Chapter Eighteen

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Eighteen

Eric marched to the security room and pushed the two guys out of the way. He stared at the monitors, eyebrows scrunched on his forehead, as he clicked the mouse and the screens flickered. The two men followed the flickers and helped the boss to see if there was anything unnatural in the screens. “Triple the amount of cameras everywhere,” the man ordered. “If you see anything that deviates from our staff, kill it.”

“Yes sir!” the guys saluted and focused on the screens and called around so the cameras were tripled.

Eric walked out of the room loudly, banging the door behind him, and went all the way to the jailroom where the captive was finally showing living signs again. He grabbed Minwoo by the hair and lifted him, not giving a that the arms and hands were chained to the headboard of the bed. If Minwoo dislocated his shoulders, he wouldn’t be able to fight if Eric unchained him.

“Will he come to me…?” Minwoo crooned.

Eric squeezed the jaw, almost sensing how the bones cracked in his grip. “He won’t be able to find you…” he prepared a syringe for the younger man. “…because you will be far away with me.”

Minwoo gasped, but the soothing, smooth liquid squirted in his skin and knocked him out in less than a minute. Eric smirked evilly, lifted the guy over his shoulder once he had unchained him, and exited the sell. He turned to the guardian.

“If Dongwan comes here…kill him.”

“Yes, sir.”

                             ***

Hyesung had gone ballistic. He had ordered every man to go around and search for Dongwan. He still didn’t comprehend how he had escaped! The traitor went to the monitor room and tried to see the past video tapes, but everything showed the same; first Dongwan was there, then he was gone. Hyesung couldn’t see anything, and that pissed him off.

“Who was in charge of him?!” he yelled at someone.

“We…We can check!” the startled guard went to the office and took a book.

Hyesung walked back and forth, arms behind his back, and cursed that he didn’t have anything to calm himself down with. He had actually listened to that Mafioso and had stopped using whatever pills and powders he could find. Hyesung needed them, he was craving for them, but he didn’t want to break his promise to Eric.

“Sir, we found out who was in charge.” The nervous guard spoke.

“Tell me,” Hyesung held the gun in his hand. “Who is it?”

The nervous guard glanced at the gun and gulped, and then replied, “He is not in our books…but he has written his name in one of the papers…” Hyesung hurried next to the guy and looked over his shoulder. “Who is Park Chung Jae…?”

“Junjin!” The leader hissed.

                             ***

Dongwan glanced at the driver next to him, and studied him from head to toe. Junjin seemed normal. He felt normal. But he wasn’t normal. The hands were on the steering wheel, and he gazed at the road seriously. Dongwan was slightly intimated by the younger man.

“How did—“

“A lot of therapy.” Junjin mumbled.

“Was it—“

“Painful? What do you think?” Dongwan pressed his lips together.

As soon as Junjin’s feet had taken their first step, he had started practicing hard. Doctors were certain he wouldn’t recover fully or that he would fail eventually, but Junjin proved them wrong. For two months he did not leave the therapy room, and just kept walking, thinking about Andy, Dongwan and Minwoo needing him desperately.

“How is—“

Junjin looked down as soon as the topic changed to Andy. “Better…” he replied fast. “He breathes…”

Dongwan felt sorry for the ex-stripper, and touched the hand. Junjin leered at the short guy, and flashed a smile. “I’ll be fine…” he assured. “…I am doing this for Andy.” Dongwan nodded, and promised that they will end this once and for all. “We will get those motherers.” The chauffeur threatened.

                             ***

Eric threw knocked out Minwoo to the trunk of his car and locked it. He left him something to drink and breathe through though. “Sir, Hyesung is here to see you.” A guard spoke, holding his rifle in this hand. “Do you want to see him?”

“Yes, bring him in.”

“Eric,” Hyesung advanced the guy. ”Dongwan won’t be alone when he comes.”

The leader smirked.

“We won’t either.” he said. “We have something valuable to them so they can’t hurt us…or we hurt him…” Eric tapped the trunk satisfied and looked at Hyesung. “Why? You worried about me?” He smirked and touched the chin.

“Tsk,” Hyesung scoffed. “I only care about getting my Dongwan back.” he shoved the hand off.

Eric laughed. “I’m touched. Your Dongwan might get hurt, but you care about me. Truly touched Hyesungie.” The traitor wrinkled his nose, but burst into laughter when Eric wiggled his eyebrows.

“Sir, we see a car approaching.” A guard announced.

The two men turned serious, loaded their guns and looked at each other, “This is it.”