The Call

Scent of a Flower

“Whoa! It’s Song Ji Hyo.” yelled Jae Suk upon the arrival of one of their guests for today. It’s the actress, Song Ji  Hyo, who was a guest on his former show called “Family Outing”. He smiled upon the actress’ entrance since has known her for quite some time. Ji Hyo’s smile brightened up the day, and her long hair being blown by the wind just shows how pretty she is in person. Jae Suk thought about that situation when he saw Ji Hyo again. He’s now wondering when will be the next time that he will see Ji Hyo smiling at him again.

Suk Jin, on the other hand, thought of Ji Hyo’s concern for him whenever there were female guests. Ji Hyo always chose him to be her partner although she knows that he should be highly maintained. He smiled as he recalls the times where he and Ji Hyo were joking about how little their screen time will be when they’re partners, and he felt so touched when she said, “I don’t care about the air time as long as I’m comfortable being your partner, Oppa. Let’s do our best, Oppa, okay? And make sure you won’t betray me.”

Ha Ha smiled a little when he remembers how awkward he was with Ji Hyo in the beginning. He knows that Ji Hyo was able to capture his heart long before he has fallen in love with his wife. However, things got really awkward between them when Gary started to have a love line with her. It’s only him who knows that he would actually like Ji Hyo to be his woman, but he didn’t pursue with it since he noticed that Ji Hyo is obviously attracted to Jong Kook. He smiled widely when he realized that it’s not just him who had high hopes, but there’s also Gary.

Speaking of Gary, he decided to smoke to let his stress out. Out of the members of Running Man, he knows that he has a lot of moments with his reel partner. It might be untrue to Ji Hyo, but he was there for her for real. Although she was not able to own her heart, he knows that she is in good hands. He only has respect for Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. He knows Jong Kook respects their love line, too. Realizing that Ji Hyo is about to die soon, he shook his head in disbelief. He threw his cigarette away, and just stared at the men, who were also lost in deep thought.

Kwang Soo returned to the hospital when he thought of the times when he fought and cared for his noona (older sister). He said in one of the episodes that Ji Hyo is a bit annoying, and he means it. But that doesn’t mean that he loves her less. For him, Ji Hyo is very lovable. She’s not like any other actresses around. She’s an amazing woman. And thinking about her situation, he thinks that it is just a waste. “Noona, noona! Noona!” he yelled while running. He didn’t notice that a lot of people have recognized him. People then started to speculate something again.

“Hyung!” he yelled when he saw Jong Kook breaking down. “Hyung!” he called again without noticing that he is already crying. “Hyung, you shouldn’t be like that. You have to be strong. Be strong, hyung.” said Kwang Soo that made Jong Kook noticed his presence. “Kwang Soo-ya, Ji Hyo asked me to let her die. What does she think of me? Crazy?” Jong Kook asked him which made him cry harder since he knows Ji Hyo isn’t capable of saying it because she’s sleeping. Furthermore, the machine is the only thing keeping her alive now.

“Hyung, let’s just go home first.” said Kwang Soo to which Jong Kook answered with a no. “I don’t want to.” Jong Kook said in a pressed tone. “I know she will leave me if I leave her, so no. I’m not leaving.” he added. “You are just making it hard for yourself, hyung. It’s hard for me to see you like that, too. You should know how to take care of yourself, too.” said Kwang Soo, but Jong Kook looked at him as he answered, “I take the best of care so I can take care of her well, but if she’ll be gone, then there’s no reason for me to.”

“Hyung, are you really crazy? Do you think it’s worth doing that?” shouted Kwang Soo who can no longer take the situation. “Ji Hyo noona isn’t dead yet, but you are acting like she already died. How can you be called a boyfriend when you can’t be rational at times like this? Hyung, it is not you. Please get a hold of yourself. Do get a hold of yourself. That’s for you, and for Ji Hyo noona, too.” the youngest man added. His words seemed to work on Kim Jong Kook since he became calm. But what he noticed was, he didn’t even look at him. He just looked at Ji Hyo and stepped out of the room quietly.

Kwang Soo stopped following Jong Kook when he sent him a hand signal. His signal told him to stop, so he respected it. “Hyung, just call me if you need anything.” he then said to which Jong Kook answered with silence. The tallest man was surprised when someone tapped his shoulder from behind. It’s his best friend, Song Joong Ki. “I’ve heard the news.” said Joong Ki in a sad manner. “We can’t blame Jong Kook hyung. We all know how much he cares and loves her. We have no idea what kind of pain he’s going through, so let’s be understanding.

Jong Kook remembered Ji Hyo’s request, so he dialled a number. He talked to someone over the phone, and when he learned about the answer, he smiled a little. “Thank you.” he then said before he put the phone down. He drove his car from Seoul to Pohang. When he arrived to Pohang, he remembered the very first time that he saw Song Ji Hyo. He didn’t know what love was way back then, but now he knows its meaning pretty well. He tried to send a message on a set date and on a set time before he dialled another number. When the person on the other line answered, he smiled as he confessed, “She is worth dying for.”