Wedding Invitations

Competition Rivals

 

After that nice little drink with Baekhyun you felt good. You didn’t care if Hoya really beat you in the competition. You forgot all your worries.

You arrived home.

“Mom. Dad I’m home!” you called out.

“In the living room, sweetie” they called back to you.

You arrived in the living room to see Hoya’s mother and an unfamiliar man. And JONGSHIN!

“Pretty noona’s here!” Jongshin said and hugged your legs. Everyone giggled.

“Annyeong, Emonim, and annyeong---“you said but paused at the man.

“This is my fiancé, Mr. Byun.” Hoya’s mother said.

“Ah, annyeonghaesayo, Lee Jieun-mida” you bowed.

“Wow. You guys have such a lovely daughter” Mr. Byun said.

“Ne. Kamsamida” my parents said.

You sat down next to your parents with Jongshin in your lap. You would so often squeeze his cheeks and everything.

“Anyways, since we’re getting married, we’re handing you our wedding invitation. It’s going to be a month from Valentine’s Day! In March” Hoya’s mother said.

“I’m so happy for you, Hyosung-ah. I hope you and your family continue to be happy” my mother said.

“I’m so glad, to have met my future husband” Hoya’s mother said.

You smiled. It’s so romantic.

“Noona. I want to go play” Jongshin said.

“Araso. I’ll take you to the park” you said.

“Excuse me, but I’m going to go take Jongshin out to the nearby park” you stood up while holding Jongshin’s hands.

“Araso. Have fun. Jongshin, stick with Jieun noona, araso?” Mr. Byun said.

He nodded in excitement and your both went to have fun.

*Here we are, the park* you thought and inhaled the air.

“Noona, I want to go on the swings. Can you please push me?” Jongshin asked.

“Araso, but we’re gonna race there okay?” you said.

He nodded and ran first. *That little cheater* you thought and ran after him. You chased him and hugged the little boy from behind while tickling him.

He giggled as he tried to squirm out of your arms. He got out of your embrace and sat on the swings.

“Noona! Push me” you said.

*Flashback*

You let go of your mom's hand and headed for the swings. You sat on the swings and swung your legs back and forth. 

I was swinging happliy and then someone pushed me off. I fell face flat on tan bark. I tried to get up but my body felt like it was paralyzed. I start crying and crying.

"Eomma!" I cried.

"Ah. JI EUN-AH! GWENCHANA?" my mom said as she tried to pull me up. I hugged her because it was painful. My face was all red. I kept bawling.

"What happened Ji Eun?" my mom calmly asked.

"Someone-pushed me off my swing" I cried. I looked over at the swings, and saw a boy sitting on the same swing I sat on. *It must be him!* I glared at him. I pulled away from my mom and we both sat on the bench together. 

*Flashback ended*

That was the day, you had first met Lee Howon. You smiled unknowingly.

“Noona? Gwenchana?” Jongshin asked interrupting your thoughts.

“Nothing. Let noona push you now, araso?” you said.

He smiled contently and positioned himself. You pushed him back and forth while smiling. You bought him some ice-cream and chased him around the park.

Little did you know, someone was watching you from afar, also reminiscing about the past.