Chapter Four

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Four:

Minwoo chose not to speak. He had not told everything about his life and he chose not to talk about this part of it either. But the younger man was angry, as he grabbed a hold on the upper arms and held the guy near. Minwoo’s head was tilted to the side and he was looking out of the small hole. He didn’t care that Dongwan was squeezing his arms to bruises.

“Minwoo…how do you know Eric?” he whispered.

“Does it matter…?” Minwoo crooned back and jerked his body away. “I don’t have to explain myself to you.”

He turned his back at Dongwan and the scar on the back was visible through the white fabric. The bullet hole, which no one knew where it had come from, but Minwoo himself, was aching. Dongwan glanced at the small hole and suddenly he jumped to Minwoo and they heard a gun launching.

“There is a secret hatch upstairs,” Eric spoke to one of his guys. “Go get them.”

Junjin pulled a gun out and pointed it at the tall man, who just snorted and shoved his arm. Swiftly someone grabbed a hold on the other man and pulled him out of the bar, Andy screaming after him. Eric slid the gun to the belt he had around his waist and then glared at the bartender.

“You will get your guy back.” Eric told. “They will just teach him a lesson.”

“What does that mean!?” Andy seemed shocked and panicky and he was about to run out, when some guy caught his waist and made him gasp all the air out. He was thrown down to the floor to inhale and exhale, and Eric stepped beside him and crouched down.

“What will they do to him?” the bartender shuddered, hearing Junjin’s grunts outside.

Eric touched his face and wiped some strands off the forehead, until Andy shook his head and bit his cheeks. The guy pulled the hand back and mumbled, “Just teach him a lesson. He didn’t do anything; just, he wasn’t polite.” He tapped Andy’s cheek and stood up. “Oh, here they are.”

A guy had two short men hanging from his hands as he dragged them down the stairs and threw them in front of Eric’s feet. The man withdrew to take a good look at Minwoo as he squatted down again – in his damn fancy suit – and cupped the chin with one hand.

“Hi…sweet cheeks.”

                ***

Minwoo waited that everyone had exited the kitchen before he hurried out of the backdoor. He ran through the backyard, all the way to the courtyard to pick up the car, and slid inside like a fox. He put the keys to the lock and turned and the car started.

It was an old car, possibly at least 7 years old, and it kept doing a terrible noise. Minwoo might have as well just tell his mother he was going out and disobeying her since everyone could hear that piece of crap trying to work. But since no one was there to prevent him from leaving the yard, Minwoo backed out of the gates and made sure he was not followed.

He was not.

Minwoo looked around, and turned the car to a small pathway when he had entered a dark looking forest. It was forbidden to go there, but Minwoo was a daring soul and he followed his heart wherever it led him. And now his heart was leading him somewhere he actually wanted to go to.

When the road commenced being way too rocky for the old car, Minwoo turned it off and got off. He closed the door loudly, and walked to the other side. His bag was nicely folded to the front seat, and he pulled it up and strapped it to his shoulder. This place was like another home to him, even though it was far away and basically a big dangerous and difficult labyrinth.

Minwoo stepped back to the path and cracked a branch under his feet. He halted his steps and silenced the wood, when he was attacked behind. He fought and kicked the person to his knee and made him fall to the ground.

“Wow, you’ve learned a lot, sweet cheeks,”

Minwoo turned and gasped, “ERIC!” He got down to his knees – so what if his new pair of pants got dirty! – and grabbed Eric’s arm. “I’m sorry!”

The older man laughed huskily and stood up, telling the other man that nothing happened and he knew it would be a risk to attack Minwoo after all those fight lessons. They were staring at one another, before Eric leaned in and passionately kissed the lips, pinning Minwoo to the nearest tree. It was hot and intense, and they had not seen each other in ages, so longing filled their mouths shortly after.

“What did your mother say when you drove here?” Eric asked afterwards.

“Eh…she…she said it is fine…” Minwoo stuttered and made the taller man retreat.

“You didn’t tell her…”

“Eric, you must understand that—“

“She is married to the most vicious guy in Korea but she won’t let me date you? You have to tell her.” The older one pressured. “I am tired of hiding!”

Minwoo looked down at his feet and bit the bottom lip, the faint taste of Eric still lingering on it. He shook his head and held the strap of his bag like he was at fault. Eric didn’t understand how difficult it was to be someone he wasn’t. Minwoo wanted to be just like his father, but he was held in that house like a prisoner. It was already challenging to practice pickpocketing and Minwoo had been good at that when he had been small.

“She won’t understand even if she was like my father.” Minwoo told.

“She will.”

“No, she won’t.” The other one assured.

Eric knew Minwoo; he would get mad if they argued longer, and he knew that Minwoo had a point. He was not right, but he had a point. He gave up, but just because…

“I love you…ok…?”

                ***

Dongwan seemed annoyed when he finally stood up from the floor and leered at the dark eyes. The leader of his own gang smirked and crossed his arms onto his chest.

“You betrayed me,” Dongwan mumbled.

“When did I?” Eric was playing innocent.

“You left me to wait that you bring backup and all I was there for was the police!” The younger man whimpered in fury. “You almost got me imprisoned!”

The leader cackled like it had been the best prank ever, and pushed his frenemy out of the way. Minwoo was not looking at him, but Dongwan, and his arms were sternly on the chest as well. That was a sign. If Eric tried to even come closer, Minwoo would flip out and possibly kill him.

“So you’re on his team now, huh?” The leader interrogated.

“No,” Minwoo shook his head. “I am married to him.” He showed the wedding ring to the leader and enjoyed the irritated look on the face. “Something you never wanted to give to me. Oh the irony.” The short one spoke and walked off to Dongwan.

The younger man was still bewildered, but slowly the pieces of this jealous puzzle began to lock and he started to comprehend. He grabbed Minwoo’s hand to his and glowered at Eric, who had betrayed him years ago, and who he still carried grudges to.

“Why are you here?” Minwoo asked.

“I saw the priest killing thing,” Eric shoved his hand.

“And what about that?” Dongwan joined.

“I know it was you Minwoo.” The leader muttered and lit up the cigarette. “I recognise those bullets wherever I see them.” He sniggered.

Andy had finally healed and he was helped up – the guy who had hit him apologised – and shortly Junjin came back inside, his face on bruises and body bleeding. Andy cupped his face and seemed worried, but suddenly the bartender slapped the stripper and angrily pointed the finger at him. Junjin bowed his head down like a kid when the younger man scolded and said, “You need to behave!”

“I gave that gun to Dongwan,” Minwoo commented nonchalantly.

“You…gave…”

“Yep.” Dongwan showed it. “I shot him.”

Eric figured it sounded more like Dongwan than Minwoo. Minwoo had changed. He used to look so clean and good, but now the evilness had stained his favourite clothes and he had been filled with all this Dongwan nonsense, and he looked different. Eric daren’t think so, but it was like Minwoo was actually…happy. Aish, he hated to sound so girly all of a sudden. Minwoo had loved that gun like his own child and now he had given it to Dongwan? So unfair!

“Why do you care anyways? It is our burden to carry.” Minwoo held Dongwan’s hand.

“I don’t.” Eric shrugged. “As your ex-boyfriend I just wanted to come and warn you that you won’t be safe here for a long time. Eventually the cops will find you.”

Andy was offended since no one had ever been found in this hellhole – not even Junjin. The owners of the bar just stared at the others and then walked to the backroom to do something before opening the bar to other people.

“I don’t trust you anymore,” Minwoo said.

“You don’t have to trust me—“

“You shot me Eric!”

Dongwan startled and Eric shut up.

“I…yeah…I did.”