Competition Part 1

Competition Rivals

YOUR POV:

For the past two weeks, I’ve been working really hard. But something told me, no matter how hard I worked this time, I wasn’t going to win this round. I couldn’t get that thought out of my head. I felt like this is the competition that’s going to determine my life, but it wasn’t. What made me even more confused was the bet, Hoya and I made. Either way, I still get to see my students. What’s the point of this whole thing, anyway? Maybe Hoya just wants me to lose like he did in the past. I wasn’t sure but I felt like he was doing this just to embarrass me.

You know what. NO. I have to keep believing in myself. I HAVE TO BEAT LEE HOWON. I HAVE TO REALLY BEAT HIM OR I WILL LOSE MY PRIDE.

I got up from the couch and changed into my clothing. I went to the dance club, and practiced my hardest because the next day would be the dance competition. This dance routine I’m doing? Well, I wanted to do some hip hop + popping. So I decided to choose a dance from one of the dance battles, some idols have previously done. So the one I chose was a previous dance SNSD’s Yoona, Sooyoong, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun have done.

Since I couldn’t do it alone, I had some help from my cousin, Junhyung, to call him some backup dancers. He called two over and they agreed to help me. I took Hyoyeon’s position while Hyojin unnie took Yoona’s, Hana unnie took Sooyoung’s, and Jiyeon took Seohyun’s. Even though, Jiyeon didn’t compete in the competition with me before, she was really good at dancing. For the past two weeks, they were nice and helped me on some of my moves. They even complimented me for being able to learn super quickly. We all became good friends.  

I walked into the dance club and practiced my part for the dance competition tomorrow. We all agreed that, I would be ending the whole dance with a short solo dance. My solo part was hard to come up. I had a long time to come up with a solo but I just couldn’t think of anything. But then I had a tiny flashback of that time Hoya and I were in this dance room.

*Flashback*

"But I would notice a pretty girl. Show me your moves" he said. I was screaming inside. Ew. I can't believe he doesn't recognize me.

"I'm not that good, I don't want to" I said but he the music. I glared at him. He played the song Bang! and I immediately knew how to dance to it.

You finished and posed. You looked at him and he clapped. 

*End of Flashback*

*THAT’S IT! I’LL JUST DANCE TO ‘BANG!’* I said to myself. I practiced the choreography til late that I skipped dinner. I needed to get it perfect. I can’t let Lee Howon, ruin my 4 year winning streak. But I had a little doubt. I felt like he’s really going to beat me this time. But I couldn’t think about that!

*Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts* I said to myself. I kept dancing and dancing. After I got all the choreography done, I realized what time it was!

*3AM?* Omo. I have 5 hours to meet at Jiyeon’s place. I have to rush home and get some sleep first! I packed up all my stuff, turned off all the lights, and ran my way home.

As soon as I walked in the house, I slowly crept up the stairs. My parents were okay that I came home late. They knew I was passionate about the whole dancing thing that they believed in me. This was one of the reasons why I loved my parents! They weren’t like other parents, scolding their children to become doctors and lawyers.

I finally headed into my room. I closed the door and dropped my bag. I lay back onto my bed and felt super comfy. At that moment, I didn’t want to take a shower. I was really tired and at the thought of getting up, I fell into deep slumber.

*6 hours later*

*RING RING! RING RING!*

The alarm clock besides me woke me up. I was really tired, I didn’t budge at all. I tried to stop the alarm clock but it dropped to the floor.

*So beautiful my girl! Oh, oh oh oh, Shigani jinado Nuguboda naega deo deo deo Neoreul akkyeojulge my girl modu da julge Neo neoege eege* (B2ST’s Beautiful. It’s your cellphone ringtone)

My phone rang and I picked it up.

“Yah! SONG JI EUN! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU? DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS? WE NEED TO PRACTICE! THE COMPETITION STARTS IN TWO HOURS! WE NEED TO GET READY.”

My eyes widened. I picked up the alarm clock from the ground and looked at the time. It was 9:00AM. I was an hour late for practice!

“Miahne! I’m coming over right now!” I answered back and shut my cell phone. I went to brush my teeth and take a quick shower. I had to wash my hair because of sweating a lot yesterday. I got out of the shower and wore some comfortable clothes.

I got out of the bathroom and packed up my things. I got my performance outfit, my water bottle, my dancing shoes, and tiny necessities. I stuffed them all in my bag and walked out of my room. I ran down the stairs and fell, earning a bruise on my knee but I was okay. It was my fault for running down the stairs in heels right? I quickly got up and ran out the door. I walked to Jiyeon’s house, which was about 10 minutes away.

I arrived at her house in no time. I rang the doorbell and she dragged me inside. She closed the door and she dragged me up the stairs.

“Jiyeon-ah. Why are you dragging me up for?” I asked her.

“Well, we need to look good on stage right?” she asked you.

*Typical Jiyeon. She just wants to look good in front of everyone and Doojoon-oppa* I shook my head as I sighed.

“Okay, Jieun. You sit here and don’t move, araso?”

“Araso. Are Hyojin unni and Hana unni here?”

“Ne. They’re in the other room preparing our outfits”

“Oh. Let me get mine out of my bag.” I said as I reached into my bag and got mine out. Jiyeon took it from me and walked out of the room. I guess she handed them to the unnies.

“Don’t worry, Jieun. I gave it to them so they can make it look perfect.”

“Hey, Jiyeon-ah. Why do we have to wear makeup and wear fancy outfits for? Shouldn’t we be practicing?”

“Jieun. We need to impress Tablo and everyone else, araso? And we already practiced while you were still sleeping in bed! Tell me, Jieun, why were you late today?” she asked me.

“Alright, alright. I stayed up late practicing for today so I didn’t get enough sleep this morning”

“Aish. You stayed up late practicing and you want to practice some more? This girl. I’m going to apply makeup now, so close your eyes.”

I chuckled. After closing my eyes for the least 15 minutes, I was about to fall asleep, when Jiyeon shook me.

“Yah! Don’t fall asleep, okay? I’m almost done. Then I need to curl your hair.”

“Aish. Jiyeon-ah. Don’t waste your time on me and just do the other unnies’ makeup and hair!” I said to her.

“I already finished with them and me. It’s only you” she said.

“Aiye. Fine. Hurry up and finish.” I said to her.

After a good old ten minutes, she finally finished and we all changed into our outfits. Our outfits were black tank tops, with white short-shorts, and a red hoodie. Hana unni gave me some high knee socks. Jiyeon wanted me to stand out the most, so she tied my curled hair into two side pigtails. I thought it was beyond ridiculous.

“ I look like such a little girl” I complained.

“That’s because you are a little girl” Jiyeon teased.

“Psh. Whatever” I said.

“Araso. So are we ready?” Hyojin unni asked.

“Ready.” the three of us said at the same time.

“Then let’s kick some dancing butts” Hyojin unni said.

“Yeah! Let’s do it!” I replied with confidence.

All four of us walked out the door and headed to the bus stop. The bus stopped in front of us and we went in. The bus drove and we arrived at the dance club.

We walked in there were a ton of people there.  There were other groups, fans, staff, parents and children there. I was glad to see the large crowd. I was zooming through the crowd of people when I noticed something. I saw Howon with INFINITE? For sure, he was already in their kingka group, but they were wearing the same matching outfits with Howon. Were they dancing as A GROUP? My eyes were widened now. Howon found me staring at him and smirked. I looked away. This is going to be a heck of a competition. 

 

HOYA’S POV:

So after I made that bet with Jieun, I knew I needed to come up with something that will blow away everyone away. I knew that if I did the dance by myself, I wouldn’t be able to beat her, so I asked INFINITE for help. They were quite denying the idea, but I persuaded them.

*Flashback*

“Why do you want to beat her so badly anyways?” the maknae asked.

“Probably because he likes her or something” Woohyun said.

“Aish. Anniya! I need to beat her because…” I said.

“Because?” Sunggyu hyung asked.

“Because I just need to, araso?” I said.

“We won’t help you unless you tell us the reason” Sungyeol said. Aish these guys.

“Araso. I made a bet.” I finally admitted.

“What bet? Tell us” L said.

“Well ifI beat her, then she must come back to the dance school and be MY assistant teacher. If she wins, then I'll have to quit my job and give it back to her.” I said.

“Interesting. It seems more like you really want her to become your assistant. Why is that?” Dongwoo said.

“Anniya. Of course not. Those stupid brat kids won’t listen without here there. I just want to actually teach a class” I said.

“Fine. We’ll do it”Sunggyu hyung said.

*End of Flashback*

We all agreed to do a song that we wrote ourselves. It’s called “Be Mine”. We’ll be singing and dancing. All us came up with the song, and I came up with the choreography. I was impressed by the song that the choreography wasn’t really hard to think of. I even created my own solo part in the dance break. This song & dance will totally make everyone shocked.

We practiced day and night for this. I was ready. We were ready. We were ready for TOMORROW. Yeah, the competition was tomorrow. I was overly confident that I slept really good for once.

*9:00AM*

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping from the window. I looked at my clock and it was already 9AM. There was an hour left till the competition. I got up and went to the bathroom. I did the morning routine of brushing my teeth and cleansing my face. After that, I took a quick shower. After I came out, I dried my hair with a towel and changed into my outfit which showed my muscles. Woohyun hyung ordered the outfits for us since he was rich. I stared at myself in the mirror and nodded approvingly. I walked into the bathroom again and gelled my hair. I grabbed my bag full of extra clothing, water bottles, and my shoes.

I walked out the door of my dorm I share with the guys, and headed to the club. I walked in and met with the other guys.

“Yah! Why didn’t anyone wake me up this morning?” I shouted at them pretending to be angry.

“We did! But you didn’t wake up even after Woohyun changed the music to Poporo on your iPad.” Sungyeol said.

“Aish. Good thing I got up just in time” I smiled. I looked away from the group and I saw Jieun staring at us and some girls with the same outfit as her. *So I guess she’s not competing alone.* I smirked.

This is going to be somewhat interesting.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I keep forgetting to ask, but anyone want to make me a poster? Please?(: 

I meant to ask in the foreword but I kept forgetting! 

Anyways, here's your update! Competition part 2 coming next~~~~~