Chapter Six

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Six

Dongwan jumped out of the metro right before the conductor came inside to check the tickets, and held the strap on his bag tightly. He looked around like every human surrounding him was a police officer and made sure no one got to touch his bag.

Maybe he should have gone in a disguise after all. Dongwan was the master of disguise and no one would have seen him if he had worn a suit and some very funny looking accessories. Now he was glanced at whenever he walked past a person who was way better dressed than him.

Everyone couldn’t afford fancy suits. That’s why Dongwan had earrings, a worn-out hoodie and sweatpants. At least he looked decent.

“Excuse me sir,” Dongwan tensed to his spot. “Can I ask you something?”

He turned around very slowly, arms up like he was pointed at with a gun, and saw the teenage girl. He dropped the arms down and scoffed to his embarrassing act and smiled to the pretty girl.

“Sure, ask.” Dongwan said.

“I need to get to the university, but I cannot understand this map. Where should I go?” she interrogated. Dongwan explained it to her as clearly as he could, and made sure she went to the correct destination.

When the girl was gone, and Dongwan had chuckled happily, he realised that his bag was gone.

“Oh , it was just a scheme!”

And suddenly he was attacked from nowhere, hidden underneath a black hood of some sort, and was taken away from the metro station. Dongwan knew it was all so he could not see the route to the way they were going – he had a hunch and he was already annoyed – and he respected that. Besides, the two men were big enough to prevent him from escaping if he wanted to.

“We’re here,” the other guy mumbled, and took the hood off.

“Still working your asses of for him? He won’t give you a raise you know,” Dongwan smirked but was kicked to the floor.

“Despicable,” the other one spoke and walked out of the room with the guy who had kicked Dongwan.

The door was closed behind him when he stood up and wiped the hands clean of the disgusting dust. He cleared his throat and turned to look at the chair that creaked.

“I knew it was you,” Dongwan muttered. “You at being secretive, Eric.”

The tall man stood up from the chair and approached the other criminal. Eric folded his arms above his chest and halted his steps in front of Dongwan, who looked like he was 100 times more insignificant than Eric was. Well, the other guy was a different kind of a criminal.

“You stole my bag.” Dongwan said angrily.

“You owed me.” Eric smiled.

“I didn’t owe you ! I don’t even work for you! I don’t do to you!” The shorter one retorted.

The gang leader chuckled handsomely again, and brought his hand to the shoulder. Dongwan shook it off and glared at Eric, wanting to spit on that smug face. Eric was a different kind of friend; sometimes he was very good friend – trustworthy – and sometimes he was very unreliable. Those times Dongwan always wondered why he always crawled back to this man.

“Correct; you don’t work for me or do for me,” Eric spoke. “But you still owe me.”

“I hate you,” Dongwan snarled.

“Oh, it is mutual.” The tall one laughed and tapped the shoulder. “You can go now.”

Dongwan felt the anger bubbling as he stomped his foot to the ground. Eric looked at him so very amused that it irritated the out of the younger guy.

“You brought me here to tell that?!”

“Yes,” Eric grinned. “I wanted to see your face. And by the way, it was priceless.” He cackled.

The shorter man kicked the man to his calf, turned huffily around and marched out of the secret place like he knew where to go. When Eric stopped be on the floor, a door behind him was opened and a tiny confused looking man entered the room.

“Who was it?” Minwoo interrogated.

“No one worth my time.” Eric answered.

               

***

 

“Minwoo,”

“Mmm?”

Dongwan halted his steps and let the other man shift his gaze at him. The small eyes were bemused, while the lips pouted quizzically. The expression on the younger man’s face, however, was serious. Minwoo rarely saw that look, but when he did it horrified him.

“What you saw at the bar—“

“Don’t talk about it,” Dongwan cut his husband. “I do not want to think about something I would regret.” He diverted his eyes from the other guy.

They were standing in the middle of a street. People walked normally around them, kids running and dogs plodding beside their humans. Dongwan had not covered his face this time and the wind rustled the hair. He was concerned for almost nothing and Minwoo hated it. That was why he hated Eric; that guy never knew when to act dumbly.

“But nothing happened!” Minwoo assured. “He thinks I am still in love with him!”

“I know you had something special Minwoo ya…” Dongwan crooned.

“But I have something much more valuable with you! With Eric it was just constant hiding, dangerous situations and forbidden love! Not even once had I thought about marrying him!” Minwoo yelled. “It pains me to see that’d you would think of me as a bad person!”

Dongwan noticed that people around them started paying attention to them and some of them were whispering and looking at something while pointing. Tears were welling in the eyes of the older guy, as Dongwan grabbed his face and kissed him. Minwoo stopped moving his arms crazily and just slowly closed his eyes, answering the kiss bewildered.

“I don’t…think of you like that…” Dongwan murmured. “I think of him…like that.”

“Then why does it bother you so much?”

“He is very evil…and you love it…” The younger guy bowed his head down.

Minwoo chuckled lovingly and held the chin with his fingers, and said, “He is too evil.”

               

***

 

Minwoo was lost; he had wanted to go for a short walk in the huge house that Eric had invaded to sort some thoughts. He was very sure he had walked past the same artwork twice already, but when he took a closer look at it, it seemed to have different colours. Fake, he thought and continued walking.

Minwoo walked to the end of a corridor and noticed that the door that usually was locked was now wide open. He knew it was forbidden – even to him – but his heartbeat told him to go check it out. What if someone had entered it to steal whatever was inside? Minwoo knew Eric would never get angry at him if he was to stop a robber of some sort and therefore he got inside.

“Hello…?” he asked, voice shivery. “He…llo?”

Minwoo stepped onto something and startled, chills going down his spine. The room was dim and no one could see where they were going. Minwoo took out his lighter and clicked it on and looked around, seeing fancy and shimmering objects around him.

He gasped.

All of this is stolen!? He pondered, hand on top of his mouth. “Daebak…” he muffled himself, and advanced another door.

He could see light.

“Is he fully in your grasp, Eric?” Minwoo recognized that voice as he scurried to see through the small crack. “Is he hopelessly in love with you?”

Eric looked down at his feet.

“Yes, sir. I’ve managed to make him fall in love with me,” Minwoo had a terrible hunch in his gut, when the tall man talked about him in that way. “Your plan has worked well, your highness.” Eric bowed 90 degrees, and revealed who he was talking to.

Minwoo gasped even louder, his voice so shocked and hurt that the two guys inside the lighted up room heard it. Eric, like a wolf, turned his head at the person behind the door and narrowed his eyes. Minwoo covered his mouth with his palm again and tried to be less audible.

“Is it him...?” The old voice asked. “Is it my son?”

Minwoo started backing when Eric approached the door, his hand hovering on the gun pouch. The old man behind the desk stood up as well, and when the door was banged open, Minwoo turned around, not looking back whatsoever, and only heard the trigger being pulled. The last thing was the sharp pain on his shoulder as he glanced over it and felt the heart shattering.  

Eric had shot him.   

                ***

Dongwan and Minwoo stood behind the corridor and spied on a grocery shop. Their stomachs were grumbling and neither of them had eaten anything at the bar. They didn’t have enough money for anything, and that’s why they needed a plan.

“What do you want babe?” Dongwan questioned the other one.

“Anything. I could eat you.” Minwoo his lips.

“Later,” Dongwan smirked and the cheek. “We need a disguise.”

Minwoo saw a clothes shop on the other side of the road and pointed at it. Dongwan nodded, grasped the other hand and strode to the boutique. They chose random clothes from the piles that said ‘for free’ and went to the dressing rooms.

“No, no, no, I do not approve this!” Dongwan exclaimed.

“What?” Minwoo blinked his eyes. “You look y.”

“I won’t be the woman!” the younger guy sulked. “I am the man!”

Minwoo giggled.

“I decide since I am the master of clothing + I am older than you,” he stung the tongue out and thanked the nice lady who had helped him at making Dongwan the lady. “You won’t be pregnant that long.”

“WHAT!?”

 

---tbc---