Hearing the not-so-good news

Competition Rivals

 

Jieun’s POV:

The MC came out again, and he was all in cheers.

“Wow. Wonderful right? Let’s bring out all the performers so we can finalize who the winner is! Performers, please come up to the stage”

I got out of my seat trying so hard not to bump into people but I felt a bit dizzy. I finally got out of the row and then tried my best to walk up the stage. The other unnis, and Jiyeon brought me along up the stage with them since I was too slow. We got on stage with our best smiles. The lights shining at us were super bright. I kept trying my best to stop the blinding lights.

“And now the winner is…” the MC opened the envelope. He said a group’s name but I couldn’t hear. My vision was blurred and I couldn’t hear any sounds. I could sort of make out the MC saying something, but I wasn’t sure. At the moment he said something, I couldn’t see anything and passed out.

Hoya’s POV:

“The winner is…” the MC opened up the envelope and he opened the card.

“The winners who beat Jieun’s 4 year streak is INFINITE!” We were all shocked while the audience was loud and cheering for us. We did a group hug and then we heard everyone become silent. I looked to the audience to hear a loud gasps everywhere. I broke the hug and saw a crowd crowding around something. I walked over to that side of the stage and went through the crowd.

I saw Jieun laying there on the stage.

“Someone call an ambulance” someone said.

“WHAT HAPPENED?”I asked her friend.

“She fainted!”her friend said.

I carried her bridal style and walked off the stage. I ran out the door and people were following me.

“Hoya, what are you doing the ambulance will be here soon!” Sunggyu hyung said.

I ignored them and ran to the nearest hospital with Jieun in my arms. I could see the cold sweat on her forehead. After a few minutes of running, I finally reached the hospital and walked in.

“Doctor, Doctor! She fainted!” I yelled.

Nurses came and helped me get her into this rolley bed.

“Sir, you can wait outside” one of the nurses told me. I nodded and waited outside of the room.

After 15 minutes, the doctor came out with a clipboard in his hands.

I stood up quickly and asked him, “How is she doctor?”

“She’s fine. She just fainted due to fatigue. She can be discharged tomorrow or once she wakes up since she needs some rest. You can visit her if you want” the doctor said.

“Kamsanmida” I said and bowed once. He bowed back and walked away.

I entered the door and saw her sleeping peacefully. I walked over to her bed and caressed her cheek with my thumb.

“Pabo. Looks like you were trying to beat me…again” I said. When I heard the door moving, I moved back and sat down on the couch.

“Hoya-ssi, how is she?” her friends asked.

“She’s fine. She fainted because of fatigue” I told them.

“Aish. I knew she was practicing too long” one of her friends said.

“Ah. Komawo, for bringing her here” another one of her friends asked.

“No problem. I’ll be leaving now” I said and walked to the door.

“Ah. Annyeong” they said. I waved and exited. Then I went back to the dance club to see some people were still here. I walked over to our perspective area and packed up my things.

“Yah. Hoya. Is she okay?” Sunggyu hyung asked.

“Yeah. She just fainted because of fatigue.” I said without looking up.

“Looks like she was actually working hard this time” Woohyun hyung said. I just shrugged.

“Do you guys want to celebrate our win?” Dongwoo asked.

“YEAH! LET’S DO IT!” the maknae line said. I giggled.

“Okay, let’s do it. Where should we go?” I asked them.

“Let’s go to the club and meet some hot girls” L said.

“Andwae. I’m still here” Sungjong said waving his hands.

“Let’s just go out and eat later, at 7PM?” Sunggyu said.

“Sure. I’ll see you guys later, I need to shower and stuff” Woohyun said.

“Yeah I’m going too. I need to go take a nap” Sungyeol said.

“I’m going with Sungyeol” L said.

Everyone had to go somewhere and refreshen, so I just left too. I walked back to my house and saw my mother along with Jongshin.

“Hyung!” Jongshin came over to me. I bent down to his level and smiled.

“How’s noona?” he asked.

“She’s okay. She’s coming out of the hospital tomorrow” I said to him.

“I want to visit noona tomorrow!” he said. He then went to my mom.

“Eomma, can we visit noona tomorrow?” he asked.

“Hmm…sure we can! We’ll all visit. Howon, you can visit too right?”

“Uhhh sure.” I said unsure. Why did I agree though?

“Great! We can bring some food for her and her family. I haven’t seen Kyung Hee in a long time.” She said.

“I’m going to go to my room. I need to go out to dinner with the boys tonight” I said.

“Oh araso. CONGRATULATIONS on winning!” my mom said.

“Thanks!” I said and continued walking to my room.

Jieun’s POV:

I woke up. I looked up at this unfamiliar ceiling. I looked at my surroundings and couldn’t make out where I was. I was on a bed and wearing this gown.

“You’re awake?” I heard someone say. I looked to my left to see Baekhyun.I nodded.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“You’re at the hospital.” He said.

I shot right out of my position.

“Why am I here?” I asked panicking.

“Don’t worry, you just fainted because of fatigue” he said.

“Oh.”

“You should get some rest. The doctor said so.”

“What time is it?”

“It’s 6:30PM” he said.

“Can I leave now? I want to go home” I said.

“Sure. But I’ll have to ask the doctors first.”

“Araso.” I said and with that he left to go to the doctors.

Just then I see Jiyeon, and the rest of B2ST here.

“Ah Jieun-ah! You’re awake! You know how worried we were?” Jiyeon said while walking over to me.

“It doesn’t seem like you were worrying with Doojoon oppa here” you whispered in her ears and she blushed. I giggled.

“Yah. Why would you faint because of fatigue?” Your cousin, Junhyung asked.

“I was practicing till late at night” I said sheepishly.

“Next time, you have to sleep earlier. Don’t push yourself” Junhyung said.

“Ara. I got it.” I said and smiled. “So who won the competition?”

“You don’t know?” Doojoon asked.

“No, the last thing I remembered was we got on stage and then the MC said something, but I couldn’t make out what it was and I fainted” I said.

“Jieun-ah. We didn’t win.” Jiyeon said looking down.

“BWOH?! WE DIDN’T? THEN WHO DID?” I yelled.

“INFINITE did.” Doojoon said.

“BWOH?! Oh no. That means I lost the bet!” I said while pulling my hair.

“A bet? With who?” Jiyeon said.

“I sort of made a bet with Hoya.” I said.

“Hoya? Lee Hoya? Lee Howon? HE CAME BACK?” Junhyung said looking exited.

“Yes oppa he did.” I said looking sad.

“THAT’S GREAT! I mean that’s terrible.” He said as soon as he saw your dark expression.

“So what was the bet?” Hyunseung asked.

Then you told them the long story about you getting fired and then the bet you both made two weeks ago. You also told them how he made the student cry and everything.

“Well at least you’re still teaching those kids!” Dongwoon said.

“Yeah, but I don’t want to work with him” you said glumly.

“Gwenchana. If he does something, we’ll beat him up” Yoseob said. I smiled. “Komawo”.

“Jieun, the doctors-“ he said but he noticed there were people in the room “said  you can leave right now”

“Who’s that?” Kikwang asked.

“That’s Jieun’s boyfriend, Baekhyun” Jiyeon said.

“B-BOYFRIEND?!” everyone looked puzzled.

“YAH! LEE JIYEON!” I yelled. She giggled.

“I was just kidding” she said. I nudged her hard.

“This is my friend, Byun Baek Hyun. He was going to take me home” I said.

Then Kikwang, Hyunseung,Dongwoon and Yoseob were circling him.

“Yah! Don’t scare him like that!” I yelled at them and they stopped.

“Since you’re discharged, let’s go out to eat together, Baek Hyun, you’re in too right?” Junhyung asked.

“I guess so.” He said while rubbing his neck.

“Okay Jieun go get changed and we’ll head out.” Doojoon said. All the guys headed out and then Jiyeon handed me some of my new clothes.

“Thought you might need it” she said.

“Thanks Jiyeon!” she said and I changed in the bathroom.

________________________________________________

Yes. I changed the title to make it less revealing. And I also changed the background because these hearts look sweeter and prettier. LOL

Enjoy!