Chapter 22

Hybrid Café

"Ooo...kay."

Suho looked at the slumped figure sitting in the dark in front of his door and rose a brow. 'Seriously. You go out to eat and when you come home there's people camping in front of your door. What world do we live in?'

"Listen. If you're homeless you're not gonna sleep in front of my door. That's just... weird."

The figure slowly lifted it's head and looked at him with a blank face.

" you."

"Kris!?"

The man observed how Suho's, his best friend's, mouth formed a perfect 'o' and scoffed. 'What an . I'm not homeless! How can you not recognize your own friend?' Suho opened his crossed arms and held them in front of himself, open palms facing towards the ceiling and shrugged his shoulders.

"What?", he said with another shrug. "You look like ."

Kris made a face and ran a hand through his hair. 'ing .' The younger shuffled past him and kicked him in the shoulder with his knee in the process. Kris almost crashed into the doorframe and shot an accusing look at his friends face as a soft buzzing started to creep from his shoulder down his upper arm like an anthill gone wild.

"What was that for!?"

"What!? You're the one sitting in the way! If you wanna come inside and get drunk before you cry a river in front of my apartment and flood the whole building get up, you huge idiot. I'm gonna forward the bills to you if the fire brigade has to come pump out the ocean you made."

Kris furrowed his brows. 'Seriously... since when is this guy such an ?' He groaned as he got up. His back was hurting, his was sore from the long sitting on the cold stones in front of Suho's aparment and his neck was stiff. He was cold and his eyes were probably swollen and red. If he thought about it he probably did look like . The man followed after Suho as the other opened the door and let the two of them in. As soon as they were inside they took off the shoes and Kris slowly shuffled towards the living room where he let himself fall on the sofa, face forward and hands not fast enough to catch himself he groaned as his nose got crushed.  He shot up as a soft but quite heavy object made a crash landing on the back of his head. As he rose himself, the object fell down and landed in his lap. 'A blanket...'

"The ... don't stare at it you retard. You should wrap the blanket around yourself like a good boy and shut up and groaning until I get back with the beer."

"Suhooo~", Kris whined after the man as he watched him leave for the kitchen.

He wrapped the fluffy, red blanket around himself and pulled it up to his chin. As Suho returned with a tray full of beers he was all warmed up. Without a word Suho handed Kris an opened bottle and watched with slightly raised brows as a hand shot out out the red cocoon and grabbed the bottle. Kris gulped down the whole bottle in one go. Suho handed Kris his own, already open bottle and took a new one for himself before he tossed himself next to Kris who was sitting on the couch with his legs crossed and looking like . His hair was standing off in every direction and his eyes were red and swollen. He looked completely exhausted and sad. He took a sip of his beer and observed his friend wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and reaching for another bottle. 'Okay... well... what do I do with that?' He slung an arm around Kris' shoulder just as the other was about to gulp down the content of the third bottle. He pulled Kris closer to him and the other immediately leaned into him and rested his head on Suho's shoulder, the beer in his hand forgotten and resting on his knee. They stayed like that for a while, not saying anything and staring at nothing. As Suho heard Kris sniffle he softly rubbed his upper arm and scratched his back in soft, big circles.

"Do you love him?"

Kris froze completely.

"What?"

"You heard me."

Kris took a deep breath and thought about that question. 'Do I love Tao?' He smiled faintly as his heart immediately skipped a beat and the answer popped into his head like it had always been there. It was like there was no doubt. He had known it for a long time actually but he had never really, honestly thought about it. The cute, blushing but feisty hybrid had somehow crept into his heart without Kris noticing. 'What a sly man...'

"Yeah... I- I do."

Suho nodded.

"Did you get rejected?"

Kris sat up in an upright position and tilted his head a bit.

"I... don't think so. We- I-"

Suho looked at him with an understanding look on his face.

"Fight?"

Kris nodded and his shoulder's slumped as he thought back to the fight between the two of them.

"I completely overreacted... and I ran away", he whispered and buried his face in his hands.

"Then", Suho said while he slapped the back of Kris' head, "what the are you doing here?"

Kris rubbed the back of his head and shot a murderous look in his friends direction who just looked at him with crossed arms and raised brows.

"Right. Now get the out and sort things out. I want to watch TV."

Kris growled and kicked Suho's upper leg with such force the other toppled over and fell off the sofa. With a satisfied grin Kris slammed the bottle in his hand on the table and got up.

"Serves you right you crazy er."