Baekhyun is a TRAINEE?

Competition Rivals

 

You woke up to a bright a sunny day. It was Sunday today, and you woke up earlier than usual. *What a beautiful day.* you thought.

Ever since yesterday night happened, you couldn’t forget about the forehead kiss Baekhyun had given you. You didn’t know why he did that.

*Was he trying to make me feel better because of Howon? Or did he mean otherwise?* you thought.

You shrugged it off and finally got out of bed. You realized you woke up at 8AM on a weekend but you felt like you wanted to dance and practice today. You brushed your teeth and headed down the stairs. You had some strawberry pancakes and enjoyed yourself while your parents were still asleep. You made some extra pancakes for your parents to eat when they have awoken.

After you finished eating, you washed the dishes and were about to head back upstairs to change into your dance clothes. You changed into your dance sweats and wore a spaghetti strap tanktop. You wore a thin jacket over your tanktop. You brought your dance bag with your dance shoes in them. You filled your waterbottle with water and walked out the door to the dance club.

You arrived at the dance club. You saw dim light coming from the inside, and just knocked on the door to see who would be here. The door opened to reveal Doojoon oppa.

“Oh, Jieun. What are you doing here so early?”Doojoon oppa asked you.

“I felt like dancing when I woke up this morning”

“Ah. I see. Did you go home okay?”

“Of course oppa, why would I be standing in front of you right this second?”

“Aish. Of course. Come on in.”

You walked in and only saw lights lite up near the DJ stand.

“Why is oppa here so early?”

“I didn’t want to stay at the dorm, since all the guys finally came home smelling like crap. Wonder what they will do this morning, so I left at 2AM when they came back”

“Bwoh? 2AM? You sleptover here?!”

“Yeah, pretty much. Tablo hyung gave me the keys to this place anyways. He trusts me since I’m the DJ. Pretty cool right?”

“Wow. Oppa. I applaud you. I can use the dance room right?”

“Of course. But one of the dance rooms is occupied. I recommend you to not go in there, if you don’t want to get angry”

“Whatever oppa. I’m going now”

“Araso”

And with that, you walked into the hallways of dancerooms. What did he mean by not going in the used dance room if I didn’t want to get angry?

Being the clueless girl you were, you walked into the occupied dance room which had lights .

You opened the doorknob and saw someone like laying on the floor with his arm over his eyes. The music was not on. You tiptoed into the room and once you got close enough to the person who just got angry. Lee Howon.

*So that’s what oppa mean* you thought. You didn’t want to deal with ‘this thing’ so you decided to leave. When you were about to turn the doorknob, that person spoke.

“Feeling better?”

“Why would you care?” you coldly replied and left.

You went into another dance room and the lights. You inhaled the dance room scent and exhaled. You walked over to the sound system and the laptop.

*What new dance should I learn today?* you wondered. You looked at the music charts.

“Seems like SHINee’s Sherlock seems popular. Then it’s settled. “ you said. You went over to YouTube and searched up the song. You watched the dance version and you were impressed. It was sort of confusing to you. You played the music outloud and tried to dance the beginning.

But you weren’t satisfied yet.

“Anniya. It’s turn and dive right?” you said in frustration. You ruffled your hair and sat down on the wooden floors with your hands over your eyes.

“Frustrated?” someone spoke. You looked over to the door and you saw Baekhyun. At the sight of seeing him, you began to blush a little.

“Trying out a new dance?” he asked. You nodded.

“SHINee’s Sherlock. Not bad. I can teach it to you if you want” he said.

“You? You know how to dance?” you asked shocked.

“Of course. SHINee are my sunbaes.”

“Sunbaes? Wait a second, you’re a TRAINEE?”

“Here let me show you something” he walked over to the laptop and looked up some YouTube video while you were still in the same spot.

“Jieun! Come over here.” He gestured to you.

You stood up from your position and walked over to the screen.

“Watch this.” He said. He clicked played. It was a music video. He showed you EXO-K’s ‘History’.

You were watching it intently and then Baekhyun’s face appears in the screen.

“Look familiar?” he asked. You giggled and continued watching.

You nodded your head to the rhythm and admired their dancing/singing skills. They were amazing.

*So he can sing and dance. He’s also the main vocal from what I see.* you admired him.

Finally the video ended and you clapped.

“Wow. Daebak” you said with two thumbs pointed up.

“Thanks.” He said while giving you one of his best smiles.

“So you’re a singer and a dancer. You’re also a kingka, and the main vocalist. Handsome too. No wonder you’re so popular at our school” you said approvingly. *Pabo. I just called him handsome. OMG.* you mentally said.

“So you think I’m handsome…” he said.

“Well…I-uh. Well a lot of people told me you were, so I guess so” you stuttered,"What's your group name anyways?" you said trying to switch to another topic. 

“Cute. We're called EXO-K. There's also EXO-M but they're going to debut in China” He said and ruffled the top of your head. *He called me cute. Why am I blushing?* you thought.

“Well anyways…I heard there was a Valentine’s Day stage here next week. Are you going to try for it?” he asked.

“Valentine’s Day stage? I didn’t hear about it yet.”

“Well it’s just a stage for people who want to sing for their loved ones. They wouldn’t allow dance because they already held a bunch of dance competitions, that they didn’t want to ruin it or something like that”

“Oh really? That would be weird for me, since I don’t really sing” you sheepishly said.

“Well the thing is all the contestants from the dance competition has to participate in this event.”

“BWOH?! I HAVE TO?”you yelled.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure you’ll do great. You got your whole group right?I’ll come and cheer you on!”

“Oh boy.” You facepalmed yourself.

“Want me to teach you the dance now?” he asked.

“Ah..ne.” you said.

During the three hours you two spent together, Baekhyun taught you SHINee’s Sherlock. When you messed up he would come and point out what your mistakes are. You guys sort of had some skinship which made your blush a lot. In three hours, you managed to finally learn the whole dance.

“Great job, Jieun” he said.

“Thanks to you, Baekhyun-ssi”

“I told you to call me oppa.”

“Araso. Baekhyun oppa” you said.

“Since we’re done here, want to grab something to drink?” he asked.

“Ah. Sure.” You said. You packed up all your belongings and turned off all the sound systems. You turned off the lights and walked side by side next to Baekhyun.

“Ah. What a lovely couple.” Doojoon said.

Both of you blushed and looked away from each other. You looked up to the DJ stand and saw Howon looking right at you.

*Why is he staring at me like that? Is there something on my face?* you thought. You looked at him annoyed. That’s when he stopped staring at you.

“Oh. Hey Hoya hyung!” Baekhyun said and headed up.

“Jieun and I are going to grab a drink, want anything?”

“Anniyo. Gwenchana” Howon said.

“Okay. We’re heading out now. Bye hyungs.” Baekhyun said while walking towards you.

“Bye dongsaengs” Doojoon said while waving.

You turned around and saw Hoya not paying attention to you two. Not that you wanted him to. When he looked at you, it sort of bothered you. 

HOYA'S POV:

Why was my cousin with Jieun? Something just bothered me. Maybe I still like Jieun after all these years.

Aish whatever. It's not like she likes me either. Is my next rival, my own cousin?