Double U

TVXQ - The Reunion (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Attention please: This is Changmin's point of view!!! Enjoy!!!

I’m watching my depressed friend leaving. He messed up really bad… I… I know he’s still hurt and probably not trusting me and Yunho, but he has to change his attitude if he wants to achieve a better future for all of us. I think everyone thinks I’m the coldest when it comes to our issue from back then. Yeah, it was a ty situation and I felt betrayed too. Everyone felt bad, but I’ve overcome it. And I believe Yunho, Jaejoong and Yoochun too. Only Junsu’s still a bit… stubborn when it comes to this. Well… I can’t help it. I need to prove him that I’m the trustworthy, grownup maknae. I’ve changed a lot, at least that’s what our fans are saying and of course the staff. I simply became a man. But… there’re things that’ll never change. My obsession with… let’s call it “movies” and of course, I’ve become eviler. Cocky.

The commander’s walking towards me and putting his hand on my shoulder. He’s checking my body and condition from top to toe with one single glance.

“Shim! You’re finally here.”, he’s welcoming me with his deep voice in a weird way, “Let me show you your room and please hand out your phone.”

I’m nodding, taking out my phone and giving it to him. I’m grabbing tight my suitcase and following his steps. He’s instantly putting my phone into his pocket, as if he’s curious about the matter. Tsk. I turned it off, you idiot!

Hmm… the commander’s kinda weird. I don’t know what it is, but he doesn’t seem trustworthy. I kinda feel like he isn’t showing me his real self. Huh, I’m never wrong with my intuitions. Well, I’ll wait and see. But… to be honest, he’s insanely cute! He reminds me of someone… Who was it? He’s looking very young, and I believe he’d totally slay when it comes to aegyo. His dark eyes are big, and round and his lips seem to be created to press kisses on them every second! Wait what?! Eww, Changmin, no! No! Bad boy!

“Kim and Jung had a fight, I assume…”, he’s suddenly assessing out of the blue.

Why does he care? I mean, it’s none of his business.

“Kind of… Sir.”, I’m answering him politely.

He’s glancing at me again and ordering me to call him only Rang. So will I if that’s all he wants. Even though... it's weird to leave out his title. I’m really curious about this commander. It kinda doesn’t suit him. I mean… look at him. He’s a joke!

“I’m pretty cute, right?”, he’s abruptly asking me as if he knew my thoughts.

This is scary man! I’m gulping and nodding overstrained. What’s this question anyway?! A commander must be strict and y.

“To tell you the truth, I’m taking good care of my skin.”, he’s admitting shyly.

Good for him. I mean, what’s he after about? Shall I praise his skin now? Hell no!

“Sir... I mean, Rang, I think we passed my room already…”, I’m changing the topic and pointing at Yunho’s room.

I know these room’s already too well. I’ve been here many times. The great hallway feels like my second home. Ha ha. Dang it! This thought made me grin sarcastically like an idiot! The commander’s looking at me with an evil glance, probably thinking that I’m laughing at him ‘coz of passing by the room… Oops.

“Well, walk in and feel home.”, he’s telling me with his arms crossed, “You’ll have to. Your bed’s above Jung’s. Choose an empty locker, put your things in and hurry to the military training outside.”

I’m saluting him off and entering my room. It’s somehow freezing inside. What’s this cold air? Br! I’m putting down my suitcase and rubbing my arms, as I’ve started to shake. The window’s wide open. Which idiot lets the window opened in winter?! Gr!

Yunho and Jaejoong aren’t here. But there’s someone lying on the bed above my fellow’s. Who is it? Why’s he lying in MY bed?!

“Yah!”, I’m yelling at him and frowning instantly, “That’s my bed! Get down!”

He’s lifting his upper body a bit and looking down to me, then starting to grin all over his face. His smile reaches to both his ears. I wonder why he’s smiling like that. It’s kinda scary…

“Shim, so you came finally.”, he’s assessing, jumping out of his bed, and landing on the ground like a panther.

He’s smoothly straightening himself and slowly opening his eyes to look at me. This’s really awkward. It really is! How does he know my name?!

“Who… are you?”, I’m asking him curiously since I’m sure that I’ve been told that only my fellows and I’d share this room.

He’s tilting his head and smiling at me. Although… his expression seems sad. As if he’s hurt… Then suddenly his eyes are becoming watery… A single teardrop finds its way down his bruised cheeks. Why is he crying? Were my words too harsh about the bed being mine? I didn’t mean to hurt him. It’s just… what’s mine is mine! Wait… is this probably the roommate that Yunho told me about? The dude no one really knows about. Not even the commander… He probably ain’t a soldier. I was told that he disappeared for a while after the old commander was killed. Is he a killer? A serial one?! I mean look at him! He’s still covered with injuries and bruises… Hell no, I’m not going to stay in this room if this dude’s staying too!

“What’s your name?”, I’m asking him and believe me, I know what he’s going to answer.

He’s lifting his head and smiling slightly.

“I’m no one…”, he’s attempting to answer me, but I’m interrupting him and completing his sentence instead.

“… important.”, I’m saying annoyed, “Everyone’s important! So, cut this bull and tell me! You helped my fellows a lot. You somehow know us all… It’s our right to know it. So, tell me your damn name already!”

He’s looking at me, still with a sad smile and watery eyes. Then he’s lifting his hand and drawing some lines with his finger into the air. What’s he doing? Is he insane? Am I really sharing my room with my ex-members, my friend, and a crazy unknown?!

Yunho and Jaejoong are having their never-ending relationship problems, Yoochun’s probably having some serious issues with the police and I have to keep an eye on Yujin when she’s to visit. I’m positive she’ll. Now that I’m here too, no one’s going to hold her back. I could ask Kyuhyun, but I wonder when he’ll come visit his hyungs here… And now… this roommate. Is he even allowed to be here? Not being a soldier means get the out of the military base. Is he real or is he a ghost? I remember Yunho talking some about Yoochun’s dog-tag thingy and about no one else has seen him. No… I don’t believe in such humbug! Spirits won’t get hurt, but he definitely is! He’s human. Just like me, but… crazy. This’s freaking me out! I’m watching his movements carefully and focusing on his finger going up and down.

“W”

That’s what he’s drawn. What’s that supposed to mean? Is he trying to tell me something? I can’t think of something related to this letter. I believe he’s just a freak. Well… I have no other choice, but to live in this room with him for two years. Nice. Really nice.

“Don’t you remember?”, he’s suddenly asking me curiously.

His sad smile vanished. His tears are gone already. He’s looking at me somehow in anger. Holy moly… how fast did his mood change?! What’s his problem? Geez… I’m really annoyed. This’s ridiculous.

“Shim…, you’ll remember me, when you rejoin.”, he’s adding and then leaving the room instantly with soft steps.

Remember him? Is he somehow related to my past? And whom shall I rejoin with? I don’t get it… He’s truly crazy. I’m so going to talk to Yunho and the others about this. Huh… I’m closing the damn window, unpacking my suitcase, and owning the locker next to a locker with a “Hamtaro” sticker on it… It’s hundred percent Jaejoong’s. I can’t believe he’s still into that. But… yeah, somethings never change…

As I’m finally done with my stuff, I’m changing into my trainings uniform and leaving my room… No wait, our room. I need to hurry outside, otherwise the commander is to scold me…

What was his name again? Hang? Bang? Lang?... Ah, I can’t even remember!!

I’m arriving at the parkour grounds and every single soldier’s working out. I’m looking for Yunho and Jaejoong, but they’re nowhere to be seen. I wonder where they have left…

“Shim Changmin, I assume.”, an officer’s calling for me and waving his hand, signaling me to approach, “I’m Sir Dam. I welcome you here.”

I’m automatically saluting him and looking straight into his eyes.

“Soldiers aren’t supposed to look into the eyes of the military staff.”, he’s informing me with a serious expression, “But… it’s ok with me. Just don’t do it with others, alright?”

I’m nodding and lowering my gaze. Why should I look into his eyes then? There’s no exception for me! He’s probably the nicest officer here, but I don’t care.

“Warm up by running ten laps and then start with pushups, before you go on with the parkour.”, he’s ordering with crossed arms, “You see, the parkour’s really hard and it’s your first day, so don’t push yourself.”

Tsk. I’m not the type of person to give up easily. I’m so going to slay this training. I have no difficulties to crouch, climb, jump, or wriggle. I’m a born athlete! Ok, I kinda sound bigheaded now…

After 3 hours of training, I’m out of breath. My lungs are hurting. Burning. I’m soaked with sweat and dirty all over. I need to flush my throat with fresh cold water! I need to take a shower! And the most important thing… I NEED TO EAT! I’m hungry! I’m so hungry, that I believe I’ll start crying like a baby, if we’re not getting a huge pile of food this evening! My stomach’s a black hole… so I really need to eat hella much. I’m wiping off the dirt on my face and dang it. A little bit of mud found its way into my dry mouth. Yuck!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter