You're in!

Competition Rivals

YOUR POV:

I wake up from my mom's yelling. I looked over to my side table and looked at the alarm clock. It was already 2PM. I stayed up till 6AM practicing for my performance. Today's Saturday. Today is the Dance-Off, which is hosted every Saturday at the secret dance club in Seoul. A lot of people go there. It's a SECRET dance club, but everyone knows about it.  The Dance-Off was usually at 5PM till 9PM. Anybody can join the dance-off. It was 4 hours long every Saturday because of the heavy competition. Each person or group must prepare at least 3 dances, so they can pick winners of each round and break it down to three performers. 

I had nothing to worry about. There was no dance that I COULDN'T do. I always practiced. Ever since I was 14, right after Lee Howon had left. It was my stress reliever. And that's not all. I also love to SING. Dancing and Singing was also one of the few ways I could challenge people and win. 

I got up and went to brush my teeth. I changed into my dance outfit. This week's dance competition was to dance to any song from KARA. I practically died for this. I danced to the song and added some freestyle moves so it would be sort of my own made up dance. 

I decided to dance to KARA's Mister since it was a cool song to dance to. I really liked the dance. I thought it was pretty cute. Since I'm a dance teacher, the students in my class are my back up dancers. They are just a few years younger than me. 

After I changed into my outfit, I wore a hoodie over my outfit. I brought a change of clothes, a towel, and a water bottle. I then headed to my dance studio room. I dropped off my things and danced to the song until it was already 4:30PM. The interesting thing about the competition was that, they would give you the artist you are supposed to dance to, and then they keep the second and third dance a secret. This was to keep people curious and people don't have to work so hard. Hehe ^.^

At around 4:30PM, I left the dance studio with some of my students who decided for me to take them all. We all walked to the secret club. It was underground. I took off my hoodie and tried to look around. I went up to the DJ.

"Yah, Doojoon oppa. Anyone new here you see?" I said still looking around.

"Well not really. Just some girls who wants to try to beat you" Doojoon oppa said.

"There's always a group of girls who want to beat me. Do you think I can win?" I said.

"Of course. When have you ever lost?" Doojoon oppa said. I smiled.

Well it was a weekly thing. Even if I kept winning, I would get scared to think I would finally lose to someone. I'm afraid of something to happen like that. Because then it would bring back memories to Lee Howon. Now that I think about it, it has been TOO peaceful. I mean I guess I sort of missed when we both competed for things. It was fun. But I guess beating other people is the same. 

"Thanks oppa" I said and side hugged him. I then got off and went to go talk to my students. I put my hands on my knees and started to talk to them.

"Okay guys. Just dance to what you've been taught, arrasso? It doesn't matter if we win. Okay? It's for fun" I said giving them encouragement.

"Looks like you're a good teacher" I heard someone say. I turned around and saw the one kingka from my school. I don't really pay attention to him, and plus I don't even know his name. Poop.

"Oh thanks----" I said waiting for him to say his name.

"Byun Baek Hyun. I'm from your school." he said.

"Oh chincha? That's cool" I said lying that I didn't know he went to my school.

"Yeah. Can't wait to see you up there" he said and walked away. It made me even more nervous. Why? I'm not so sure.

I was walking back and forth biting my nails. I was SUPER DUPER nervous. 

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. BOYS AND GIRLS. LET THE DANCE-OFF BEGIN" the announcer said through the microphone. 

*Oh crap. It's time for the competition to begin* Okay. You know what. No time to become nervous. Confident. Ji Eun. Confidence. I was now confident in beating everyone in the whole building. 

"Where's Song Ji Eun? Song Ji Eun. Please come up to the stage" the MC said. I walked up to the stage. The announcer was just telling people how I won last week's dance-off. Same old. Same old.

"This is Song Ji Eun. I'm pretty sure most of you guys know who she is. She's won every single competition since she was 14. It's been exactly 4 years. She's a master. She's a teacher. She's the most competitive dancer you'll meet. She lets no one beat her. If you have the guts to come up here and challenge her, please come up to the stage." 

I looked at the MC. What was going on? This has never happened before. The MC NEVER asked anyone to challenge me. 

"What's going on?" I whispered to the MC.

"From now-on, every Saturday , the competition will end shorter than usual. The competition rules have changed due to our new boss of the club." 

"Who's the new boss?" I asked.

"Well, it's the legendary Tablo." the MC said.

My eyes widened and jaw dropped. "TABLO?!" I screamed, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" 

"Yes. It's true. Only 10 groups or solo dancers can be in the competition. The audition starts today. Tablo will be the judge of choosing those Top 10. Anybody who doesn't think they will have the ability to audition, please leave. Anybody who thinks they have a chance can stay. I advise all the non dancers to go home, because there is no competition today. But remember to come back next week, when the REAL competition starts." The MC said.

After the MC stopped talking, everyone cleared the room. About 50 groups stayed. Boy, this is going to take awhile. Auditions were usually long. Since we have 50 groups, 4 hours is probably not enough.

There was a separate room for auditions. The weird part? You were being filmed in the audition room. The filming lets the people outside of the room to know what's going on inside the audition room. (It's like Dream High audition.)

"Song Ji Eun. You are up first" I heard the MC say. I was beyond nervous. My students weren't really part of my dance because I only let them back-up dance just for fun. I walked into the room and I saw Tablo right before my eyes. 

"Number 1. Song Ji Eun." one of the judges said.

"Ne." I said and raised my hand.

"You may begin" the judge said.

The music and I danced my heart out. I added my freestyle moves and after the music stop, I finished. I was sweating like crazy, and I was all tired out. I bowed and waited for the judges to speak.

"So, Song Ji Eun. When did you start dancing?" one of the judges said.

"Since I was 14."  I said.

"Very impressive. Why do you like to dance?" one of the judges said. 

I never thought of it before. Sure I loved it, but then I realized, I just wanted to beat someone at something because after all those years of Howon beating me. I made up a long and good response before answering.

"Honestly, I wasn't interested in dancing at first. But then we had dancing for one of the curriculums in P.E. We learned all types of dances for 4 weeks. After the unit ended, I sort of felt like I can do more with it. I really do love dancing. It relieves my stress. I love teaching my students to dance and move however they want." I said.

The judges all looked at each other and nodded their heads.

"YOU'RE IN. Congratulations." Tablo said.

I was so happy. I actually got in. I thought I would never be able to pass because I was dancing in front of Tablo! The musical genius. I listen to his music all the time. "Kamsamida! Kamsanmida! Kamsanmida!" I said and bowed each time I said it. 

I walked out of the audition room and everyone congratulated me. I thanked them all for their kind words. I grabbed my stuff and left. I was walking when I heard someone. 

"Hey. Congratulations Ji Eun". 

I turned around, "Thanks Baek Hyun" 

I waved goodbye and started walking home. 

When I got home I was attacked by a couple of questions. 

"Why are you home so early? Did something happen at the competition?" my appa said.

"YES. SOMETHING BIG DID HAPPEN! " I said and told them everything that happened at the club.

"Wow. You had to audition in front of Tablo?" my eomma said.

"Yeah and I made it!" I said.

"Congrats honey" my parents said and hugged me. They released me really quick, "Now go take a shower, will ya?" 

"Arasso." I said and walked up the stairs. I went into the bathroom and took a long relaxing shower. I finished and called Jiyeon. She didn't get to come today because she was sick.

"Jiyeon-ah. Are you all better now?" I spoke through the phone.

"Yah. Ji Eun. Aren't you suppose to be at the competition?" she spoke while coughing.

"Long story. I'll tell you on Monday. So you better get well and come to school!" I said.

"Arasso. I'm a little tired. I'll call you tomorrow. See you on Monday" she said.

"Okay. Get some rest, okay? Annyeong" I said.

The rest of the weekend was pure joy and good luck. You had so much free time, so you decided to go practice your dance routines for next week.