Chapter 22

Competition Rivals

You were humming on your way out to school when you bumped into someone's chest.

"Oh I'm so sor-" you lifted your head up and noticed it was just Hoya, "On second thought,I'm not so sorry" you finished before edging to leave.

He blocked you and you moved to your right, then moved to your left, but Hoya wouldn't budge and it just kept standing in front of you.

"What do you want?" you asked with your arms crossed and your foot tapping the ground.

"Do you know what day it is?" Hoya asked.

"Um...Tuesday?" you answered back.

"Yes exactly. It's Tuesday. You teach the Tuesday dance class remember? Oh wait. That was way before I came." Hoya said and smirked.

*Dammit. I totally forgot about the bet* you thought.

"And your point is?" you answered.

"It seems like you already forgot that little bet of ours. It makes sense anyways, since you have such a small brain for a girl who has such a huge head" Hoya said, satisfied with his insult.

"YAH! At least I didn't wet my bed when I was younger!" you shouted.

"Yah! I had a nightmare okay! I was 7, let it go!" he said.

"Ugh. Whatever, I'm leaving." you were about to go when...

"Wait!" he stopped, "you have to show up to class. You lost the bet and we already made a deal. If you back out then that just gives you the title of a chicken" he finished off. You didn't respond and continued going your own way.

You were strolling home and you were thinking of the what Hoya said. *Should I go? The kids would miss me, but that means if I show up I'm giving in. I lost the bet anyways, and I can't just bail out of the deal. This is so frustrating!*

You got to the front gates of your house and headed in. You went up to your room and plopped down on your bed. *I should do some homework to distract myself. I have till' pm to think about it anyways*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You finished homework just in time. It was almost 4 and the dance academy was just 10 minutes away walking.*Ugh. I'll just go. It's not like I have anything better to do*

You got your medium-sized duffel bag and shoved your dance shoes, water bottle, some extra clothes and some other necessities. You tied your hair up in a high-pony-tail with your bangs up in the front. You were wearing a tank and some pants that some of the members wore for EXO's History. 

You walked out the door, a little nervous. *I wonder what Principal Kim would say if she saw me again. She probably would think I was too desperate so I came back. I hope Hoya explained the bet to her or else it would just be awkward*

You arrived in front of the dance school. *I'm finally back. Seoul Dance School*  You carefully walked in and observed your surroundings. I don't see anyone here. Maybe I can just run to the room without anyone kno-

"Teacher Song? What are you doing here?" the voice was all too familiar. It was Principal Kim, and she just caught you. You turned around to face you.

"Well-actually..." you were saying try to think of an excuse. You didn't want to say you lost to Hoya because of your pride. 

"She's my assistant now." Hoya said out of nowhere. 

"Oh hello there, Hoya. What's this about her being your assistant?" Principal Kim asked. 

"She finally agreed to the students' pleas." he just said. *So he's not going to tell about the bet?* you thought.

"Alright then. I guess you're still working here after all" Principal Kim turned to you. You just nodded.

"Well we'll get going, we don't want to keep the students waiting" Hoya said and grabbed your wrist and walked out of sight. 

You felt a strange feeling and you weren't sure if you liked it or not. *Why the hell is he grabbing my wrist for? I can walk myself*

You escaped his grip and he turned around to stare at you. "I have legs and I know where the room is. You don't need to drag me there" you simply stated and walked ahead of him without turning back. 

You were in front of the door. Hoya stared at you weirdly and walked in. You can hear the cheers and the laughter of the children. "Annyeonghaesayo, Hoya oppa/hyung" 

"Annyeong children. Today we'll be having an assistant teacher here, to help me teach you guys. You guys might know her." he said. You peeked through the door and saw that he was giving you signals for you to walk in. You saw them and opened the door. Once you opened the door, the little kids saw you and tackled you. The room was full of chaos.

"UNNIE! NOONA!" the children yelled. 

"Araso, araso. Go back to your positions" you told them politely. You walked and stood a few feet away from Hoya. You felt a part of your heart was back to where it belongs after seeing the children you taught. *Maybe losing the bet isn't THIS bad*

"Alright guys. Warm Ups" you said .The kids didn't have to be told twice as they already started doing some warm-up moves you taught them when you were still the teacher. 

"I'm sorry, Jieun, maybe you forgot but I'm the teacher, you're the assistant " he joked to you while the kids were warming up. 

"Well let me clear up something for you, just because you're their teacher and I'm just your slave, they were my students first. They will always listen to me" you said. 

*Wow. I was just joking* Hoya thought. 

After warm ups, the students danced to some dance moves that Hoya had taught them when you left. You were pretty impressed by how much the kids learned when you were gone. 

"Okay, one more time and we'll take a break" he said. He turned the music on and the kids danced really smooth. You walked around the room inspecting it. You already memorized the dance in the back of your head watching the students dance it, a couple of times. You went up to some kids to tell them what they needed to work on. 

*Wow. So maybe she is a good teacher* Hoya thought while gazing at you for awhile. He was staring for a little too long, because he didn't hear the music stop.The students were standing in position waiting for him to say something. 

You thought it was strange and turned to see Hoya looking at you. You raised an eyebrow. He was snapped back to reality when a kid asked him how they did.

"Oh you guys did great! Now let's take a break" he said and walked over to the speakers. You went to get some water and sat down by yourself.You were then joined in my some of your students a few years younger than you.

"Unnie, I'm glad you're back!" one of the girls exclaimed.

"Yeah! Noona, hyung is so strict sometimes" one of the boys said.

"Aish. I knew he wasn't a good teacher. He made little Yoogeun cry because he couldn't dance one of the movements. How am I suppose to trust him with you guys?" you said.

"Uhh actually, we have a confession to make" one of the girls said. 

"What is it?" you said.

"Oppa didn't make Yoogeun cry" 

"What?" you said.

"Hyung came up with a stupid plan that try to make you come back so Yoogeun pretended to cry" the boy said.

"What? That makes no sen-" you were cut off by Hoya.

"Okay guys. Break is over. Come back to the dance floor" he said. 

*So he tried to get me come back? Oh crap.I slapped him twice too. What am I going to do now?* you thought. Class went on for another 45 minutes before it ended.

"Great job kids! I'll see you next week" he said. 

"Bye unnie/noona, Bye hyung/oppa" the children yelled and left happily. 

The both of you were silently packing your bags when he spoke up.

"You heard about the Valentine's Day stage?" he asked.

"What about it?" you said.

"What are you going to sing?" he asked.

"You'll just have to find out on that day" you said while packing. He was done and was about to walk out the door.

"WAIT" you shouted loud enough that he turned around.

"What? You talking to me?" Hoya asked.

"Well not to be rude, but you're the only one in here" you said a little ticked off. 

"Well? What do you want?" he said. You were trying to apologize for accusing him of making one of your students cry. But apologizing to your enemy is something that's just so foreign. There was a long moment of silence.

"Well if there's nothing then-" 

"I...I'm..sorry" you mumbled the last part so he wouldn't hear. He heard you and decided to tease you.

"Bwoh? What did you say? I didn't quite catch it" he said teasingly.

"I said...I'M SORRY" you said and opened your eyes. You saw Hoya laughing on the floor. 

"YAH! You did hear me say it!" you said and stood there with embarrassment. After a good old laugh, he finally got up and stood in front of you.

"What are you sorry for?" he said with a slight smirk on his face. *Wow. He's so handsome when he smirks. Oh . I did not just think that*  

"The kids told me about your 'plan'" you put quotations around the plan. 

"Oh...you heard about that?" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah...so I'm just apologizing for wrongly accusing you of child abuse and for slapping you...twice" you said.

"It's okay..I guess" he said. You unconsciously reached up to touch his cheek. It was silence.

"It must have hurt right?" you said still staring at his cheek. He was staring at you. You finally gazed into his eyes. You guys were staring at each other for 2 minutes when someone interrupted. 

"Hoya, some parents of one of your students would like to meet you" Principal Kim intruded. You stepped back, grabbed your bag and left without a word.

​You got out of the building and leaned against the wall. *I can't believe I did that! Why did I have to touch his cheek? His soft, soft smooth cheek. Ugh! Stop it, Jieun! Get it together! You can't think he's handsome, you're his competition!*

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

​Hello there, Inspirits! ^_______^ I finally updated after months. I'm so sorry. 

Anyways, it's 3AM here. Since I stayed up updating this chapter, I want you guys to owe me. How?

​By simply clicking on this link here. Click as much as you can, everyday! Please help me with this.

Kamsamida! Comment, Subscribe, Enjoy! 

Have an enjoyable summer! ^______^