Competition Part 2

Competition Rivals

 

YOUR POV:

I was still staring at them and Howon noticed me staring at them. He smirked and I looked away annoyed. “They don’t stand a chance against us,” I thought to myself.

Hyojin, Hana, Jiyeon, and I headed to our reserved area. We put our bags down and started stretching. I stood up and high kicked my legs while wearing my nu shoes(Wonder Girl’s song. LOOL).

As I looked at myself from head to toe, it reminded me so much of Girls Generation’s `Oh!’ outfits. I actually look good today. Good thing, Jiyeon had helped me this morning. I practiced a little in the corner to make sure I had everything in my head.

“Hey, Jieun! Good luck!” someone said. I stopped dancing and looked to see who it was.

“Oh hey Baek Hyun! Komawo.” I said to him.

“No problem. I brought Jongshin along. He wanted to see Hoya and you compete” he said.

“Oh…where is the little guy?”

“He’s out in the audience along with Hoya’s mom.”

“Ahhh. I see.”

“Well I’ll get going. Good luck!” he said while walking backwards. I just waved at him. At least I got some more encouragement! I won’t feel so down.  I practiced a little more and then the MC guy was on the stage talking into the microphone.

“Mic. Test. Test Test” he spoke into the microphone testing if sound was coming out through the speakers. “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we now proudly present Seoul Dance Club’s Dance Competition”

Everyone was clapping and cheering.

“Now before we begin, I would like to tell you guys the changes of the competition. Ready? Okay. Well some of you know the club was bought by the legendary Epik High’s Tablo! He changed the rules that the competition would be held once a month. Also, the people who would be performing were chosen from auditions last month. There are only 10 performances today, and one winner. Now, let the show begin!”

Everyone cheered and clapped again.

“Now let’s introduce the performers today! Performers, please head up to the stage!” Woo Hyuk ajusshi called out.

I stood there from below the stage and Jiyeon dragged me up. When everyone got up the stage, he started introducing everyone. 8 groups already passed.

“And now we’re bringing out 7 boys who call themselves INFINITE! It says here that Lee Hoya was the only who auditioned, but Tablo made an exception to the whole group for their charismic dancing”

Everyone clapped. I also heard girls squealing over them. I got annoyed and irritated.

“And last but not least, Song Ji Eun and her group of friends! They call themselves 4RCE(force). Song Ji Eun has been performing on this stage ever since she was 14 years old. She auditioned by herself too, but she it seems like Tablo also made an exception. She has won 4 years straight ever since she had come. But since, Tablo is here, will she win her winning streak or lose against the 9 other performances?”

I suddenly grew nervous when he said that. He just put pressure on me. I felt scared. I can’t lose. I can’t back down.

“Well enough with the introductions, LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN!” he roared.

Everyone was clapping and screaming in excitement now! It was beginning wild!

The competition started with a girl group dancing. They were called Rainbow. They were dancing but some of the members we lacking a bit. Some tried to fix it with their aegyo, which pissed me off. Were they trying to bribe the judges with their looks or something? Sick.

After the 8 performances finished, it was finally my turn. I felt more nervous than before. Like I said, it was like something to determine if you’re going to heaven or hell. That was how I felt.

“Next up, 4RCE!”

We stood in position. We were positioned as our backs were faced to the audience. The spotlight was put on Hyojin unni first. She turned around, walked to the middle of the stage and danced her part. She did the exact same moves as Yoona had from the dance battle, but she seemed more powerful. She posed as her position and stood at the left corner of the stage, leaving the middle for the other girls and me. The spotlight then moved onto Hana unni.

It was then Hana unni’s turn. She danced a lot cooler than Sooyoung did. Hana ped her jacket to be revealing her tank top above her belly button. She got a lot of screams from the males in the crowd. She popped her moves and ended with a turn around. Then the music paused for awhile then, it was my turn.

I had the hardest moves in the whole dance, but I already knew my steps. I made the commitment to taking Hyoyeon’s position because I wanted to stand out the most. I left my position in the back and walked to the middle like a catwalk. The spotlight followed me. The music and I could feel the heat on the stage from the lighting. I did the robot movements Hyoyeon did but with a little more force. The more force I put into the dance, it felt easier for me. My hoodie was falling off showing my arms as I earned squeals from the crowd. I then popped my chest.  I then did more cool movements as the music slowed down. When the music slowed down I did a movement that matched the music. I was moving slowly forward and forward and posed in a robot manner.

Jiyeon was the last as she turned her body forward. We got up from our positions and turned around and walked towards the back of the stage. We stopped. Jiyeon was now up in the front dancing to Seohyun’s parts. Hyojin, Hana, and I kneeled down with our backs facing the audience. She was dancing her small little part. All three of us got up and danced in sync along with her. We were all doing the same dance moves as I, who took Hyoyeon’s position, moved up to the front. I was now in front of the whole stage. We continued our positions and we all danced in sync for the rest of the song. We finished. The song had ended, the spotlights were off. It was my solo ending.

I wasn’t shy or nervous anymore.  The audience was clapping and cheering but they hadn’t noticed that we weren’t finished. I got up from the back and stood in the middle of the stage now. Everyone became silent. The music and ‘Bang!’ was playing. I did my job and punched my fists out as I was copying ChaChi’s movements.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u94fCq3fxg8)

I was smiley and hyped up. I danced my heart out to the music that had so much pop. I danced while the two of my pigtails came off. The two rubber bands had broken off but I didn’t care and kept on dancing.Then the spotlight was off. Our performance has ended and earned a lot of love from the audience as well as the judges. I bowed and waved to everyone. I was beyond proud.

HOYA’S POV:

After all the other groups past, it was finally Jieun’s turn with her so called, 4CRE group. The whole club was now in silent. I watched as one of her group members started dancing. I was impressed. But I couldn’t wait to see what Jieun had in stored for us. Another member danced to the next part as she ped her jacket. Now I really wanted to see what Jieun was gonna do. As soon as she finished, it was finally Jieun’s turn.

Jieun was so eyecatching. She was the best dancer of her group. Even though she was dressed as a little girl, she showcased more than that in her performance. She was dancing with so much power. Her hoodie slightly came off her arm revealing her collarbone and her long arms. I was shocked. She actually looked hot. I continued watching, her performance was really good, but of course, not enough to beat us. They finished their dance, or so we thought they did.

Jieun came up to the front and did a solo? I recognized the song and the dance movements. She was dancing to the same thing she showed me the first time we saw each other here. I saw the dance before, but watching it the second time made her look super y. I couldn’t believe what I was thinking now. It looks like she really wants to beat me. I was staring intently, and near the end of her performance, her curly hair flowed down from her two pigtails. The spotlight on her made her look like an angel. I looked away, forcing myself not to think too much.

“Yah. Hoya, Are you alright?” Sunggyu hyung put his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

“Yeah. Never better” I said.

“Don’t worry, hyung! We’re going to beat her, araso?” Sungyeol said.

“Yeah.  I hope so” I muttered.

But that wasn’t why I was looking away, but they didn’t know that. Her performance ended, as I got the hint of all the claps and screams.

Wow. The last performance is us. I wonder what’s going to happen next.

 

YOUR POV:

I smiled from the happiness. I got off the stage and was attacked with hugs from my group. No. My friends.

I hugged them back.

“Good job out there, Jieun, as always!” Jiyeon teased me.

“You guys were wonderful as well!” I said to them while laughing with joy.

“Noona! Noona!” I heard a little boy call. I looked to the direction of the voice and found Jongshin running up to me. I bent to his level before he attacked me in a huge hug.

“Aigoo. Did Jongshin miss me that much?” I asked him.

“Ne! Noona did an amazing job! I can’t wait to see hyung’s dancing too” he said.

“Annyeong, Jieun!” someone called me. I stood up as I was standing face to face with Mrs. Lee aka Howon’s eomma.

“Annyeong, Mrs. Lee. I missed you so much” I said to her and we both exchanged hugs.

“Ne. It has! You’ve grown up so beautiful and a talented dancer!” she showered me with compliments.

“Komawo. Are you enjoying the dances so far?” I asked her.

“Well, the other dances were so boring and dull until you started dancing. I swear everyone’s mouth widened!”

I chuckled. “Komawo.”

“I can’t wait to see Howon dancing. You know, after he went to America, he was really passionate about dancing. And I can see that you are too, Jieun”

“Ah ne. I’m pretty sure Howon is going to do a great job.”

“Omo. You guys aren’t saying bad things about each other? That’s a first”

“Well, I’m not the same old Jieun anymore.”

“Of course not, you’re more mature! Well see you later Jieun-ah. We’re going to take our seats”

“Annyeong noona!” Jongshin said and waved.

“Annyeong Jongshin. Annyeong Mrs.Lee” I said with a huge smile on my face.  Right at this moment, I didn’t even care if we even had a bet. I was more confident and for sure I was going to win. All the worries from my head disappeared.

*I can’t wait until I hold up the trophy and brag about it in front of Lee Howon* I thought proudly and smirked.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hey everyone! Happy LATE New Years! I was spending some time with family, so I didn't update. This is quite a long update, so please enjoy(:

Oh and CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A POSTER FOR ME? PLEASE? :D

Subscribe. Comment. Enjoy(: 

Follow me on Tumblr, Twitter, and me2day. Komawo~