Chapter Five

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Five

“We won’t go with you,” Minwoo spat out to Eric and turned his back at him. “Come Dongwan,” he mumbled to the husband, grabbed his hand and took him upstairs.

Minwoo commenced getting his clothes on, while Dongwan was sitting on the bed. He was contemplating, getting thrown at by clothes, when the older guy stopped rummaging the room and was finally in his broken clothes.

“What?” he asked.

“Nothing…” Dongwan looked down at his feet.

“If you’re wondering about me and Eric, forget it, ok? He became an enemy as soon as that bullet hit me.” Minwoo explained and crossed his arms onto his chest. “And before that it was just plain disaster.” He muttered and grabbed some bullets from the nightstand.

The slightly taller man twiddled his fingers and pondered on what to say next, when Minwoo crouched down in front of him and looked up at the upset face. He knew why the other man had such a long face, but they had no time to stay there and talk. Eric had barged into the restaurant and possibly attracted every police officer in town.

“You could have told it was him…” Dongwan murmured. “Eric…”

“And what? You wouldn’t have married me?” The older man cupped the jaw. “Wannie…he is your frenemy, and he is my ex, but my heart doesn’t beat for him anymore.” He grabbed the other hand forcibly, wrinkling the skin, and brought it onto his chest. “I love you…”

“Really…? He didn’t unleash old feelings or anything…?” Dongwan whispered, feeling speedy heartbeats against his palm.

The shorter man threw his head back to chuckle handsomely, and when he stood up, he pulled the other guy onto his feet and kissed him.

“What feelings?” Minwoo crooned.

               

***

 

“Tell me,” Dongwan glared at the slender man.

“Where is the stuff…?” The tall friend sniffed, and reached his hand to Dongwan’s pocket.

“Na-ah, Hyesung…” The criminal moved his finger around and caused the police officer to narrow his eyes and squeeze the lips together. “You will tell me when it is a good time to strike, or you won’t get this grass, ok?” the police officer growled, but nodded.

Hyesung took a step back when the older man shoved his hand back and forth, and they both looked around in case someone took them off guard from the alley. Dongwan had hidden his face underneath a mask again, and his sunglasses were big enough to cover the other half (he had stolen them from some rich dude – celebrity or something) and the dark hair peeked only a little under the hoodie. Something protruded in the pocket, and Hyesung looked at it deliciously, knowing it was his reward.

“The jewelry store opens at 7AM, and at 11PM the owner will go and have a lunch.” Hyesung whispered. “Approximately at 12PM, he’s done and he will return. Which means you have an hour to steal whatever you are looking for.” He sniffed again, pupils dilated and cheeks flushed.

Dongwan nodded.

“What about security cameras?” He interrogated.

“They haven’t worked for weeks after the fire at the restaurant next to the store, therefore I have been working as his guard.” Hyesung could smell the grass. “You come in when he is eating, knock me out, and steal whatever you need.” He told.

The older man smirked evilly, and retreated from the police officer, whose hand kept rubbing the spot on top of the crook of the elbow. The slender man was about to attack the pocket again, when Dongwan pulled it out and threw it at the guy like it was a filthy bag and watched the police officer kneel down to the ground to save the precious bag of goodness.

“Once again, Hyesungie, good job.” Dongwan tapped the shoulder and walked away.

“Detective Jung, do you hear me?” The criminal hurried out of the alley, and when he was gone, Hyesung grabbed the walkie-talkie from the belt and spoke to it. “Where were you detective Jung?”

“Something came up and I had to switch it off. What is up?” Hyesung mumbled, inhaling the reek coming from the bag.

“Something came up, Detective Jung Pil Kyo is needed.” The lady voice said and the police officer answered. He hid the bag inside his suit and walked out of the alley like he had been peeing or something.

                Dongwan glanced at his watch right on time, as the jewelry store owner exited the shop and left the snitch police officer in charge. The criminal watched the guy walk away from the boutique and cross some road, as he looked around and advanced the store.

Normally, like he was a customer, he opened the door and smiled at the guy standing at the corner, greeting him and taking a note that the cameras had been hidden with some random cloth. Marvelous, Dongwan thought and strolled around the small store, trying to find what he was looking for.

The police officer kept examining him; this time Dongwan hadn’t covered his face, but showed it in full glory to Hyesung. The criminal poked the glass as if studying the gold relics when he jumped to the other side of the line, pushed Hyesung and made sure he hit the back of his head to the wall. It was only to pass him out. Dongwan checked he indeed was breathing.

“You have served me well, Hyesung.” He tapped the crown of the head, grabbed an object that was hanging from the wall and broke the glass. “No alarms. Huh,” Dongwan sniggered and hauled everything he could in one bag.

All this he had managed to do in 15 minutes.

Dongwan jumped onto the other side again, and was about to leave the shop, when he noticed two very fancy rings in a very big vitrine. He had not planned to take anything extra, besides some money of course, but those two stones blinded him.

“Sorry Hyesung,” he apologised to the police officer, broke the glass with his elbow and took the two rings. “But I gotta eat okay?”

Satisfied by his haul, Dongwan disguised himself properly, hid his gun under the loose shirt and exited the shop like he had been shopping. He walked off back to the place he had been scrutinizing the shop and waited for the owner to come back and see that his shop had been robbed.

“I love this job,” Dongwan chuckled.

               

                    ***

 

“Where will you go?” Eric asked.

“As far away from you as possible,” Minwoo flashed a fake smile.

“You don’t have to act like a ,” The leader of the mafia spoke dryly and gestured his arm at his men who one by one exited the bar. “It never looked good on you.” He added.

The shorter guy put his hands onto his hips, unamused by the leader’s remark, waiting for Dongwan to finally come back downstairs. There was tension between Eric and Minwoo – like you couldn’t see it – and Andy was afraid to leave them alone. Just because his bar smelled and looked disgusting, it didn’t mean they could wreck it every damn time Dongwan was there.

“You never knew what looked good on me.” Minwoo commented.

“And he does?” Eric meant Dongwan.

“Yes,” The shorter one answered. “Dongwan knows what is good for me.”

The leader snorted annoyed and yanked Minwoo closer to him by the hand. The younger man gasped and tried to pry himself free when Eric leaned in and murmured, “Does your precious Dongwan know about our ravenous night at the abandoned cottage? Or do you want me to enlighten him?”

“What’s going on?” Minwoo stomped Eric’s foot and managed to get himself free, as he walked to Dongwan and kissed him. “I trust you Eric, even though you left me back then, but if you dare touch Minwoo with your filthy hands, I know how to use every single weapon in this world.” The youngest guy muttered. “And I won’t be afraid to do that…”

Minwoo glowered at the tall man.

“Whatever,” Eric snarled. “He will beg for the days he and I were together,” with his last words, he exited the bar and stepped into the fancy black car.

Junjin appeared back from the backroom, and meanwhile the others had been talking and arguing, he had changed his clothes to his stripper outfit. Dongwan and Minwoo were looking at him, as he stood right in front of them, arms crossed above his chest.

“Where are you going now?” the younger man questioned.

“We don’t know.”

“Well, remember,” Andy joined the tall man. “Whatever happens to you; if you two ever mention my bar, I will make sure that’s the end of you.”

Junjin nodded.

“We won’t…” the two criminals exhaled.

“Awesome...” Andy was serious when he added, “Good luck. Now get the out of my bar.”