Chapter Seventeen

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Seventeen

It smelled of hospital. Junjin couldn’t remember how long had it been since he had been in the same room last time, as he was drowsy from morphine. At least he didn’t feel pain, heartache and exhaust, as the pills had eased every single one of them. Junjin lifted himself up with the arms and clutched his hands to the legs to move them with him once he was comfortable.

“Ah, you’re awake.” A doctor entered the room.

She had long brown hair, and underneath the white coat, she wore a red silky dress. She stepped beside the bed and opened the chart to see the patient’s information.

“Park Chungjae,” she read out loud. “Right?”

Junjin nodded.

“Guardian: Lee Sunho.” She read.

“Andy! How is Andy!?” Junjin turned fast toward the lady, head becoming dizzy and eyes turning blurry. “How is he?!” he almost grabbed her collar, but she managed to step back. “Where is Andy!?”

The doctor took a pencil between her thin fingers and wrote something to the chart. The man was certain she wrote that he is crazy as hell. But when she pulled a chair, and placed the chart to the desk next to the bed, Junjin realized she was acting normal.

“You must love this man a lot, right?” She spoke.

Junjin nodded slowly, eyes full of desperation as the lady didn’t answer his question.

“Where is he…?” He mumbled.

“He is…stable-ish.” She replied, hands on her lap, fingers entwined.

“What does that mean?” Junjin was impatient. “What is stable-ish?”

The doctor grabbed the man’s hand into hers and looked deep into the worried brown eyes. Junjin breathed heavily, lips parted, the air puffing out in uneven exhales.

“He is in coma,” she replied. “We highly think he is brain dead.”

Junjin’s stomach turned.

“Also, we had to…” she couldn’t look at the man.

“…what?”

“We had to amputate his left foot.” The lady explained. “It was crucially broken when we took him here.”

Junjin’s face turned white.

“Mr. Park,” She stood up. “While you were fainted, we ran some tests and we noticed that some stimuli in your legs were provoked.”

Junjin raised his head.

“What?”

“If you work hard…” the lady smiled. “You might actually get your ability to walk back.”

That’s why he had been able to jump off the wheelchair…

                             ***

Minwoo did not move when Eric entered the sell. He did not stir when the branded leather shoes clasped on the rock hard floor and advanced him. Minwoo didn’t show signs of caring, when Eric sat down to the bed and ran his disgusting, warm hand through the stomach. The leader smiled sinisterly once the goosebumps appeared to skin.

“I swear you will get over Dongwan,” Eric murmured. “I swear I will make you forget him.”

Minwoo kept staring at the window above the bed; he saw the sunrays, he heard the birds, he heard the freedom, but he didn’t yearn for any of those. The chest barely rose after each inhale, and descended slowly after each exhale.

“LOOK AT ME!” Eric yelled, grasped the chin and turned the head at him.

Minwoo was looking at him, but the eyes were empty, expressionless, soulless. It was like watching a painting or a statue, something that didn’t really live but had a form of some kind. The beautiful, lively, smiley Minwoo was no longer, as the pale, ruined, broken Minwoo had taken over. The lips that always looked luscious and kissable were rough and chapped.

Eric should have regretted taking him away from Dongwan, but he didn’t feel such burden. He was proud, a despicable man, who only took what he wanted and desired; especially desired. He didn’t care if Minwoo was only a mere body, because he still worked. He didn’t have a soul, or spirit, but he had a body that Eric could caress and touch.

“Even if Dongwan was alive,” Eric mumbled, face now right in front of Minwoo’s as he trailed his fingers towards the lower body. “…he wouldn’t be able to get your back.”

Minwoo’s lips were kissed, bitten, but his eyes didn’t even blink.

“This time I won’t let you go that easily,” Eric told. “I won’t let you out of my sight. You’ll be within my reach every single possible way.” he searched for the right spot. “And I won’t let you even think about the man who stole you from me.” he gritted his teeth and pushed his fingers inside Minwoo, who let tears flow down his emotionless face.

                             ***

Dongwan was thrown into the car; he hit the opposite wall, growled and fell to the floor. The chained hands were curled into fists, and they kept squeezing shut so tightly that the knuckles were white. Someone stepped into the van and pulled him up by the hair and pushed him harshly to a broken seat next to the window. His forearms were risen in front of his face, and the chains were locked to the safety handle.

“Make sure no one is following us,” Hyesung ordered the two guys.

“Where will you take me?” Dongwan shivered.

The traitor smirked and stepped into the van, squatted down so he’d fit, and crawled to the criminal. Hyesung kneeled in front of Dongwan and cupped his face – Dongwan tried to shake the hands off of him. The police officer/drug user/traitor leaned in and butted his thin lips against the ones he loved. Dongwan whimpered, fought, and eventually kicked Hyesung away from him.

“Don’t touch me!” his eyes were glistening.

“But Wan ah,” Hyesung murmured. “You have no one else.”

The two guys sat to the front seats and the door of the van was closed. The car , and drove away from the yard of Eric’s secret place. Hyesung admired the man in front of him, studying the body, and touched the scars and wounds that had appeared after Dongwan had been assaulted.

“Don’t touch me!” Dongwan spat.

“You know I like them feisty, don’t you?” Hyesung smirked and tickled the skin with his long fingers. “You have to get used to this my love. You don’t have anyone else anymore. Minwoo is going to die eventually in the hands off Eric, or…someday he might fall in love with his old lover again.”

Dongwan furrowed his eyebrows angrily, teeth digging into the inner cheeks. He wanted to hit Hyesung so hard, but the hands were tied up tightly. Dongwan squeezed the fists, knuckles turning whiter and whiter, and tried to pry them free by just moving them furiously.

“Wan ah, have you heard the saying…” Hyesung reached for a bag and opened it. “…first love never dies?” he pulled out a syringe.

Dongwan stared at it in shock.

“It’s…true love…” he whispered, gazing at the object in Hyesung’s hands.

The traitor glared at the captive, and tested the syringe by pushing it down, and when couple of drops squirted out the end, Dongwan swallowed a bitter lump. Hyesung smiled satisfied and leaned in, as he butted their lips together again, bit Dongwan’s roughly, and pushed the needle to the ribs. The criminal groaned, and tried to meddle with the police officer, when his whole body turned into jelly.

Hyesung smirked.

“This will paralyze you temporarily.” he explained to the man who could still hear. “You’ll be paralyzed for couple very long hours.” he chuckled and put the syringe where it had come from. “You know Dongwan,” Hyesung stood up a little and started unbuckling his belt. “After years of being just a snitch to you, I just couldn’t take it anymore. When Eric approached to me with a better offer, I did not hesitate at all.”

Dongwan moved his eyes.

“When I heard that he would help me to get rid of Minwoo, I just signed the contract and didn’t regret it.” Hyesung laughed. “He kept his promise and I kept mine. He has what he wanted and I have what I wanted.” he spoke and moved towards the guy who was limp like a spaghetti. “I wouldn’t want to do this to you like this but…there is no other way to make you fall in love with me,” Hyesung the relaxed face and lifted the sprawled legs around his hips. “Dongwan ah, I love you.”

                             ***

Junjin was allowed to see his lover, who was in a breathing machine. He touched everything carefully, before he set his serious gaze to Andy and mumbled, “I won’t rest until I’ve revenged this…I will…I will find Eric Mun…and that bastard Shin Hyesung…and kill both of them…for the sake of you…and Dongwan hyung…and Minwoo hyung…”

Andy’s heart monitor bleeped.

“And when I come back,” Junjin stated. “I will marry you…and we will go abroad…just like you always wanted. When this is all over…I will grant your every wish…” he Andy’s hair. “When you and I are okay, I will take you to a paradise…and we will forget…everything.”

The bleeps on the monitor began to be uneven.

“And when I can walk again,” Junjin grunted angrily. “I will take care of you like you have taken care of me all these years…”

The monitor shocked Junjin once it speeded up to a crazy fast speed and Andy’s bed shook incontrollably. The guy wheeled back terrified and doctors sprang to the room and pulled out objects Junjin had never seen. In front of him they saved Andy from a shock.

                             ***

 Months passed fast and eventually Eric lost his patience toward Minwoo and slapped him. However, as fast as it had happened, the leader of the gang drowned the cold face to kisses, chanting endless apologies to the man he loved. Minwoo didn’t care. His head was moved back and forth violently, but he barely even breathed.

“Mr. Mun,” Eric abandoned Minwoo once the door burst open, and nodded towards the man who nodded at him. “Hyesung-sshi called an emergency phone call.”

“What did he say?” The leader of the gang interrogated fast.

The member of the gang looked at the boss horrified and said, “Kim Dongwan has escaped.”

Minwoo finally stirred on the bed, as he felt the warmth of tears rolling down his cheeks and his mouth forming to a relieved smile.

Dongwan was alive.