Chapter 36

Hybrid Café

"Hey kitten", Kris mumbled and let his coat fall to the floor as the man came rushing through the hallway and hugged him tightly.

"Welcome back. How was your day?", the younger asked and smiled up to him.

Kris felt his heart skip a beat and he couldn't resist. He ran his fingers into the younger's hair and pulled his head back a little to kiss him. Tao released a pleased little sound as their lips connected and he opened them immediately. Kris let his tongue slip past the hybrid's lips and he felt a wave of growing pleasure run through his body. After a few minutes Tao was panting and blushing, clutching onto Kris with glazed eyes and glistening lips.

"I missed you", Kris grumbled and kissed the mark on the side of the hybrid's neck, making him whimper and tighten his grip on Kris' thin pullover.

Tao smiled as his heart skipped a beat and his chest grew all warm and fuzzy.

"I missed you too..."

Kris smiled and nuzzled his face into Tao's silky hair, pulling the man closer and locking his fingers together just above the younger's . He felt a warm wave of comfort and happiness coming from Tao and he pecked the left ear on his head before Tao loosened his hold on him and they parted. Tao picked up the coat Kris had thrown to the floor so he could hug his mate properly and smiled at him cutely. Kris watched how Tao hanged the coat up in the cupboard and moved behind him to give his mate a backhug and pull him against his body.

"How was your day?"

"I asked you first."

Kris chuckled and Tao lay his hands on top of Kris'.

"It was fine. A bit exhausting but fine. Although Chanyeol still asks me loads of stuff... I have no idea how he comes up with these questions, he sure is weird. I almost chopped his head off as he asked me if I could fly him to his grandparent's house."

Tao heard Kris growl at the thought of that and giggled.

"Would you fly me to my grandparent's house?", he asked and leaned his head back against Kris' shoulder to blink at him innocently.

Kris scoffed and nudged him in the back of his leg with his knee.

"Your grandparents live in China!"

Tao laughed and kissed the man's neck gently.

"I'm joking."

"I know. We could try it though..."

"Jesus no! I'd freeze my off on top of you! I prefer a plane, thank you."

Kris pouted playfully and released Tao from his hold. He started walking to the living room and acted like he was hurt.

"How mean! I'm offering you to fly you all the way to China and you insult me like that. You should be a bit nicer to your mate."

Tao was glad Kris didn't see him as he was still in the hallway. He still blushed at the word. 'Mate...' Aside from his embarrassement he was happy. He felt so loved, so secure and protected. Kris was always there for him and he made an effort to help his lover as much as possible with his new transition into the shapeshifter life. Kris had been taking 'classes' and with the help of a renowned and very friendly teacher specialised on Dragonshifters he had learned to control the transformations and the power resting within him. It was only about a month ago that Kris had started taking lessons. Tao smiled as he thought back to how he had accompanied Kris to every class like the man had asked him to and blushed at how stupidly happy he had been about the thought that Kris wanted him, needed him there.

"You made dinner?"

Tao nodded and looked at Kris who had poked his head out of the living room and was looking at him excitedly. Kris started smiling happily and Tao felt like his heart was going to explode.

"You're the best. I love you! Come here!"

Tao giggled as his cheeks turned a deep red and Kris stepped towards him with open arms and a happy expression on his face. 'So easy to please...' He sighed contently as the elder captured him in his strong arms and pulled him into a warm, loving embrace.

"Thanks for making supper kitten. I could have helped you though...", he whispered and Tao smiled into the elder's chest.

"You're welcome. And I know that you could have helped me but after you burned my favourite pan I'm not letting you near my kitchen ever again."

Kris laughed akwardly.

"Ahh... I'm sorry...?"

Tao grinned and let his hands slide over Kris' sides and to his lower back. He dug his fingers into the skin right at the spot where his started and pulled Kris closer.

"Better be. That was expensive..."

Kris growled low in his throat and he felt Tao shudder. The man was driving him crazy with all his ual touches and arousing movements. He lifted his arm to grab Tao by the neck but the other quickly wrapped his tail around his wrist and tugged at it. He leaned back and Kris looked into a pair of green eyes.

"The food's gonna get cold."

Kris groaned as Tao slipped past him in one fluid motion and stood in the kitchen a second later. He adjusted his pants and moved to the living room. The elder leaned onto the doorframe that connected the kitchen and the living room in Tao's house and watched how his mate opened a pot and set the lid aside before he carried the deliciously smelling food to the table. He felt his heart grow warm as he lovingly observed how Tao lit the candle in the middle of the table and took the bottle of wine in his hands.

"Are we celebrating something?", he asked, voice still a bit rough and deep.

"Do we need a reason to have a nice dinner and drink wine?", Tao responded and stuck his tongue out playfully. "You have to open the bottle..."

Kris grinned and moved forward to take the bottle from Tao's hand. He intentionally brushed his fingers against the hybrid's and his eyes flashed a quick red as Tao bit his lip and looked at Kris with a heated gaze.

"You made me hard..."

"You started it."