Chapter 2

Hybrid Café

"Kris hyung!"

Kris tore his gaze away from the facinating cat hybrid and turned towards the entrance.

"Jongdae..."

"Jongdae...", the man with the curly, brown hair mimicked Kris and let himself fall into the chair opposite of the older. "What's with that lame greeting? Aren't you happy to see me? We haven't seen each other for weeks!"

Kris scoffed and eyed the man in front of him. 'A perm...?' He furrowed his brows as he saw the bouncy locks on top of his friends head, parted in the middle and falling to the height of his eyebrows. Apart from the hair he looked exactly the same. His eyes were twinkling with mischief and his high cheeckbones made him look a tiny bit sharper. The corners of his mouth were turned upwards and Kris had always found it facinating that it didn't matter in what mood Jongdae was, his mouth was always smiling.

"You're ing late you idiot."

Jongdae grinned and took off his jacket, hanging it over the back of his chair like Kris had, after he had felt a bit hot in the café.

"Sorry, I had... business to take care of."

Kris raised his brow and looked at Jongdae, but didn't question him. 'God knows what he's planning again. I don't even wanna know.'

"So how's Lay doing?", he asked instead.

Jongdae immediatly smiled at the mentioning of his husband and Kris swore he could see sparkles flying around him. 'Such a fairy...'

"He's doing great. We're thinking about getting a cat."

Kris smiled at the thought.

"A new family member? That would be so cute."

Jongdae nodded his head hard and a few hearts joined the sparkles around him. 'Jesus Christ it's a Shojou Manga!' At that moment the younger looked to the side and stood up so fast, the chair almost fell backwards and opened his arms, grinning like an idiot. A second later a huge object threw itself into Jongdae's arms, squealing and almost throwing Jongdae to the floor. Kris watched with wide eyes as the waiter that had brought him his Cappuccino hugged Jongdae so hard, it looked like he was crushing him and pressed his cheek against Jongdae's. 'Is he PURRING?'

"Jongdae hyung!! I missed you so much! Where have you been? What have you done? How's Lay? Have you decided on a cat? What are you going to name it? Did you already buy stuff for it? Don't tell me you already bought one without telling me! You didn't, right?"

Kris' mouth fell open at the attack on his friend. 'So different from his appearance!' He felt like the man had completely changed, as soon as he had seen Jongdae. He had thought the man would be quiet and reserved, perhaps a bit scary, based on his appearance but the only words that came to his mind now were adjectives like adorable, cute, fluffy and sparkly. He watched with slight amusement as the hybrid's tail wrapped itself around Chen's thigh and the boy's eyes sparkled with joy as he almost seemed to jump up and down, waiting for the other to answer his questions. Jongdae just lauged and patted the man's hair, gently pushing him away from him, trying to get back some of his private space.

"Calm down Tao", he chuckled, "I was here two days ago. That's not long at all."

The hybrid, Tao as Kris figured, as Jongdae had called him that, started pouting.

"But I missed you..."

Jongdae grinned and hugged the man tightly.

"Awww you're so freaking cute! I missed you too!!"

The hybrid started smiling like crazy and clutched his hyung's pullover at the front as the man hugged him tightly. At that moment Kris coughed akwardly, trying to remind Jongdae that he was still there. He didn't do it with the intention of having Jongdae introduce him to the hot waiter. Not at all.

"Oh right! Sorry, Kris hyung", Jongdae said and hurriedly stood back, next to the cat hybrid and smiled at the man.

"Kris, meet Tao. Tao this is my friend, Kris."

Kris smiled at Tao and bowed lightly.

"Nice to meet you."

Tao's eyes twitched from Kris to Jongdae and back to Kris. And back to Jongdae.

"Are you sure he is your friend hyung?"

Jongdae furrowed his brows at the younger's question and shot Kris a glance before responding.

"Of course he is! Why wouldn't he?"

"He's hot."

Kris almost choked on his coffee and started coughing at the blunt statement. Jongdae on the other hand looked at Tao confused.

"Yeah? But why wouldn't he be my friend?"

"You don't have friends that look like they just jumped out of one of the fashion magazines we have here", the hybrid answered without batting an eye and eyed Kris curiously. "And he looks kinda scary."

At that Kris looked at the younger man with a slightly hurt expression and wondered if the man always said what he thought in front of people he didn't know at all. Jongdae just grinned as he saw his hyung's expression.

"Well, yeah he does but so do you Tao. You scare away the customers with your ninja-like reactions and your murderous glare."

The man gasped, scandalized at that and poked a finger in Jongdae's chest with a shocked expression.

"Am not! That's mean hyung!"

Kris chuckled at Tao's hilarious expression and had to bite his lip to refrain himself from laughing at Chen's smug grin and playful look. 'The troll has attacked again.' He saw a faint blush coat the hybrid's cheeks and noticed the cat ears twitching nervously as he glanced into Kris' direction and looked away again hurriedly. 'Cute.' Jongdae noticed Kris' interested look and Tao's slight blush and he couldn't hold back a grin. He ruffled through Tao's hair and ignored the other's mumbled curse as he ruined his perfecly styled hair and fell back on the chair. He smirked at Kris as the corner of the man's mouth twitched and ordered a Latte Macchiato. Grumbling and pulling at his hair Tao left to process the order, the tip of his tail twitching from left to right quickly as he walked towards the barista bar and started talking to the other hybrid with the antlers, Kris' eyes not leaving him once, scanning his backside in secret and noticing the hybrid's pretty, round .

"He's cute right?"

Kris looked back at Jongdae and saw him looking at him with a cheeky grin on his face. He felt his ears turn hot and quickly took a sip of his coffee.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"You should leave him your number."

Kris' eyes widened and he quickly shook his head and held his hands in front of himself for protection.

"Oh no Kim Jongdae. Don't you dare start!"

Jongdae cackled and fished out a pen from the pocket of his coat.