When we first met...

Competition Rivals

This is the past. When you and Hoya just met[: Right now, let's just say you're 7 years old.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~11 years before~ YOUR POV:

"Ji Eun-ah! We're going to meet some friends of mine. Arasso? We're going to the park!" my eomma said.

"THE PARK?! YAYAYAY" I said and quickly put on my shoes.

You and your mom both headed out the door. You were holding your mom's hand and swung them. You were really happy, because the park was your favorite. The park was really fun and you liked it a lot. You were smiling like a baby. You arrived at the park near your apartment building. You let go of your mom's hand and headed for the swings. You sat on the swings and swung your legs back and forth. 

I was swinging happliy and then someone pushed me off. I fell face flat on tan bark. I tried to get up but my body felt like it was paralyzed. I start crying and crying.

"Eomma!" I cried.

"Ah. JI EUN-AH! GWENCHANA?" my mom said as she tried to pull me up. I hugged her because it was painful. My face was all red. I kept bawling.

"What happened Ji Eun?" my mom calmly asked.

"Someone-pushed me off my swing" I cried. I looked over at the swings, and saw a boy sitting on the same swing I sat on. *It must be him!* I glared at him. I pulled away from my mom and we both sat on the bench together. 

"Are you okay, dear? You want some ice-cream?" my mom said trying to cheer me up.

"YAY. ICE CREAM! I WANT STRAWBERRY!" I said.

"Arasso. Just stay right here. Okay?" my mom stood up and went over to the ice cream parlor. I loved ice-cream. It was something that stopped my tears and made my happy, just as going to the park was.  I wiped the rest of my tears. I looked at the swings, and that boy was staring at me. What a jerk. D:<

 I sat on the bench and my mom came, "Ji Eun! Here's your ice-cream!" 

I quickly grabbed it away from my mom and opened it. I ate it happily. "Kamshanmida Eomma!" I said. 

Some ahjumma came over. "Kyung Hee! It's been quite a long time right?" that ahjumma said and hugged my mom.

"Yes it has been. You look good. I'm so glad, you decided to come back to Seoul!" my eomma said.

"Yes, I want you to meet someone" that lady said. Then she went over to that boy that was on the swing. He came over and hid behind that ahjumma. My mom and I were just watching. 

"This is my son. Lee Howon" that lady said. 

"Why, he's handsome" my mom said, "This is my daughter Song Ji Eun." I stood up from the bench and bowed. 

"Annyeong. I'm Song Ji Eun! And I'm 7 years old" I said and smiled. 

"She's quite adorable Kyung Hee!" that lady said and pinched my cheeks. That boy was just watching me.I ignored him and continued eating my ice cream. 

"Thanks, Hyo Sung~" my mom said. "Ji Eun-ah, this is my friend, Lee Hyo Sung! You must call her Mrs. Lee, arasso?"

"okay. Annyeong Mrs.Lee!" I said still eating my ice cream. 

"Good girl. Howon-ah, this is my friend Song Kyung Hee! You must call her Mrs. Song, arasso?" Mrs. Lee said.

He just nodded his head. He looked super shy. 

"Why don't you two play together?" My eomma said.

" 싫어(Shiro. It means 'No' or 'I don't want to')" I said.

"Ji Eun-ah. Don't be rude. Go play with Howon'' my eomma said.

"But HE'S THE ONE THAT PUSHED ME OFF THE SWINGS" I screamed.

"Bwoh?! Howon! Did you push Ji Eun off the swing?" Mrs. Lee said to his son.

"Aniyo! It wasn't me at all!" He said while shook his hands in front of us.

"I'm so sorry, Ji Eun-ah, please forgive him." Mrs. Lee.

I glared at him and said, "It's okay, Mrs.Lee"

"Okay. Now YOU two, play safe and nicely, arasso?" 

We both ran to the swings, and there was only one seat left. I got on it first and start swinging, and he pushed me off and smirked. I glared at him. I got up and went to the slides. And guess what? He was there and got to the slide first. You went over to the monkey bars and he got there before you did too. Everywhere you went, he was always there first. You were fed up and decided to just sit on the bench. You rushed over to the bench. Then there was a little puppy and you petted it. Howon was just watching you and he wanted to play with the puppy too. He took the puppy away from you and asked his eomma if he could take it. Of course, his mom said yes. 

He didn't know if it was a girl or a boy. So he just named it, Ice-Cream. "Ice Cream! Kaja!" he said. I was upset because I saw the puppy first. D:<

Ever since that day, Howon and me always hated each other. We would always be mean to each other and try to beat each other AT EVERYTHING. Competitions, Contests, Giveaways, Tests, Homework, Sports, EVERYTHING. 

~7 Years Later~

"YES! HE'S FINALLY MOVING AWAY?!" I yelled all happy. Now I don't have to deal with any more competition! Lee Howon, my enemy since I was 7 was finally moving to the states. I'm so happy. Now I don't have to deal with the constant bullying anymore! YAY! (: 

"Wa. I can't believe a girl can be so happy when a friend moves to the States" my eomma said. I stopped my victory dance and glared at her.

"Bwoh? Did you just call us friends? FRIENDS? We were NEVER friends and WILL NEVER BE" I exclaimed and continued my victory dance. 

Before he left, my parents made me go to the airport with them to say our final goodbyes. 

"Kyung Hee-ah. Thanks a lot of helping me all these years. I will miss you" Mrs. Lee said. 

"Yah. Hyo Sung! I will miss you too. You better come back to Korea someday and visit us, arrasso?" me eomma said breaking down in tears. 

Howon and I were a little farther away from them. 

"So I guess this is it right?" Howon said.

"I guess so. I'm finally free now!" I said.

"Shyeah right. I already told some of my friends to bully you" he said, laughing.

"Yeah sure. I hope you die in the states" I said while sticking my tongue out. 

"Bye forever." he said.

"Psh. whatever. See you NEVER" I said.

I then walked away from them and approached our car. I don't miss Lee Howon. And I won't miss him. I'm so happy right now.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

THAT WAS 4 YEARS AGO, WHEN I WAS SO YOUNG AND NAIVE. I'M NOW 18, SENIOR YEAR IN HIGHSCHOOL. A DANCER AND SINGER. I MIGHT NOT BE THAT FAMOUS, BUT ON THE STREETS OF SEOUL, EVERYONE KNOWS ME. Ever since Howon was gone, I WAS THE CHAMPION of everything. Always beating everyone. It felt good for a change. I felt undefeatable.