Coincidental Meeting

Competition Rivals

 

Coincidental Meeting

Jieun’s POV:

I changed into the cute floral dress that Jiyeon gave me. She also gave me a light coral pink cardigan. She even gave me shoes to change into. Knowing it was Jiyeon, it was obvious she would make you wear something cute. She gave me pink flats. I flattened my dress out and combed my hair. I smiled in the mirror and walked out of the bathroom. It’s strange how it’s something you wouldn’t wear, but you just let it be, since you didn’t want to come out wearing hospital clothing.

“I knew this dress would fit you” Jiyeon said.

“Of course” you said and rolled your eyes.

“Kaja. They’re waiting outside” Jiyeon said and hooped her arms with yours.

I walked out and heard a whistle from Kikwang.

“Looking good, baby girl” he said and put his arm around you.

“Kikwang, stop touching my cousin” Junhyung said and removed his arm off you.

“Let’s go now. Where do you guys want to eat?” Doojoon asked.

“Let’s go grill meat today. My treat” Junhyung said.

“That’s great!Let’s go,shall we?” Hyunseung said.

I sat with Junhyung oppa,Yoseob oppa and Baekhyun in Junhyung’s car, while Jiyeon rode with Doojoon oppa and Dongwoon. Hyunseung and Kikwang rode together.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

HOYA’S POV:

*Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo? naega neol geokjeonghae, eo?
Naega neol kkeut kkaji, chaekim jil ge*

“Yoseobsayo?” I spoke into my phone.

“Yo. Hoya! We’re going to grill some meat today, so go meet us at the restaurant near the club!” Dongwoo said.

“Araso. Meet you guys at 7.” With that I hung up.

I took a shower and wore some jeans,a V-neck, and a jacket. I gelled my hair up and walked out.

“Eomma, I’m leaving. See you tonight! See you too, Abeoji” I called out to my mother and my future step father.

“Bye hyung! See you later” Jongshin said. I messed up his hair and left.

Since the club was walking distance, I walked to the restaurant which was a block away from the club. I arrived there and found the 6 guys I was looking for,grilling meat. I sat with them and started eating.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Jieun’s POV:

We arrived at the best meat restaurant which was right near the club. I waited with Baekhyun oppa outside for Jiyeon while Junhyung oppa and Yoseob oppa walked in first. Kikwang and Hyunseung already arrived a couple minutes earlier before all of you.

“Jiyeon! You’re finally here. What took you so long?” I asked her as she was running up to me.

“Miahne. Doojoon oppa was driving too slow.” She said and mehronged to Doojoon.

“I wasn’t slow! The other cars were just slightly faster than me” he said while rubbing his neck.

“Aish. Hyung, just admit it. You drive slow” Dongwoon said.

“Do not.”

“Do too”

Both of them started bickering.

“Stop! Let’s go in an eat, the other oppas are already inside.” You scolded them.

“Araso, araso.” Jiyeon said.

You all walked in with smiles and laughter. Once you walked in first, you tried to find the other oppas. And you see Junhyung oppa talking to someone from another table.

 “Jieun, let’s go. Kikwang and Hyunseung oppa are over there” Jiyeon said.

“Sure, let me just go get Junhyung oppa” you said and walked over to Junhyung.

“Oppa. Our table is over-----“ Your jaw drops. You noticed Junhyung wasn’t just talking to someone, he was talking to INFINITE. And LEE HOWON.

Suddenly, when you saw Hoya’s face, you got angrier. Angry that you didn’t win. You almost forgot about the competition till you saw his face. Seeing his face reminded you of the whole bet you made.

*Babo. I can’t believe I made that bet* you screamed in your head.

“Oh hey Jieun. Look who’s here, Howon and his friends” Junhyung said while smirking.

Junhyung and Hoya used to be best friends when they were younger. Both would like to constantly pick on you. You couldn’t believe, your own cousin sided with Hoya when you two were younger. Junhyung and Hoya both had dreams of being rappers, shared secrets, and helped each other out.

“Hey. So you fainted earlier. You alright?” the leader of INFINITE asked you.

“I’m fine” you said rudely. Junhyung nudged you.

“Wae? I’m going back now” you said to his face.

“Sorry for her um, rudeness. She tends to do that when she sees Hoya. Long story” Junhyung said to the table full of guys.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

You walked back to your table sitting next to Jiyeon and Baekhyun. Everyone noticed your scary aura. Your angry aura.

“Jieun-ah, is something wrong?” Jiyeon asked you looking with concern.

“Yes, there is something wrong. Over there” you said and pointed to the table with 7 guys. Everyone looked at the direction of your finger.

“Oh. It’s Hoya hyung” Baekhyun said.

You tightened your knuckles. Hoya spotted Baekhyun and they both waved to one another just like what family members do.

“Calm down, Jieun-ah. Don’t worry” Jiyeon said while comforting you.

“I can’t calm down! I lost that stupid bet! And now I have to work with the last person I want to be with! HIM FOR GODSAKES!” you panicked.

“Calm down dongsaeng. Let’s go karaoke tonight. Get your mind off things” Hyunseung said.

“Yes! KARAOKE NIGHT!” Yoseob and Dongwoon cheered. You giggled.

“See? There’s my pretty dongsaeng smiling” Doojoon said and pinched your cheeks from behind Jiyeon.

“Ow. Oppa. That hurts” you said and rubbed your cheeks.

“Let’s order now.” Kikwang said and everyone opened their menus.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Everyone had a good dinner and it was all thanks to Junhyung for paying for it all. Everyone headed to the karaoke bar, and sang for a few. The B2ST members were clearly getting drunk from the alcohol they provided. You, Baekhyun, Jiyeon, and Doojoon stayed away from it.

“Maybe we should leave first?” Jiyeon suggested.

“Sure, I’ll take you home” Doojoon said, “Baekhyun take Jieun home, araso?”

“Sure, hyung” Baekhyun said with a shining smile that made your smile as well.

All 4 of you headed out the building and separated ways.

“Bye Jiyeon! Bye Doojoon oppa. Take care of her” you said to them and waved.

“You too!” they replied back.

“Let’s go” Baekhyun said to you. You nodded. Both of you walked side by side.

“So, what do you have against Hoya hyung?” Baekhyun finally spoke up.

“Long story.”

“We have some time”

“Well to be honest, I hate Lee Howon and always will. You see, my mom and his mom were friends since forever, so we knew each other since we were 7. I hate him the most”

“Oh. He told me that you guys competed for everything”

“Yeah! So I can’t believe he came back to Korea and started this whole competition thing again”

He chuckled,”You know he talks about you a lot?”

“Ugh. He probably talks about how much he hates me like how much I hate him.”

“Not really.You know, I’m actually jealous.”

That made you stop in your tracks. You looked up at him. “Why?”

“Because, you two actually knew each other for the longest time, when I just found out about you a year ago. Even if you two hate each other, you guys still have a interesting relationship. I wish I was in hyung’s position right now”

You looked bewildered.

“Silly wish right?”

You didn’t know how to respond to it.  By the time the whole conversation was over, you noticed you were outside your house. You turned to face Baekhyun.

“Thank you, for taking me home oppa” you said and bowed to him.

“No problem. I can even walk you to school, if you want” he said.

“Anniyo. Gwenchana” you said chuckling. You didn’t want to get MORE hate from people at your school than you already did.

“Well Bye. See you at school” he said.

“Bye.” You said and waved. You were about to put your key into the doorknob but Baekhyun took your wrist and turned you around.

When you turned around, you noticed you were a little too close to him. He did the least expected thing…

He kissed your forehead.

“Goodnight, Jieun. Sweet Dreams” he said while walking out the gates. You were still standing there like an idiot.

“Good night?” you stuttered. You felt your forehead and your heated face. You smiled and finally walked into your house.

 

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Hoya’s POV:

I saw Jieun wearing a floral dress when she came up to look for Junhyung hyung. Man, it’s been quite a long time since I’ve seen Junhyung. We were almost like best friends. We told each other everything and he sensed that I liked Jieun when I was little. He was the hyung I trusted the most.

She looked irritated and walked over to her seat. Was it because I won? Was it because of the bet we made? Or was it plainly because she saw me there?

Whatever. I shrugged it off. Junhyung decided to help cover for Jieun and went back to his table. When I glanced over their table, I saw something….no someone. Byun Baekhyun. My future step cousin. What was he doing here? He sat next to Jieun which made me a little bit uncomfortable.

INFINITE and I continued eating and we made a toast to our win.

“A toast for beating Song Jieun’s streak!” Sunggyu hyung said. We all put out glasses up and clinked them together and drank our portions.

Everyone seemed happy. I was having mixed feelings. Should I have won that competition? Should I have made the bet? Aish. So complicated.

We all finished eating and while  the guys wanted to go to a club, I wanted to go home. I gave my goodbyes to the guys and walked home.

“How was your congratulations party?” my mom said.

“Great. I saw Jieun there. Guess we don’t need to visit her tomorrow.” I said.

“Chincha? Well at least she’s out of the hospital. We should still visit her at her house right?”

“You guys can. I’m busy tomorrow”

“Don’t you want to see Mr. and Mrs. Song? I’m going with Jongshin and his father tomorrow”

“Gwenchana, eomma. Have fun” and with that I went upstairs and went inside my room.

________________________________________________

I decided to change Hwang Baekhyun to EXO'S Byun Baekhyun! c: 

When I was writing this fanfic, I though of Hwang Baekhyun from 'God of Study' where Yoo Seung Ho played his character. 

But then I remembered that there's also EXO's Baekhyun c: 

Exciting right? I love Baekhyun c:

Sorry for updating. I got too lazy. And AFF was being a this week. lol But everything's back to normal.