair of dark brown leather boots. To put it simply, he was to die for. They had been walking around the city planlessly, window shopping and strolling through different parks before they had agreed on resting a litle bit in the café they were in now. While walking around they had stopped now and then to eat some street food and warm their hands with punch or coffee. Kris had shown him some beautiful, hidden places he had discovered while looking for motives and Tao felt like he had done a lifetime worth of talking and laughing with Kris. He hadn't enjoyed himself like this for a long time and he felt relaxed and comfortable in Kris' presence. And of course he was attracted to him. A lot. The whole time he couldn't help himself, stealing secret glances and admiring the handsome man. He blushed as he thought back to the scene in the park where he had kissed Kris on the cheek and he couln't resist from thinking that he'd gladly do it again, although he could imagine kissing him in other places too. He quickly blinked and mentally reminded himself of the fact that, although Kris liked him, it didn't mean that he should get his hopes up. Up until now Tao couldn't find any flaws and he couldn't help but wonder if Kris really was perfect or if he missed something.

"You okay?"

Tao lifted his head up and nearly jumped back as he looked straight into Kris' eyes.

"What?", he shrieked and mentally slapped himself for his stupid reactions. He had been like that the whole morning. Every time Kris came near him his heart started beating wildly and he felt himself blush. His tail didn't listen to him at all and Tao started to develop a grudge against the treacherous appendage. 'You couldn't be more obvious.' He shot Kris a glance before he quickly lowered his gaze, not able to look into the other's dark brown eyes.

"You look a bit tired, you okay?"

Tao nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks..."

Kris nodded and sat down on his chair vis-à-vis Tao.

"How- how about you? Are you tired?"

Kris lifted his gaze, looking a bit surprised at the other's question and shook his head, smiling his killer smile and Tao felt his heart skip a beat. 'Waah! So y! How can someone look so good!? I'm gonna die of heart failure, Jesus Christ!'

"Tao?"

The hybrid quickly looked up again and blinked.

"Yes?"

"Are you sure you're okay?", Kris asked and he looked worried again.

The elder leaned forward a bit and Tao felt his fingers brush away his fringe and suddendly there was a hand pressed to his forhead and Kris stared at him intensely as he bit his lip lightly. Tao's eyes twitched down and he stared at Kris's lips. They were red and both the bottom and the top lip were full, making it look like he was slightly pouting. 'I really wanna kiss him...' Tao caught himself right in time, holding himself back before he grabbed Kris by the collar and pulled him forward to press their lips together. 'Seriously this guy doesn't even know what he's doing!' He lifted his gaze back to Kris' eyes and caught him staring at him with a special kind of gaze before he noticed Tao looking at him and the look disappeared within a second, before Tao could pinpoint what exactly it meant. But that didn't mean Tao couldn't smell Kris' emotion. Cats had a very sensitive nose and Tao found that even as a hybrid he could smell specific emotions and he instinctively knew what they meant. And he definitely knew what Kris felt... He inhaled the dark, heavy, musky scent and a shiver ran down his spine. 'Arousal and Lust...'

"Ehem. You don't seem too hot. You looked a bit red and dazed for a while now and I thought you might have a slight fever but I don't think you have one."

Tao blinked as the scent weakened a bit. It was still very prominent and Tao felt a bit dizzy. He did feel a bit hot but that was surely just because Kris had been touching him and looking at him like that. Another shiver ran down his spine and straight to his gut. His stomach clenched a bit and he shifted on the chair, feeling a bit uncomfortable. 'What is wrong with me...!?'

"R-really? I feel a bit hot but that's probably because we're inside now", Tao replied and made a gesture around the café they were sitting in to emphasize on his words. Kris kept looking at him doubtfully for a few seconds before he nodded slowly. Just at that moment the waiter arrived with their coffee and a big piece of chocolate cake. 'Phew...' Tao raised a brow as he saw the cake and the two forks lying next to it on the plate and looked at Kris questioningly. The man smiled and pushed the plate to the middle of the small table as the waitor left with a quick 'please enjoy'.

"I was suddendly craving chocolate and I thought you'd might like some too."

Tao grinned and his eyes twinkled mischievously.

"You are my hero Kris! You know exactly what I need right now."

Kris looked a bit surprised at first but then his eyes twinkled and he started laughing.

"Well thank you. Please, don't hold back."

Tao giggled and grabbed the fork. He figured chocolate would be perfect right now to calm his hormones and nerves. And because chocolate. He broke off a piece of the tempting cake with his fork and loaded it on the object before he put it in his mouth.

"Mmmh... delicious", Tao sighed and closed his eyes as the sweet flavour filled his mouth and started chewing luxuriously.

He opened his eyes again after he swallowed and saw Kris smiling at him, chewing on a piece of the mouth-watering cake himself and nodding.

"It is delicious."

Tao smiled and they continued eating and drinking, silently enjoying the taste and the company. After they finished the cake Tao looked around and spotted a big watch on the wall to his far right.

"Quarter past five already!"

His eyes widened and Kris stopped drinking his coffee to look at the clock himself.

"You're right", he mumbled and quickly finished his coffee upon seeing Tao's cup already empty. Tao pouted slightly. The time had passed so quickly and he really didn't want to go home yet. He looked at Kris and noticed the slightly disappointed expression on his face as he returned the look and shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess we should get going."

Tao nodded and they stood up, put on their coats and Tao picked up the scarf.

"You wait here and put on your scarf. I'll be right back", Kris said and quickly walked towards the counter and pulled out the wallet from his back pocket before Tao could even protest. 'But he doesn't need to pay...' Tao frowned and waited until Kris returned, the tip of his tail only a few inches above the floor and twitching displeased. His brows furrowed and arms crossed he watched Kris as the man paid and returned to stand by his side.

"You don't have to pay my stuff you know."

Kris' looked at Tao, a bit confused at the other's obvious irritation and shrugged his shoulders.

"Why not? I like to."

Tao couln't help himself from turning red but he still felt a bit displeased. He didn't like people paying for him. His father had always told him that if someone paid for you, they expected something in return and you never knew what. He preferred to pay his half of the meals, even when he went out to eat with his best friend Kai. He was about to say something when a soft hand laid itself on his head and Kris gently rubbed his left ear between two fingers. An electric bolt ran through his body and a gasp escaped his lips. He blushed and quickly moved away from Kris so that his hand slipped from his head and landed on his shoulder. He tensed up as a shiver ran down his spine.

"S-stop that...", he whispered, utterly embarrassed at his reaction.

Kris immediately took his hand away and as Tao looked up, Kris looked down at him with a worried expression.

"I'm sorry I just-"

"It's okay! I- my ears... their sensitive. I- I was just a bit surprised, that's all."

Kris furrowed his brows and nodded.

"Sorry, I... can't seem to control myself... so, your ears are a bit like your tail?"

Tao nodded slowly, and started to explain.

"Yeah, kind of. Not all hybrids like it if you touch their ears, because they are so sensitive and if you're to rough it hurts quite a bit. The tail is... well, the same but a bit robuster. The base is especially sensitive and even real cats really like it if you touch or rub their back right at the base of the tail, though there are exceptions... Generally hybrids only let friends or... lovers touch their ears and tail."

"I see... did it hurt?"

Tao blinked a few times before he understood what Kris meant. He started blushing again and his tail quivered. 

"N-no... It... felt good but I was a bit surprised...", Tao mumbled. 'Yeah right. More like you idiot-cat.'

Kris nodded and smiled, looking a bit relieved. He lifted his hand again, this time slowly and Tao followed it with his eyes, his ears twitching lightly and his tail unconciously stood up like a stick, quivering madly. This time he managed to hold back the gasp but he couldn't control his blushing unfortunately and he thought Kris must think he looked like a trembling, tomato. Kris' fingertips grazed over the tip of his ear and then he started softly scratching the base of Tao's ear. Without even thinking about it, Tao leaned in to the touch and his eyes fluttered closed. 'Aaah...' He felt his body tremble and heat started to coil in his stomach.

"Feel good?"

Tao purred a few seconds and leaned into the touch more when Kris moved his fingers up and down a bit, gently brushing the ear and massaging the tip between his thumb and index finger. Through the haze in his mind he heard Kris chuckle and slowly realised what he was doing. His eyes flew wide open and he quickly stepped away, hands covering his face and trying to stop the fast pants slipping past his lips. His heart was beating like crazy again and he felt his ears and tail become sensitive, quivering and twitching. He turned around and hurried to the entrance. He opened the door and fled outside where he crossed the street and stood away from the people under a tree.

"This is getting bad..."