Chapter 25

Hybrid Café

"You're such a sly man Kris...", Tao wispered and smiled softly, rubbing his forehead against Kris' in a gentle, catlike manner.

His heart felt like it was going to explode. But not because of the pain and bitterness, it was something else. Something he only had ever felt for his best friend and his grandmother. But at the same time it was something else, something was completely different. 'Such a cunning man... stealing my heart like that.' He closed his eyes, the feelings getting too much to handle and he felt tears well up again.

"Say that again...", Tao whispered and he felt his heart skip a beat as Kris' fingers gently massaged his ears and he tightened the hold of his tail around the elder's waist.

A chuckle escaped Kris' lips and weirdly he couldn't stop smiling. The silky fur of the tail sent bolts of electricity through his whole body and he shivered. His heart felt like it was flowing over with love. Love for Tao, love for the beautiful, unique, fascinating hybrid he had met and completely fallen for. The younger had him in the palm of his hand and he knew it but Tao... he took his vulnerable, exposed heart and gently held it in his hands like a treasure. He locked it in behind his fingers and kept it warm and secure. He protected it.

"I love you Tao. I love you so much...", Kris whispered.

Tao blushed and bit his lip lightly before releasing it again. His eyes were closed but he knew Kris was looking at him, it was like his gaze tickled over Tao's skin. He held his breath and let his hands slide from Kris' chest to his neck and up to his cheeks. He cupped them in his hands and opened his eyes. Their gazes locked and Tao's heart started racing. Without realising it his thumb gently rubbed over Kris' bottom lip. The elder looked at him, eyes hot and intense but at the same time so vulnerable and loving.

"I... I love you too Kris. I really do...", Tao said with tears in his eyes, unbelieving and surprised at his own words. "I love you", he repeated, astonished at his heart and mind's realization.

"Kitten...Are you sure?"; Kris forced himself to ask. It couldn't be...

Tao whimpered as Kris' breath gosted over his fingertip and the other's lips moved over his thumb as he spoke.

"Yes", he replied, serious and honest.

Kris' eyes scanned over his face questioningly and oh so hopeful. But he saw it in Tao's beautiful eyes. 'He loves me too... he loves me too!' His hands shot down from Tao's ears and took a firm hold of his face. His tongue shot forward and softly over the tip of Tao's thumb before he gently kissed it. The younger's eyes widened and he opened his mouth slightly as a gasp escaped through them. Kris felt the other shudder and he couldn't hold back anymore. He gave him a last fiery look before he closed the distance between them and captured Tao's lips in a dominant kiss. He leaned forward and made the younger arch while leaning back. He softly nibbled on the younger's full bottom lip and swiped the tip of his wet tongue across it. Tao's fingers clawed into Kris' wide shoulders for support and the younger gave himself to Kris completely. There was no going back and he knew it. But he knew he was ready and Kris, he was the right one.

"It's you", he whispered.

The elder stopped as his ears picked up the whisper and his eyes opened and widened as Tao looked at him with mildly glowing, dark green eyes and the pupils formed like slits. The younger pushed hard against Kris shoulders and the elder fell on his back, unprepared and surprised at Tao's strength. The hybrid uncurled his tail and freed it from underneath Kris. The tip gently skipped over Kris' covered side until it slid down the elder's arm and curled around his wrist and into his hand while Tao straddled Kris by sitting on his thighs and laying his hands on his broad chest. The elder sighed shakily and closed his hand into a loose fist, holding the tip of the tail in his palm. He lifted the hand in front of his mouth and opened it. He looked into Tao's eyes and kissed the tip of the tail softly before he closed his hand again and softly squeezed the tail.

"I'm gonna make you mine, Tao, completely and fully mine. You know that don't you?"

Tao shivered on top of the elder as the dominant words tickled his ears and Kris looked at him with his pupils blown and full lips slightly parted. His eyes made Tao aware that he meant it, strong and dominant but at the same time they were incredibly soft and loving, it felt like the gaze caressed over his face until it stopped at his lips. He bit his bottom lip and a shiver ran down his spine as Kris growled lowly.

"You can still stop...", the elder whispered, his eyes jerking back and forth between the hybrid's eyes and lips.

Tao blinked and locked his eyes with Kris'. He intertwined his fingers with Kris' free hand and lifted the other hand to cup Kris' face before he let it slide down the elder's neck and to his collarbone.

"No", he whispered. "It's you... Kris, it has to be you."

The elder bit back a moan and clenched his fingers into Tao's hand. 'This man is gonna drive me insane!' He sat up and Tao leaned back a little bit. He tried to make himself look serious and not like a desperate man, trying to keep a hold of his last bit of self-control.

"Tao, kitten. You won't be able to go back."

Tao scoffed and furrowed his brows. But then he smiled and leaned closer until their lips almost touched and pressed his full body against the elder, making him shiver and bite back a groan.

"You neither."