TWENTY NINE

Decode Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait. Senders. As in plural. More than one?”

Jena can’t hide her surprise. What the hell. How many people actually want to hurt her family? What is their fault anyway?

“Yes. And what is more surprising? Their IP address are coming from Tuan’s and Kim’s companies.”

Haseul jaw’s drop. “What the—”

“—hell. That’s right. The enemies are around us. So I wisely advice you not to trust anyone easily in this company.”

Yeah. There is nothing more hell than having enemy around you. Like what people said, your enemy is closer than your closest friend.

“Right. And Nana, you need a legal team to investigate this case. You know? I think it’s relating to the past. I think our parents know but they kept it so well. I can’t find anything. Even my trusted person can’t break it.”

Jackson clears his throat. He leans closer to the table. Judging from his face, Jena and Haseul guess he already had something in his mind.

“I know someone who exactly can help us.”

“Who?” The two answer Jackson almost in the same time, earning a satisfy smile from Jackson. Although they really hate how they make Jackson being full of himself, they can’t help to feel curious.

“Johnny.”

Jena cough hard as she chokes her spit. The name Jackson had mentioned surprise the hell out of her.

“Ya. Nana. You okay?” Haseul whacks Jackson head. “Micheosseo? Why did you say his name?”

She taps her chest hard to ease the pain she feels due to the cough. While Jackson is nursing his head. Haseul is hitting his head greatly.

“YA! Listen to me first. First of all, Johnny has one of the biggest law firm in LA. Second, he is –probably— I repeat: probably will help us without doubt. And third, they are Tuan’s legal team. I’m sure they have enough information for us. With Johnny on our side, don’t you think it’ll be way easier for us?”

“What you mean with Tuan’s legal team?”

Jackson knocks on his head. He forget to tell Jena this information.

“Ah, sorry. His law firm and Tuan’s are working together for this case.”

“I get it.”

“Good.”

“But, Nana? Ya! Why you suggest him?! He is a big flirt!”

“I know! And it’s not like I approve he moves an inch closer to my baby! Just think the benefit.”

Haseul exhales loudly. This is so frustrating. They know so well how Johnny and Jena’s relationship. Johnny is big flirt just like what Haseul said and Jena is always play along with him. As if they are in a relationship while truthfully no.

They just... too close for Haseul and Jackson like. While for Seunghee, he is so cute and charming, suit for Jena. She always blabbering this and that about how cute is it going to be if Jena and Johnny really a couple. While Mark, Ahra, and Jeno are too tire to do anything about them. As long as Jena and Johnny know the boundary they are fine with it.

Haseul shrugs carelessly.

A knock stop the best friends from talking. They see Junho is coming a moment later.

“I’m sorry to disturb you kids. But the directors are here to report the revision.”

“Okay, oppa. Thanks for your information.”

As Junho out of the sight, Jackson and Haseul stand up, ready to leave.

“You better think about it carefully, Nana.” Haseul says, in hope Jena not even considering what Jackson said.

“I hope you think about my suggestion.” Haseul immediately throw dirty glare to Jackson that the latter reply with innocent smile. “You work hard, little bear! Talk to you again later.”

The boys hug Jena before they leave her to continue her work. Hours passed as finally her work time is over. She is massaging her shoulder as she feels she is going to fall asleep right here. This is so tiring and how come she can survive for God only knows how long? Six hour reading all the documents in front of her is no joke.

Her phone is ringing as Mark’s name flashes on the screen.

“Hello,” She greets her brother with her tired voice.

“You still at work? I’m surprise. How is your first day, Nana?”

She is groaning. “Barely alive. How the hell you can sit here without doing anything but signing and reviewing?!”

“It called responsibility, Nana. Soon you’re going to be in the same position as you do right now.”

“Come back quickly!” Mark is chuckling. Talking to Jena is only the way he eases the burden he felt. Jena is always being the vitamin. She is always be here to cheer his tiring days. And he feels grateful to have her as sister. A soft smile appears on his lips.

“How’s mom and dad?”

“Good for now. They miss you.”

“Me too.”

“Anyway, I hear something. Did you really fire director Yoon?” Oh, the news is really fast, huh? She chuckles nervously as she hears Mark sighing but soon he is chuckling. He doesn’t know why he found this situation is kinda funny? All this time, he tries to find some proof to fire director Yoon all this time. He will never do something risky without thinking and finding some proof first.

He already found director Yoon is kind of suspicious. But he has no enough proof to fire him. But Jena did it. She fire him without thinking about it carefully. Losing director Yoon actually not a big lost anyway.

As for Jena, she confusedly eyeing her phone as if Mark is going crazy. “Don’t you feel angry on me? I fired your people. Because... Hell! I have my reason! He—”

“I know. I feel so proud on you, siste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter