Chapter Fourteen

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Fourteen:

Once Dongwan had told everything to Hyesung, the tall pretty man tried to find a solution. He was a cop after all. His eyes wandered around the room, gaze landing to Dongwan many times, rising from toes to the head, when Minwoo appeared from the backroom and laced his arm with Dongwan. Hyesung felt a stinging pain in his chest, but let it slide when Minwoo began to talk.

“If Eric wants me, maybe I should just turn myself in.”

“No way!” Dongwan panicked.

“Maybe he should,” Hyesung shrugged, having only one thought – if Minwoo was out of the picture – dead even – he would have Dongwan.

However, the look on the criminal’s face was far from acceptance as he glared at the police officer and shook his head. “No. We won’t sacrifice my husband to that enormous !” he bellowed. “If Eric is willing to fight, he’ll fight with me.”

“No!” Hyesung jumped up.

Dongwan widened his eyes.

“He won’t take you if he doesn’t get Minwoo either.” Hyesung sounded really pissed off. “He won’t listen to anyone unless he gets your ing husband back, ok?”

The two short men leered at each other, realizing that their life would be full of misery if they ended up breaking up due to Eric to have peace, and for some reason Hyesung suddenly turning into vexed mess when they mentioned Eric and their unbreakable love made them shocked.

“You won’t win Eric!” Hyesung chanted angrily. “You will never win if you continue like this!” he pointed at the united hands. “You will never get a happy ending as long as he is in charge.”

“He is right,” Minwoo whispered, letting go off Dongwan’s hand. “I need to turn myself in…and…and stop this all.”

               

                ***

 

Junjin hated to look at himself.

He looked ugly.

He looked awful.

Andy was there too, staring at the repulsive picture of his ex-stripper.

Junjin could see the look of disgust in his face – it was all hidden behind that serious, worried mask – and it made him hate himself even more. His body didn’t fit a wheelchair. The wheelchair didn’t fit his style at all. And it made him despise it.

Andy despised it too, didn’t he?

He kept gawking at it.

He didn’t dare to touch it.

He was itching to touch it.

But he didn’t.

He just let his gaze linger through the wheels, the chair and Junjin, whose bottom lip was quivering and eyebrows were furrowed above the eyes. He hated the view. He hated the new image he was about to have and he hated that he couldn’t feel his legs.

“Oppa…”

Andy turned his head to the door.

Junjin kept glowering at his own picture, ignoring the gentle girl voice that belonged to his sister. She stepped inside, advanced the two older guys and once her gaze landed to the wheelchair, Junjin felt the ache in his heart and bowed his head down.

“I brought flowers,” she said to Andy, who took the bouquet. “How…are you oppa?”

Junjin scoffed.

“I can’t feel or move my legs and I will never be able to, so I guess I am feeling wonderful,” he was sarcastic.

Andy apologized to his sister-in-law by bowing and moved aside with her so Junjin wouldn’t hear what they were talking about. It would have made him very sensitive. It already hurt Andy that the older man kept looking at himself through the mirror, finding himself abominating.

“He will be fine…” The sister assured.

“You haven’t known him as long as I have…” Andy’s voice shivered.

“But I’ve known him enough…” she told and glanced at the oppa. “And he will grow to accept this and the whole situation. He needs time.”

The bartender exhaled sadly, looked at the girl and then walked to Junjin. He stood behind him for a while, before he put his arms around the shoulders and hid his face to the neck. Junjin startled, staring at the reflection confused and then smiled.

“I will kill him…” Andy murmured. “I promise…I will revenge this…” he sobbed.

The little sister kneeled down next to her oppa and put her hand on his.

“Your niece made this,” she gave him a card. “She really misses you.”

Junjin took the piece of paper and examined it. The tears commenced rolling down as he turned his upper body and hugged the woman.

                ***

Dongwan managed to run to the apartment and prevent Minwoo from walking out. He grabbed the wrist and pulled him back inside the house, and threw him to the couch. Dongwan sat on him, straddling the waist, and looked into the eyes of misery.

“Minwoo, please, listen to me. What you saw wasn’t anything.” Dongwan tried. “She is just a friend…a…a good friend.”

“Shut up!” The tears were streaming, as Minwoo wiggled his body.

Dongwan was losing his grip around the wrists and it didn’t help that he wasn’t even properly on the man on the couch. And Minwoo was damn strong when he was hurt.

“She is a message dealer,” Dongwan told. “She and I pretend to be a couple inside so people won’t think we are strange.” He explained.

Minwoo was calming down.

“She told me things about this guy I am dealing with…and people walked past us, shady people, so we kissed and that’s what you saw.” The younger man talked really slowly, reassuringly, the wrists softly to gain Minwoo’s trust.

“You don’t love me! You are exactly like him!” Minwoo screamed.

“I…” Dongwan retreated a little. “You really love me…?”

“, yes!” Minwoo managed to kick the criminal off of him. “But it doesn’t matter, does it?”

The slightly taller man stood up and looked at the man he was proud to call his lover. He cupped his face and kissed him, rubbing the lips so they would part. Minwoo could meddle for a brief second, but then he gave in to love and landed to the ragged couch. Dongwan pressed the arms above the head and ogled deeply into the eyes.

“If you don’t believe me…then join me.” Dongwan mumbled. “I need an ally.”

“Why would I join you…?” Minwoo was still trying to show he was angry. “You’d betray me like he did.”

Dongwan shook his head.

“There won’t be me if you don’t join me. Together, we are like Bonnie and Clyde.”

Minwoo couldn’t help but break a smile.

“I’ll be Clyde.” He whispered.

                ***

“Junjin!” Minwoo and Dongwan ran to the man in the wheelchair. “You look much better than the other day.” Minwoo complemented.

Junjin tried to smile, but the fact that he was still handicapped made it forced. There were so many things he couldn’t do anymore, and so many things he felt guilty off that he would have rather stayed in hospital where he was on no one’s way.

“Andy, can we talk to you about something?” Dongwan asked quickly.

“Sure,” The bartender had become way softer after his stripper’s accident, the eye bags so black that even panda could have been jealous. “Let’s go to my office.” He gestured and the three guys walked away.

Junjin looked at them receding and exhaled, rolling the wheels of his chair behind the counter to get himself something to drink. He was pouring a glass of whisky when steps approached the main hall, and a phone rang. Junjin, after everything that happened to him, hid behind the counter.

“Sir,” It was Hyesung.

Junjin sighed relieved and grinned widely, arm ready to wave.

"Stop calling me, or I will get caught." Hyesung hissed to the phone. 

The disabled one scowled. 

"I will never betray you, Mr. Mun,"

Junjin had to cover his mouth when he heard the name escape those lips; his heart was thudding fast and painfully, and he could feel the cracks of betrayal. Dammit...there was no one with him to prove this moment. 

"From now on," Hyesung murmured. "...we shall use texting..."

Junjin panted to the hand, feeling the warm steam on the palm. He was in the verge of tears, thinking their only hope to capture this Eric guy (who had put him in the wheelchair in front of everyone) had been the police officer. It was heartbreaking to hear that the hyung Junjin had trusted to ever since he had seen him, was a bad guy as well.

“Ah, Eric-sshi…they will use Minwoo as a bait…to get you. Don’t get fooled…” Hyesung talked to the phone, rubbing the forearm frantically.

He was on drugs.

“I can’t talk for long, as I am at the bar, but be alert,” Hyesung muttered, clicked the red button and slid the phone to his pocket.

When he turned, the face remained the same, but a gasp escaped the two thin lips.

“Junjin…”

“Hyung…how could you...?"


I had a full story of Jinnie and his sister planned, but since this is a woodong fic I felt like not telling JinDy's story so maybe when this fic is done (or like an extra chapter) I can tell how JinDy met and who the sister is and how is she important to jindy story (well, important and important) if you want to know I can do like an explanation chapter or flashback or something. :D 

 

I have to say, i personally really like it. :)

 

I was told to do the jindy thing as a spin-off for this, but it wouldnt be chaptered and I dont know if I should do a long-ish one shot to my account so I might add a chapter here someday :) I mean there will be woodong in that one too. Hehe.