Four out of Five

TVXQ - The Reunion (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What happened? I’m holding onto my fellows to keep my footing, otherwise I’d stumble and fall to the ground. Jaejoong and Yoochun are also tightening their grips. Every single window of this department’s splattered already. The buildings still shaking a bit, then an enormous cloud of dust’s finding its way through the broken windows into the building. Wait… something happened outside?

Some of the higher tier soldiers are hurrying outside with the officers and the commander. We, the other ones, must stay inside. The nurse, the psychologist and the security are staying here too. All the other staff too.

I believe it’s an explosion. Is it the ordnance depot?

Where’s Yunho? I hope he’s alright... Dang it, I’m so worried.

“! Three soldiers died!”, one of the military security guys is screaming.

Who? Oh no… please don’t be someone close to me… I know this isn’t right… but… I don’t care if it’s someone else… just… please not someone I know.

At least Jaejoong and Yoochun are by my side.

“The explosion was near the ordnance depot, but luckily it didn’t blow up too… otherwise we’d all be dead now.”, the security dude’s informing us.

He’s holding a notepad and checking the soldiers inside our department. All the security are checking on us. The security guy’s calling our names in alphabetical order. He’s leaving out Yunho.

Why?! Where’s Yunho?!

“Kim Jaejoong?”, he’s calling for my fellow.

Jaejoong’s still in shock, so he’s answering a bit off time. Later, Yoochun and I are also being called out. Still, where’s my friend?!

Before I even walk up to the security dude, Jaejoong’s suddenly yelling at him in shock and worry.

“Where’s Yunho?! Where’s Jung Yunho?!”, he’s shouting and grabbing the arms of the dude strongly.

Yoochun and I are walking up to them and waiting for the dude to talk. He’s checking out his notepad and shaking his head.

“Your friend left the kitchen earlier, due to his duty around the ordnance depot…”, he’s informing us overstrained.

What? Ordnance depot?! The explosion was somewhere near it! No! Please, don’t tell me…! No! No! It can’t be! No! No! No!

I’m pushing away Jaejoong harshly and grabbing that security dude's shoulders to shake him angrily.

“No! He isn’t dead, right?! Right?!”, I’m asking him in shock.

I’m shaking. My expression’s like… like if my eyes are to pop out. Jaejoong’s losing his strength and falling to the ground. He’s feeling dizzy, I believe. I can hear him sobbing. Yoochun’s crying too, crouching to the floor, and hugging his fellow.

“Is he dead?!”, I’m asking again and drilling my fingers into his shoulders, making him groan.

He’s shaking off my hands and telling me, that he’s to check up on the other soldiers. He has no clue about the ones, who died. He’s then walking away and continuing his duty.

No… this can’t be…

“Look… at me…”, suddenly our nameless roommate’s stuttering.

It’s only me glancing at him, since Jaejoong and Yoochun are busy crying. He’s injured really bad. He probably survived the explosion. He’s lucky. Man, he’s so creepy. What happened to him? Did he do this? Is he behind all of this? The explosion? Probably my fellow’s death?! No… Yunho isn’t dead! No way!

“Go… help him…”, the roommate’s strangely telling me, “He’s still… alive…”

He? Yunho?!

“Where’s Yunho?!”, I’m yelling at him and grabbing his arms.

Then it’s me. A creepy cold feeling. As if… if I touched a spirit. Like… like Yunho told me about Jaejoong touching him before and sensing Yoochun. Yes, I can sense him. Yunho. This… this’s so weird and hella freaking me out. I’m letting go off his arms and stepping back pretty scared about what just right now happened.

“Please… where’s he?”, I’m asking him again, shaking and starting to shed tears.

He’s looking at me with a light smile and a calm expression, and then he’s crying too. What the actual ?! I’m confused… I… I just want to know where my friend is!

“How could you… forget about me, when you still care… so much for each other?”, he’s questioning me and sobbing.

What? I… I don’t get it…

“It was you… who gave me that… name…”, he’s stuttering and then pointing outside, “Yunho’s lying… unconscious next to… the ordnance depot…”

Ok, I have no clue what he meant by his first sentence, but I’m thankful to him to finally tell me where my friend is. I’m nodding and hurrying outside.

There… three dead soldiers are being carried away on stretchers. I don’t know them yet. Maybe I’d cry if I were in here for longer and friends with them… I feel sorry for them. I really do, but… I’m so happy that it’s not my friend.

Then there I see soldiers carrying Yunho. I’m instantly sprinting towards them and grabbing Yunho’s hand.

“Yah! Wake up! You hear me?! Wake up!”, I’m screaming at him.

He’s still breathing but covered with wounds. His right arm is burned badly, and he’s covered in blood. Fresh, warm blood.

Oh no… if his skin becomes worse… he’ll be freaking sad forever. His career’s in danger… I hope SM’s going to help us out.

“Chan… Chan…”, he’s whispering in pain, his eyes still closed, “What… hap-”

He can’t talk clearly right now. Hell no! He should rest!

“Shh…, everything’s going to be fine…”, I’m comforting him and wiping off my tears, “You’ll be ok. Don’t worry…”

Then the soldiers are driving him off to the hospital. I’m not allowed to come along. I’m so pissed! I want to my friend! Ugh!

He’ll be fine… He’ll be fine…

I’m walking back in. Yoochun and Jaejoong are still sobbing.

“He’s alright!”, I’m instantly informing them and pulling them both up, “He’s been rushed to the hospital, he’ll survive! I’m sure of it!”

My fellows are exchanging glances and then hugging me tightly in relief. Yes, I feel eased too. I really do.

I’m pushing them softly off and looking for that roommate. How did he know…? Where’s he? Damn… he vanished again! Ugh, I really hate this! He’s getting on my nerves!

“Jaejoong, I need you to tell me something!”, I’m ordering and looking straight into his watery eyes, “I need to know everything about that nameless roommate of yours!”

Both, my fellows are looking at me in surprise and confusion. Yeah, it may be weird that I’m asking about that dude, when Yunho’s injured… but there’s a connection to it. I know there is! Something’s so fishy, it stinks!

“Well…”, Jaejoong’s starting to inform me, “I met him first after Yoochun’s death.”

He’s tightening his grip on his fellow’s arm as a signal that he’s happy that his friend’s alive.

“He brought us Chunnie’s dog-tag…”, he’s telling me, “He told us that Yoochun’s heart didn’t stop… and that we buried the commander…”

“The commander’s body was found in my grave…”, Yoochun’ sadly admitting and he’s holding back his tears as he’s thinking of his brother right now.

I’m sorry for him… I really am. Dang it Yuhwan! How could you do this?!

“And… he told us that he’s more hurt than Yunho and I’d ever be… that he’s around since 2006.”, Jaejoong’s continuing and thinking hard, “He made me sense Yoochun somehow… when I touched him…”

Yoochun’s looking at Jaejoong unbelievingly. Yeah, I wouldn’t believe him too… but I just experienced it myself. I sensed Yunho.

“Actually… I remember when I woke up in the forest with my memories lost, that he was the one who captured me there…”, Yoochun’s adding ruminative, “He told me that he’d bring you guys to me… and when I ran away, I stepped into a room filled with our photos…”

I’m nodding to their words.

“Well… Yunho told me, that he was helping him out a lot at the beginning, but then he tried to make us fight…”, Jaejoong’s bandying, “But… it was just to test our feelings…”

Yoochun’s nodding to his words and crossing his arms. Ok, there we stand now. In the great hallway, thinking about that roommate of ours, who vanishes all the time, who’s not a soldier, known by no one, being around since 2006, making us sense each other by touching him, and being injured all the time…

“What about his injuries?”, I’m asking my fellows nosy.

Jaejoong and Yoochun are again exchanging brief glances.

“Well… I first noticed him being badly injured after Yoochun’s death…”, he’s again tightening his grip on his friend’s arm.

This is weird… His injuries became better after that, but today after the explosion..., after Yunho being in pain… they became worse. Is he feeling our pain? Like… I don’t know… becoming injured whenever we do?

“Well… he was here few minutes ago… and he was pretty badly injured again…”, I’m telling my fellows, “He told me about Yunho still being alive… and he… he made me sense him, like he made you sense Yoochun…”

They’re looking at me scared. Yeah, I know exactly how they feel about this.

“I asked him once about his name… and all he did was to draw the letter double u into the air.”, I’m informing my friends and checking their reactions as they abruptly become even more curious.

“Cassiopeia?”, Jaejoong’s asking, “Is he a fan or a sasaeng?”

I’m shrugging as I’m not really sure about the roommate at all. I don’t even know if he’s a real person or not.

“This may sound really dumb aaaaand crazy, but what… what if he isn’t a Cassie… but Cassiopeia itself?”, Yoochun’s suddenly assessing unsure.

No way! How should something like a fan base that I’ve called Cassiopeia become a person?! Wait… I named it? Didn’t our roommate tell me… that I was the one to give him that name? That name… as “W” … which means Cassiopeia? No way! This is ridiculous! This… this is humbug! But… the year… He was around since 2006? It’s the year when the fan base was created, I believe… Holy ! This can’t be real! How’s this even possible? We are all nuts! We really are! I don’t believe in this at all!

Jaejoong’s rubbing his own arms and frowning worried. Yoochun’s staring to the ground and ruminating.

“What are you doing here?!”, suddenly someone’s butting into our conversation.

It’s the night watchman. He’s looking at us in anger.

“You should go eat some food and then leave for sleeping! Go!”, he’s ordering hurt and continuing his route.

He’s right, we should eat. I’m starving… but thinking of Yunho… I don’t want to eat until the message of him being healthy reaches to me. To us.

We’re still standing in the hallway, when the cute commander’s suddenly walking towards us with rapid and heavy steps. He’s mad. He’s definitely mad as ! Rang is standing still directly in front of Jaejoong. He’s suddenly slapping him once hard and painful.

“Who deleted the recordings?!”, he’s shouting at him angrily.

Jaejoong’s touching his cheek and stepping back scared. Yoochun’s holding his breath and I’m confused.

What recording? Did… did I miss something?

Jaejoong’s stepping back one more time and still caressing his own cheek. The commander’s grabbing his arm harshly and pulling him over.

What’s going on?!

“Who was it?! You, or Park?!”, he’s shouting at him and tightening his grip, making my friend groan.

He’s then briefly look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter