Chapter 37

Hybrid Café

From: Kris <3
To: Tao

R u okay? U r sending kinda weird vibes...

 

From: Tao
To: Kris <3

I'm fine! Don't worry.

 

Tao groaned and threw the phone somewhere onto the bed. He moved back into the curled up position and hugged his stomach. 'ing heat...' His breath was coming in short, rushed huffs and his whole skin tingled with heat and desire. Once again the heat had completely surprised him and he had given up on cursing himself out for not paying attention and noticing the signs earlier when the heat had gotten too strong. He couldn't even move enough to stand up and get more surpressants. His legs were like jelly and his mind dizzy and clouded. His heart was beating hard and he whimpered as a new wave of heat and pain rolled over him. Although he felt like he was slowly going crazy he was way too embarrassed to ask Kris for help. 'That's basically like asking him to have with me! NO WAY!' He shuddered in slight panic at the thought. If Kris was here it wouldn't be a problem but the man was working late today and still hadn't returned home. There was no way Tao would ask him to come home because he was in heat. He was still too embarrassed and shy to ask something like that and normally he could bare it but this time...

"Jesus Christ", he groaned and his whole body trembled.

His was painfully hard and his whole body ached for release. But Tao knew that if he would try to relieve himself it would only get worse afterwards. He closed his eyes and bit his lip, praying for a bit of easing. 'This has been going on since this morning... please just stop!' A tear rolled down his face and he moaned out loud as another wave of heat started building up.

 

---

 

Kris furrowed his brows as he read the text. 'He doesn't seem fine...' Since this morning he had been feeling a bit weird and it had taken him a while to realise it was coming from the bond and with that from Tao and not himself. With time they had found out that with big distance the connection of the bond changed a bit and they couldn't communicate over it. And with that the emotions got more difficult to decipher. He couldn't really figure out what was going on inside Tao and he sighed, feeling a bit aggravated and frustrated. 'Is he really okay...? Should I call him?' He felt a bit worried but Tao had texted that he was fine... He decided to have trust in Tao's answer and he figured that the man could solve the problem or whatever was making him feel uncomfortable himself. He was too protective over him anyways and Tao was a grown, free man. 'Although he's mine...' He automatically grinned and growled lightly at the thought and Chanyeol eyed him carefully.

"Chill..."

"What?"

"You're growling and you look... kind of creepy... you're scaring the intern."

Kris lifted his head and turned to look at the young woman standing a few feet away from him and was looking at him with wide eyes and a scared expression. She was holding a pair of documents in hands and it looked like she held them in front of herself like a shield. Kris sighed. 'Great. So much to self-control and making a good impression.'  He tried smiling at the woman.

"Are those for me?"

"Y-Y-Yes Sir!", the woman spluttered and almost threw the papers into Kris' direction before she her heels and speedwalked away from him.

Chanyeol cackled and hit Kris' shoulder.

"I mean, I always thought you were a bit scary but she looks like she thinks you'll eat her alive. Perhaps you should show her your teeth..."

Kris shot a murderous glare into Chanyeols direction and before he realised it he had growled warningly at the hybrid and his eyes flashed red. He still had a bit of trouble controlling his new found power and quick, dominant anger towards other people. Chanyeol winced and his tail stopped wagging from side to side to be tucked between his legs in a protective instinct.

"Sorry... Jesus, you don't have to kill me."

Kris shook his head and patted Chanyeol's arm in an apology.

"Sorry, I didn't- I'm not feeling too well..."

"Well that I figured. What's wrong?"

Kris ran a hand through his hair and looked at the man sitting in a chair next to him. Fortunately Chanyeol wasn't resentful and always shrugged Kris' dominant warnings off without really caring. The fluffy ears were standing up in an interested manner and his tail started wagging from side to side softly, showing his curiosity.

"Don't worry about it. What date do we have today?", he said while sorting out the documents on his table.

"The 19th."

Kris' eyes widened in realisation. Suddendly everything made sense. All the signs he had unconciously picked up from Tao, his increasing nervousness and sensitivity the last few days and his restlessness. How did he not realise earlier!? '. He's probably in heat!' He feverishly searched his brain, wondering if they still had surpressants in the house.

"Oh no... that stupid idiot!"

He remembered that last month Tao had almost finished all of them because Kris had been in China for four days to deal with a curator that was interested in a few of his paintings. His heart ached as he thought back to how much the poor hybrid must have suffered. After he had returned he had found out from a pretty pissed off Kai that Tao had been in quite a bad state although he had taken even more surpressants than normally. 'That idiot! He's probably too embarrassed to tell me again!' He jumped up and grabbed the coat that was hanging over his chair. Chanyeol looked at him with wide eyes and head tilted to the right.

"Where are you going?"

"Home. Can you tell Suho I have something important to do? It's about Tao."

The dog hybrid nodded. Puzzled and a bit surprised he watched as the elder stormed out of the office without another word.

"Weird..."